Ander (DayZ)

[DayZMod] The Dayz Statistics thread!

So ur just going to give out all info and make this game so predictable that it will be a camp fest of x location? I dont think the devs even play this game they just get input from 1 dev friend that gets what ever he likes on his server.

Dayzmap.info ...

I want to see how many vehicles are hidden kms away from the map edge.

but heatmaps for where people go? Not good under any circumstances.

people already know where most people go' date=' otherwise it wouldn't be where most people go...

this map would just sum it up.

mostlikely it will be the three airfields, stary sobor, devil's castle, berenzino and the coast lines.

oh noes, the secrets revealed!

[/quote']

You misread Waken's statement, it is "...where people go..." not "where MOST people go".

The key point is a heatmap will show the places people go that are not known hotspots, thus giving away player movements and habits that were previously unknown to others players.

So I just did

((alive characters + survival attempts)-(bandits alive + bandits killed)) / (bandits alive + bandits killed)

according to this 1 in 16 characters gets flagged as a bandit...

Is that right?

You misread Waken's statement' date=' it is "...where people go..." not "where MOST people go".

The key point is a heatmap will show the places people go that are not known hotspots, thus giving away player movements and habits that were previously unknown to others players.

[/quote']

its quite obvious that people go to areas where they can get stuff. there is no other reason to go anywhere.

and for the one exception: if one person goes into a random spot in the woods, it will not stand out as a hotspot and thus won't be shown on a hotspot map.

You misread Waken's statement' date=' it is "...where people go..." not "where MOST people go".

[/quote']

its quite obvious that people go to areas where they can get stuff. there is no other reason to go anywhere.

and for the one exception: if one person goes into a random spot in the woods, it will not stand out as a hotspot and thus won't be shown on a hotspot map.

There is every reason to go to places in the middle of nowhere: lighting fires so as not to been seen; hunting animals; logging out; pitching tents; hiding vehicles; etc.

Nearly all my in-game time is spent as far away as possible from buildings/hotspots and there are many other players who do this.

A heatmap is a cumulative map showing data over several days, it's a trend map, not a single moment snapshot, so it will show all the places that players go.

The key point is a heatmap will show the places people go that are not known hotspots' date=' thus giving away player movements and habits that were previously unknown to others players.

[/quote']

It wont though as I am willing to be the the most popular areas for veteran players are quite easy to guess (camps will be clustered in the hills north of the International airfield, in the hills in the black forest and west of Berenzino). Most people will be clustered around the south coast though. If player deaths are measured, discounting the coastal bean wars, the main hotspots will almost certainly be Stary and the International airport. Some people will spend their time doing the deer hide cuircuit at Bor, raiding the Krasnostav airfield or raiding the smaller towns in the central area of the map but as these are in the minority, I would guess, then they are unlikely to be particullary noticable on a hotspot map.

I would be interested in seeing a hotspot map and I very much doubt that it will realistically change player behaviour.

• Like 1

Hey Ander,

I'd personally would find it interesting to know how the distributions of rangefinders and nightvision goggles (maybe GPS) compare.

Since both items have a almost similar rarity (NVG's spawn at Crashsites though), but NVG's are generally regarded as a more useful tool, I think knowing how much of them are carried around would bring alot of inside in the amount of hacked and "duped" items.

geller

...I can also make an anonymous map of where in the world people currently are with some x' date='y,z coordinate to map grid magic.

This should cause some areas to be more crowded than others and it'll display which areas are more popular than others.

[/quote']

PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES DO THIS!!!!

PLAYERS HABITS/LOCATIONS/ETC MUST NEVER BE REVEALED, IT WILL BE A DISASTER.

THINK THIS THROUGH!

PS: sorry about the caps but this must be highlighted.

I agree - Please do not post this info, it's a really bad idea. Basic info such as how many people have died at the North West airfield for example, not so bad as everyone knows it's a hotspot, but heatmaps for where people go? Not good under any circumstances.

Approximately 2.6% of all current survivor and bandits combined have NVGs.

Considder reading the thread first, though +1 for the rangefinder/gps querry.

• Like 1

another stat i reckon would be good per player

avg zombie kill per hour

should add a graphic where you can see where most people get killed. and where most people hang out before they die

And I also would like to check my personal statistics gathered in database, from my all life's in game. Checking by nick or game ID would be fantastic.

Right now on Leaderboards stats are shown on per character basis. Even "all time" ones. Can you show zombies\bandits\murders "all time all characters" as well? Total number of z\b\m kills per GUID not just per character. Would be more interesting that way I think.

People often respawn to get better starting location and it shows as "XXX killed" in log. Is there a way to filter out such deaths from their total?

Increasing top20 to top100 could be good too. Or a way to check your own stats in some db search by entering GUID or something like that.

I want the possibility to check other players, or check yourself how long you have lived. This could be an optional feature. Of which people that wants to stream and not be sniped can check without other people being able to check them. Could be like;

Distance walked: xx (31th place)

Murders: xx (72th place)

Etc.

Why does the site leader board only show top 20? Pretty pointless for most of us lol

How can I see my own stats in each of the categories?

Heatmap is a terrible idea, all that will do is highlight places for pvp, turning it into a situation where all the pvpers flock there and everyone else deems it a no go. It's more fun to not know whether or not many people will be there and if it's safe

Even without a heatmap it isn't hard to approximate player densities and movement patterns, the heatmap isn't going to change anything. We already know where the largest hot-spots are, Cherno/Elektro, Stary, and NW AF, those places are already crawling with 'pvpers' and a heatmap isn't going to change that. If 'everyone else' decides to avoid those places like the plague then so be it; their updated movement patterns/behaviors will change the player density map, as such the 'pvpers' will change their movement patterns/behaviors to respond in kind.

That being said, if you're avoiding a suspected hotzone because of the chance you could get shot you might as well stop playing now.

another stat i reckon would be good per player

avg zombie kill per hour

I agree that this would be interesting. Though in my case it's because I want to see who has the lowest kills per hour, rather than the highest!

I quite enjoy surviving without attracting attention or using up any ammo if I can help it, so I'd be hoping to come out towards the bottom end of the scale rather than the top like many other players.

A heatmap would be interesting but not in the spirit of the mod in my opinion, but then neither are printed Chernarus maps, loot maps or loot tables, yet so many players are clearly using those. Therefore I don't think a heatmap of player locations would make an ounce of difference. The only time I use a map is if I find one in game, but that's how *I* like to play DayZ. I would never expect everyone else to be the same.

in my case it's because I want to see who has the lowest kills per hour' date=' rather than the highest[/quote']

Agree. And also, would be nice to have a ranking of survival time for character without murders.

There is every reason to go to places in the middle of nowhere: lighting fires so as not to been seen; hunting animals; logging out; pitching tents; hiding vehicles; etc.

Nearly all my in-game time is spent as far away as possible from buildings/hotspots and there are many other players who do this.

A heatmap is a cumulative map showing data over several days' date=' it's a trend map, not a single moment snapshot, so it will show all the places that players go.

[/quote']

again: a heatmap will show heatpoints, if there isn't much player movement in one area, even over a spread of time, its not a heatpoint and won't be shown on a heatmap. i highly doubt we get to see every single spot a single player has been in, this would make for a serious clutterfest, merely useless. mind you, the data is collected accross all servers. 100k players and counting. thats alot of stuff to bring on a 225qkm map.

i am not even interested in such kind of map - it would be cool to check out, but i wouldn't bother going anywhere just because there have been people before. what a waste of time, what would i do if i find such a spot? hope it might be a savespot for a car and that i happen to be on the right server? rather not.

me thinks we get a little exaggerated here.