rocket

20 words or less: Super-Low Humanity Detection

YES

Whether this is a perfect idea or not' date=' at least it's a step in the right direction.

And I DO think that this 'humanity level' that will be implemented for this new mechanic should definitely carry over from life to life. The whole point of this mechanic is to offer some type of consequences right? What's the point if someone can run around ruining everyone's day for a week and then just die and have their humanity reset? They know they can "switch" and be good at any time (by dying), so this doesn't really make people think before killing as much as it should. Now, if the consequences were permanent, as in carying over from life to life, then people would REALLY have to live with their actions. I think that's the way to go.

[/quote']

It makes no sense whatsoever to have a humanity counter follow a player around instead of a character. If I lose my gear when I die because I'm playing a different survivor now, why should I have some kind of celestial conscience following me around?

Does NO ONE realize this is a game? It can be realistic as possible, but it is still a game either way and needs to draw the line between realism and playability SOMEWHERE. There's going to be things that don't completely sync-up with real life, but for the game's sake need to be that way. Everyone needs to consider playability and balance before they scream "realism is all that matters!".

You could spot people by hovering crosshair around dark scenery, so no. Exited to see what Rocket is planning to do whit humanity system. Dont think anybody cares about it anymore.

I actually tried to keep my humanity as high as possible when I statretd playing dayz, but soon realized there isn't anykind of payoff for being nice. Just like in real life :)

I shoot people for my own protection, this doesn't make me a bandit it makes me someone that wants to survive.

NO

That is absurd. Stop fixing what isn't broken. Don't fold into these whiny bitches..

Amen brother

No.

Persistent identity through permanent name and appearance would attach long-term consequence to short-term decisions without necessitating outward indicators.

......................... o.o Yes.............. What he said.

YES

Question- this gets rest once the character dies?

This will come down to how close you need to be = how useful.

Great idea!

No.

This game is an anti-game, you said it yourself.

It isn't realistic with this feature, and it is only catering to the butthurt people and avoiding the real problem.

No..

I think?

Are you suggestion my guy has some physic powers that can tell if someone is bad or not?

If so... No.

P.s. Rick new those guys where bad cause of their tone of voice, not cause he has spider senses

yes(but only if...)

your humanity is reset everytime you respawn. maybe one life i want to be a bandit, and another i want to be a good guy.

No thank you.

I like the idea of actions or in-actions of players and not game cues to guide player interaction.

* That being said, if there needs to be something implemented to identify players that are more likely going to kill you, then sure, I guess this sounds like a decent way to do it. It is subtle and seems to be something that can be scaled up or back.

** Rick new they were bad (or at least the fat one) because 45 secs. before the clip Rocket showed, the fat guy said they should just kill them and take their shit.

*** There are always going to be players sitting outside Elektro with their sniper rifles and NVGs taking shots at people, but what I would like to see more of is, less shoot first ask questions later and more incentives to not escalate situations when encountered with other players.

A possible solution to cut back on player killing, or increase player interaction (I guess it depends on how you look at it) would be to make death more permanent. I think having a delay between re-spawns is a possible solution. Not sure how well that would work as I see it adding to the satisfaction of killing someone and making them sit out 5/10/15 minutes or whatever it would be.

What would be neat to see is after a player death, spawn them as a zombie for a certain amount of time. It would be neat if a player controlled zombie (possibly with a small zombie group) could be spawned near survivors. Even better, spawn them near players that are out in the middle of no where.

Rocket,

YES, but please consider my derivative of your proposed system:

Going to break the 20 word rule to explain: The strength of the heartbeat sound should be based on the simple difference between the other guys humanity and your own. You should get nervous only with players worse than yourself.

Here's the effect of doing that. If you have high humanity, you would be very "intuitive" about whether someone is a murderer or not. as you become a serial murderer, your ability to detect murderers diminishes because there are fewer murderers worse than yourself so your conscience is becoming compromised. Your character probably don't care at that point. This also allows groups of bandits to hang out without hearing each others heartbeats (unless one is significantly worse than the rest). I like that idea that the ones with higher humanity are more aware of low humanity players. Please consider this modification to your plan. i think it would work well.

YES

This:

"Maybe some blood on their face, the way their eyes are darting, sweat on their forehead."

+ heartbeat offcourse.

Yes.

Although, you would have to fix the self defense issue though. I dont want to have to wait for them to hit before firing back.

No

A combination of direct and side chat works fine for IFF. Humanity would be best if removed entirely, IMO.

It would be more helpful if pistols could be lowered/holstered similar to main weapons.

It would be more helpful if pistols could be lowered/holstered similar to main weapons.

Press G twice to open and close your inventory and there's your pistol lowered. You can even move with it lowered too.

Yes

But give us more ways to increase our humanity, and reset everyones humanity

YES.

Great Idea.

Can peripheral vision play a part also? possibly a subtle coloured halo effect graphic, alerting you to evil?