wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Bored of heli crash sites just randomly appearing?

This has been added to GB Wireworld

Any issues, let me know.

Edited by Papa
  • Like 1

Unsure what others think of the video below but it keeps happening when I attempt to kill [bABO] Zohn.

Personally I'm beginning to find Wireworld to be under managed when it comes to anti-hack and discipline. There are known combat loggers and they literally don't give a shit because Mac doesn't care. We've had a few groups hacking and it took ages for them to be banned. Mooseriders only got banned because Truedat resorted to cheating himself in order to investigate and honestly I'm inclined to do the same when I come across something like this.

If I had been killed before I sprayed him in the head, his friends could've run over and blood bagged him. It's either a glitch in the game or foul play, it is not de-sync like they're saying.

I began recording a good 30-40 seconds after I'd first shot him. I'd hit him with a load of bullets then went to kill Infy, realising he was still alive I ran up to him and sprayed him with bullets from point blank. When he didn't die I began recording.

http://youtu.be/rJQNZK4Lt2w

Edited by ohgreen

After talking with R4Z0R49, it has been confirmed that this is a bug to do with;

* [uPDATED] - When unconscious all dmg is lowed to 50 blood for each hit zeds do no matter the part they hit. (Should allow some surviabilty)

He has corrected this for the official 1.7.7 release.

Combat loggers: I found a nice script this morning that can punish combat loggers automatically. Still deciding what level of punishment I want to dish out. Unconscious, broken legs, 100 blood sounds appropriate.

With Macs approval, I am going to add Gotcha antihacks to the server to give a dual layer of protection.

Its really a joke how hard you go at us for this bug and try to accuse us of cheating when we told you its a bug in the game. This has happened so many times to me, even though i dont have evidence for it because i never have recorded a video in my life.

But whats even worse is how you Chris start talking to people like this is a Ghetto and you are the Major of the city, so well educated. Dude chill already, nobody is an uneducated prick cuz they disagree with you. I mean wtf is wrong with you seriously.

Bugs in this game exist, i mean its still a BETA, and it seems like you dont know as much as you think you do, so stay calm next time and try to use some manners instead of going all out on people with your language.

Its really pathetic to call people cheaters and when they try to explain to you whats actually happening you just start calling names or blantly make us look like guys with an IQ of 75. You call my brother a GODMODE cheater even though he dies to your shots, just not as you expect him to die, because there obviously is a bug causing this.

I shot Andy yesterday 60 times with a L85 Holo and he died delayed, did i call him a cheater? NO, i know something is broken, even if its lag or this unconcious thing causing hits being limited to 50 damage.

But i totaly agree with you on people getting Wildcards only because they are young or any random reason. Wont call a name here, but this guy really shouldnt be playing on this server anymore.

• Like 1

And just for the record Christ, i really would like to get a decent explaination how you could even believe for a second that this might be a cheat.

We run arround on the map and seem to run into you, you shoot zohn, he drops unconcious to the ground and bleeds, you finish him off. What kind of GODMODE is that please, seriously? He turned it off was your explaination. When exactly was that then? Right after he dropped to ground unconcious? Wait how did that happen in the first place then? I mean his GODMODE was activated, wasnt it? Or did he just turn it on so you cant finish him while is lying on the ground, wait you did kill him, so no thats wrong too.

To me this sounds like a giant pill of made up stuff, pure imagination. Maybe you shouldnt be so fast about education while you seem to be a bit lacking on logic and comon sense.

I really dont want to turn this into a flame war but use your head next time first, as you think its so well developed, and show us how smart you really are and then talk your mind.

Initially I suggested Godmode as it allows a player to survive more than you should survive, which is what happened. When I shoot a player that many times with an MK Mod, I don't expect them to survive. If your entire squad was there and I'd shot Zohn 10 times with an MK Mod only for you guys to kill me and blood bag him, that to me is unfair. Frankly at the moment, this glitch to me is pretty game breaking. A large squad effectively becomes a lot tougher because unconscious team mates become Chuck Norris.

Add to the fact that the only person I've encountered this happening to is Zohn. I previously shot him 4 times with a DMR in cherno and guess what... he survived.

If you look at the post I made, I said it's either a glitch in the game or cheating. I attempt to keep an open mind when things like this happen, but when I kill you and it's only Zohn (aka the Terminator) who turns into Jesus, the probability of it being a glitch and not player specific, reduce.

You and Faffy took it upon yourselves to act as if it was caused by Zohn's dial up connection, you discounted every other option. Hence my retaliation against your intellect.

I'll reserve judgement of other players until further anti-hack preventions are implemented.

But i totaly agree with you on people getting Wildcards only because they are young or any random reason. Wont call a name here, but this guy really shouldnt be playing on this server anymore.

For anyone that isn't aware, that player is Niek.

We were mistaken there too, as the only thing that made sense to cause this issue could be lag, the server not taking note of hits to players. Its good to see that you atleast can have a decent conversation on the forums, why not keep it that way on TS3 / side channel too?

• Like 1

We were mistaken there too, as the only thing that made sense to cause this issue could be lag, the server not taking note of hits to players. Its good to see that you atleast can have a decent conversation on the forums, why not keep it that way on TS3 / side channel too?

Yeah, the thing is the side channel is awesome, but the tone in it is often very childish. And as with this incident, as soon as it happend Chris started to call out cheater and what not, you really seem to go from 0 to 100 in like a setting when stuff happens to you, all in all it is a game and in situations like this i think a more casual approach is better until things are proven one way or the other.

Unfortunately I've played on this server for long enough to know that if you just put up with issues nothing happens.

Mooseriders were suspected by my group for a very long time, they went under the radar whilst cheating for far too long and were only found out when a player (not an admin) did the necessary to investigate.

I'd like to see your reaction if you suspected me of scripting and just responded with "it's just desync".

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've played on this server for long enough to know that if you just put up with issues nothing happens.

Mooseriders were suspected by my group for a very long time, they went under the radar whilst cheating for far too long and were only found out when a player (not an admin) did the necessary to investigate.

I'd like to see your reaction if you suspected me of scripting and just responded with "it's just desync".

Hah! Ohgreen, appreciate the support very much. I really do. It means a lot to me.

But to add to your statement, I'd just like to say...do not do what I did!

Grrrrr! If you lot behaved like this in Wireworld I'd do this:

1. Bang your heads together...

2. Remind you that EVERY Wireworld member respects EVERY other Wireworld member at all times...

3. Make you say sorry and shake hands.

Can we all start acting our age and NOT our shoe size (UK sizes)

Peace

Mac

• Like 4

Looks like running the DayZ beta is not pulling players onto the server like it used to!

With the player numbers so low, has anyone thought about adding AI patrols onto the server?

I've been trying out some other servers, and I quite like the AI...

· They are crap at fighting properly, but they can be dangerous if they get line of sight and you're in the open, or if they catch you by surprise.

· When you hear them firing nearby, you don't know whether it's players or not; they add a little tension.

· It's an additional, interesting way to obtain some military gear.

· They only spawn near players, and then they go on patrol. The map is updated every couple of minutes with the patrol's markers, so you can tell very, very roughly where players are on the map, which is a good thing when numbers are low and you're wondering which quadrant of the map you should look for players in.

I've no idea how hard it is to implement, or whether it would actually help draw players to the server.

Server news:

Got another 1.7.7 Pre-release update from R4Z0R49 today, Database has been backed up and cleared for the new Patch as requested by him.

Time to start again lads :D

Kind regards

Mac

Looks like running the DayZ beta is not pulling players onto the server like it used to!

With the player numbers so low, has anyone thought about adding AI patrols onto the server?

I've been trying out some other servers, and I quite like the AI...

· They are crap at fighting properly, but they can be dangerous if they get line of sight and you're in the open, or if they catch you by surprise.

· When you hear them firing nearby, you don't know whether it's players or not; they add a little tension.

· It's an additional, interesting way to obtain some military gear.

· They only spawn near players, and then they go on patrol. The map is updated every couple of minutes with the patrol's markers, so you can tell very, very roughly where players are on the map, which is a good thing when numbers are low and you're wondering which quadrant of the map you should look for players in.

I've no idea how hard it is to implement, or whether it would actually help draw players to the server.

Hi Anti,

I built and tested the server with AI and while it's great fun I feel it would distract from my mission to help with DayZ patch development.

Kind regards

Mac

Hey Guys,

I've given Papa and Mr Jack/Barry Bandit a well earned holiday from their admin duties on the server.

Big thanks to them for looking after the Server while I was away. From today I'm your only active admin.

Kind regards

Mac

Hey Guys,

I've given Papa and Mr Jack/Barry Bandit a well earned holiday from their admin duties on the server.

Big thanks to them for looking after the Server while I was away. From today I'm your only active admin.

Kind regards

Mac

You're not active and there's idiots shouting over side chat.

Why remove their powers, there's surely nothing good to come of it?

I'm back in the driving seat for a bit, anything annoying or broken can be fixed in time, instant isn't always available, be patient please gentlemen, bigger fish are out there too.

Let us play....

Edited by wireworld