Sign in to follow this  
scoffield77@gmail.com

Armor/Planes/Mortars/HMG for standalone

I'm not talking about modern army units, I do not want F35 and M1 Abrams kicking ass and taking names. It would ruin the point of the game completely.

But I do think adding BDRM, Yak 7b, HMG and Mortars will add substance and increase the fear factor of the game. Right now all we do is get geared up and snipe each other. Rather boring if you ask me, it's why I quit playing for a bit, that and hackers.

Any one knows that when armor arrives on the battlefield, the tide changes. Your heart either sinks or finds it way to cloud9.

Adding armor to the game is a big deal though. I decided on the BDRM because it's lightly armored, you can take it out with hail of 7.62 fire if you hit it enough. Armor is also a effective tool against Snipers, and other tactics.

I also simply would like to see a fighter plane in DayZ. I think it fits well for what the game is. The yak-7b isn't armed like F35s or Frogfoots so it wouldn't be as big as a threat compared to those. But having it in the game would add substance, and give players more things to do. It's top speed being 370 MPH, It wouldn't be that hard to shoot down.

Mortars and HMG also should be added to the game. Though they stay the way that they are currently in Arma2 OA.

That being you have to assemble a tripod and the gun/mortar together. adding HMG will be a good counter to BDRM and Yak 7b, plus it's good for defending a base against enemy attack. Mortars would require teammates to use, promoting team play. The mortar mechanics would need a change(no Arty computer), and you should have to find ammo for the HMG and mortars separately

Armor, Planes, Mortars and HMG all effect the mine set of the soldier (player in this case) That is enough of a reason to add them to the game. But along side that it would get rid of the abuse of sniping, It will give the player more to do, and it will make the game less dry. adding these would change the way the game is played. I think they should be rare, not so rare you can't have tank battles or dog fights. but not so common everyone has one(but with hackers everyone prob will anyway)

Opinions?

Edited by Bullfrog
  • Like 1

Awesome then we can call the game BF4!!! Quit trying to ruin a good game with these idiotic ideas!!!!

• Like 5

Doesn't sound like it would fit into DayZ at all, why not just play ArmA?

• Like 7

i havent seen it so i dont know if it exists in game but what about a hummer with a mounted machine gun.

Doesn't sound like it would fit into DayZ at all, why not just play ArmA?

yes it does, though the L85 with thermals doesn't at all.

and I come from Arma ;) I play Arma over Dayz anyday, I'll play Arma 2 over DayZ Stand alone, but that's irrelevant because DayZ sucks atm (why everyone is quitting)

The issues are the snipers, the game is dry, it's full of hackers and the community is turning to shit. Just trying to help fix the 1st 2, the rest is up to Rocket.

Awesome then we can call the game BF4!!! Quit trying to ruin a good game with these idiotic ideas!!!!

You can't turn Arma in to Battlefield haha

Mortars/MMG might be the only plausible weapons system out of the ones suggested. However, the spawn rate would have to be the same as M136.

I think they should add a M2 HMG, but make The ammo as rare as it is now. So you will Need quite some Time to collect 100 round, which you would eat through considering you are using a machinegun.

To Balance it Even more they should remove The build in tracers and also add lootable .50 tracer bullets, resulting in you actually having to find those to use The Gun without The Ironsights (which Kid of suck).

Ideas?

Edited by UmBe

We don't need armor vehicles and warplanes. DayZ is not ArmA 2.

Yak-7b's can go way faster that 370 mph. There are yak pilots that shot down Me-262s.

Like every survivor of an apocalype would run off to a military installation to get all the heavy gear...and get shot at while trying.

Food is not important isn't it...?

I don't think ya'll get what I was saying but this post is old and idc anymore.

But ya'll act like I want M119 with Arty computers, M1 Abrams and F35 jets in the game, and M134s... witch is silly.

But people are going to try to find a tactical advantage over other people in anygame that has PvP.

in a game where authenticity is key... I don't see the harm in adding low grade vehicles and weapons that could change the course of a battle. Just because zombies are in the game doesn't mean Dshka or M2 are not real.

Edited by Bullfrog

I think the point is that this game is not about 'turning the tide of battle' in the way you might do in ARMA. Yes, there is PvP, and it's a part of the game, but for realistic simulations of battle... Just play ARMA.

I think that's the point people are trying to make.

And I'm saying just because the game sole purpose isn't about military tactics.. does that make it irrelevant? The answer is no, There will be clans, there will be firefights, there should be ways to get an advantage far pass the ol Ak vs M16 debate.

Just cause the game is about survival, doesn't make other real life aspects irrelevant.

This^

If you want that kind of B/S play, join a Namalsk server and have your dogfights and tank wars.

I know people say get over it, but almost nothing bugs me more than some guy wanting to add in elements of BF3, CoD, and elements of Arma2 to DayZ. This is a survival SIM. Not a shoot em' up, over the fuck all top, first person arcade PvP 24/7, happy happy fun time game.

This^

If you want that kind of B/S play, join a Namalsk server and have your dogfights and tank wars.

I know people say get over it, but almost nothing bugs me more than some guy wanting to add in elements of BF3, CoD, and elements of Arma2 to DayZ. This is a survival SIM. Not a shoot em' up, over the fuck all top, first person arcade PvP 24/7, happy happy fun time game.

Stop being dramatic, you know that'snot what I want.

Stop being dramatic, you know that'snot what I want.

I know you know that I know that you know that I know what you want. :D

What I'm saying is generalized, people come in, and suggest additions like this, and they range from weird to crazy to insane to pointless.

The devs will add what they feel is necessary to the game. Trust them.

If what you want is not in the game, wait till private servers open with what you want. Or, rent a server and put them in yourself.

Almost every idea you post before... I liked. But this one? Dude, no :/

The issues are the snipers, the game is dry, it's full of hackers and the community is turning to shit. Just trying to help fix the 1st 2, the rest is up to Rocket.

So let's fix the problems of overpowered .50 sniper rifles by adding a god damn armored vehicle.

Fuck logic.

well then I've completely misunderstood the point of the suggestion thread.

No, you've misunderstood what a good suggestion is.

Almost every idea you post before... I liked. But this one? Dude, no :/

Thanks ;) There's always a dud in a good batch =p

anyway I posted it and I'll keep saying why I posted it, but honestly idc... I'm fine with mortars and etc. not being in the game. I just wanted to see what the community thought. It's funny that someone brought it back from being dead who disagreed and now it's a unlike post hogging the top