rocket

Why is the life expectancy going up?

Can't speak for the other 200000 people, but my average survival time has probably increased 2000% in the past 2 weeks.

LOL i told you the reason in my previous post and its a solid fact (on my home sever anyway). The guys that joined to the tune of "trust no one" and "shoot on sight" have realized that thats not the only choice they have. Cooperation has improved and therfor we are harder for bandit mofo's to kill.

LOL i told you the reason in my previous post and its a solid fact (on my home sever anyway). The guys that joined to the tune of "trust no one" and "shoot on sight" have realized that thats not the only choice they have. Cooperation has improved and therfor we are harder for bandit mofo's to kill.

Where? When? I'm not mistrusting your words but I noticed an exact opposite trend in players behavior in the last week.

Maybe it's me or maybe it's fault of european servers but, Delta Smoke, you must be playing in a fairy tale server.

People who have gone so far in the game and stopped playing while waiting for significant new content to be added i'd imagine. But they'd be in good heatlth, and alive for a while.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready

If you're going to run numbers I recommend you do some more in-depth analysis - you want to see stuff like what the average survival time for a player's Xth character is, what the survival time of characters dying ONLY in the last week, two weeks, whatever is, how many characters the average player has had, how many characters the average active player (i.e. actually played in the last week or two) has gone through, and so on and so forth. When you just have a global historical average it will be very difficult to extract meaningful information from this; when you can look at a bunch of figures and see that "average survival time significantly increases by a player's 5th character" and "the majority of active players are now on at least their 5th character" then that'll give you some clear insight.

I was going to suggest that the time went up significantly on the basis that people stopped doing the repeated respawn to get a good starting spot after dying, but it's pointed out that very very short survival times weren't counted; so, barring that the stats are calculated wrong and you only THINK you've discounted those but are actually still including them, my money is on the average competency of the player base rising after the initial huge popularity wave has abated, so there's no longer such a massive influx of complete newbies and most of the ones who just couldn't hack it have given up and moved on already.

People playing carefully, trying to survive; I think maybe that is why the numbers go up?

I know I am playing carefull. I'm still playing my first life (I've started playing with 1.5.8 or 1.5.7), and I never died once (*knocks on wood*).

There where some moments when I almost died, but somehow (thank g*d) I've survived every time. I haven't met many other players, in fact I've only met two during my game.

I try to keep low, keep alive. I'm still hoping that someday I'll meet friendly survivors, so I can team up. But I'm also scared to make contact, I do not want to die!

It's a great game, great mod; I'm having so much fun, thank you rocket!