Trizzo

Standalone Poll: First Person Only?

First Person View?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support first person only view in future versions of DayZ?

• Yes, first person only
    • No, i want other camera options

As much as I love DayZ's realism, I'm going to say no. Gameplay issues aside, I think that third person mode is actually a better representation of a real person's field of view than the current first person view is. However, I would like to see it improved upon - perhaps adding a blurring effect wherever the player character is not actually seeing while in third person. For example, if you were to look behind a wall using third person, anything behind the wall would be blurred.

First person only for using your char. But I need third person to drive a car or whatever.

First person only for using your char. But I need third person to drive a car or whatever.

agree, car wouldn't last 2 minutes with all the roadblocks/random items that just appear out of nowhere when speeding along

no no no no....see this is exactly what blizzard did with diablo 3. They removed good things that diablo 2 had thinking it would be beneficial in diablo 3. There is a lot of things in this Day Z mod that may seem beneficial to remove but in reality your just hurting what makes this mod different and so good. Not to mention you already have the option of going in third and 1st person. Let the player choose.

Edited by Dynamics

To put it bluntly...I wouldnt be playing the game if it didnt have third person...im 100%open to something being brought in to stop peeking over walls and such but if it was taken out all together i wouldnt be playing it anymore

Disable 'alt' for the ability to look around whilst in 3P.

I use 3P when I'm in the open, in towns and buildings. 1P becomes useful

I think third person Is great! and first person is less real because its 90 degrees third person is 120 degrees so it's more real as far as that gos....

Edited by lethe

first person only is always a very tempting "option" for me. Of course there would be ways to further spin the web of authenticity. Peaking mechanisms, or what about introducing little mirrors. I imagine that one can find shatterd pieces of mirrors in almost every building.

first person is less real because its 90 degrees third person is 120 degrees

Stop making things up.

Can't happen, unfortunately. Without it, there's no DayZ youtube content (or not nearly as much) and that can't happen as it's now part of the DayZ culture. Just as much as Minecraft videos/LP's and animations are apart of it's bigger picture

Edited by calthehunter

This tweet might be of interest to some of you following this thread, Rocket was asked if he had considered removing third person (after the recent thread on removing the crosshair)

Considered it and a very good debate on reddit/forums about it. I have a solution, but that doesn't involve removing it entirely

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1