wireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Vanilla DayZ Server - It was a lot of fun!

Is your name beermonster? if so i was strangely sitting in those trees you ran by and shit myself and shot you. -TacticalMooseRider

Ha><0R!!!2

Heh, Acutally, I get killed so much I don't even remember that one.

Only being on the server for a week, I've felt it was clean.

In fact the only downside to the server is the way this thread is turning with all the personal insults. Seems there isn't a mature player amongst the main instigators. It certainly doesn't promote the server in any positive light, which is a shame, and pisses on the admins hard work.

Only a game guys.

Edited by BeerMonster
  • Like 1

The admins pissed on there hard work when they banned a group with "accusations" of hacking, and allow the actual hacker on there server.

Just to let everyone know and hopefully close this "incident", Captain America has been banned from the server as well. I wasn't happy with either the Moosemen's responses or Captain America's responses in this thread. I would of preferred that both parties acted with some maturity and had waited to speak to me in private to resolve the allegations. That option was sadly missed by both parties... ranting here in public or via my email is not the way to resolve issues.

For future reference, any hacking allegations will result in all players involved being de-whitelisted for a couple of days while I investigate and only then will both parties be invited to a private chat on TS before a decision is given.

Can we get on with our lives now please..

Mac

• Like 5

I don't know if I'm the only one to read the comments from the accused and pick out:

o wait the server has NO ANTI-hacks and none of the admins can properly use rcon

I personally wasn't aware the admins haven't implemented anti-hacks and they can't properly use rcon... but then I don't hack so I wouldn't know?

Either way, as a long standing member I'd like to maintain that Wireworld is a hack free server with a fantastic community and encourage others to join.

~Chris

Edited by ohgreen
  • Like 4

Some bad seeds are always bound to pass through the filter, Wireworld still is the only option playing DayZ, and due to the flaming here in the thread it really doesn't matter what right or wrong, if you can't act mature you should not be on the server. You have and are doing great work with the server Mac.

- RaZ

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm the only one to read the comments from the accused and pick out:

I personally wasn't aware the admins haven't implemented anti-hacks and they can't properly use rcon... but then I don't hack so I wouldn't know?

Either way, as a long standing member I'd like to maintain that Wireworld is a hack free server with a fantastic community and encourage others to join.

~Chris

I only knew because Mac had talked to me about it before, there aren't hackers in wireworld, there never was until captainamerica hacked. Edited by Lt.dantaylor

Well done Mac. That was a good decision and appropriate punishment for all parties concerned. Nice to have closure to this incident. The soap opera was getting tiresome.

With so many whitelisters and 30+ players at peak Wireworld hours daily, one should not lose sight that we have no grievances from the quiet majority.

It fell on on a couple of individuals (who play mainly during off peak hours) to allow their private personality feud to spill over into the public arena with loud, obnoxious rants, illegal exploits and disingenuous self-righteousness. Most unbecoming.

As most of you who have been regulars here are no doubt aware, this is an exceptionally well administered server with responsible and approachable admins where decisions are made after weighing all considerations fairly and factually.

Mac's good track record and that of the server pretty much speak for themselves.

But we will always get comments from disgruntled people who attempt to paint the venue in a bad light after they were banned for doing something bad. These are the very same inconsiderate folks who have made public servers a cesspool of decay and one reason why most of us have migrated to private hives like Wireworld where we expect admins to come down hard on any form of anarchy.

When we see admins here exercising their powers, it is an acknowledgement that they are active and on the job however thankless the duty may be such that we may continue to enjoy the server. When you don't see any admin presence, that's the time when you should start worrying.

Gentlemen, I think it is time we get back to discussing and enjoying DayZ in the manner it was meant to be. Please move along and do not feed the trolls. They will soon fade away once they tire of listening to the sounds of the own voices.

Edited by Cactus
  • Like 1

Likely it was you who parachuted out before crashing the thing :)

thats not a chrashed heli, its the rare metal soilswimming whale!

Say what you will enjoy your server boys, MooseRiders never hacked, have no proof because we didn't hack and did not think to fraps everything as proof, enjoy this http://www.break.com...ega-mix-2419790

-NoviceMooseRider

You are missing the point.

From what I understood through comments posted by admins, ...you, your group and your protaganist were booted from Wireworld for your overall conduct in handling this matter, which is quite aside from any allegations of hacking.

If there are pending allegations or accusations of wrongdoing, you could very well have displayed some sangfroid and discretely put your case to the admin in a cool, composed and controlled manner.

After all, this really is your OWN little private war and vendetta with your protaganist, with whom you felled out of favour when you were both in the same clan. It does not involve the larger community of DayZ Wireworld who are perfectly happy being on this server.

However, the both of you chose to bypass any opportunity for quietly resolving issues. Instead, the both of you turn the server, and then this forum, into a public f**k fest, including :-

- engaging in one-upmanship by publicly gloating over the banning of one group and open admission to the use of hacks

- making disparaging remarks about the impartiality of the admins without having given admins reasonable opportunity to work closely with the aggrieved parties

- making misleading and baseless remarks regarding the propreity of this server in the hope of discouraging potential members from joining. By imputation those comments are detrimental and unfairly prejudice the quiet majority of members here who have invested their time and are perfectly happy with the server's administration.

To me, the decision to ban both your group and your nemesis is a no-brainer.

The way you both conducted yourselves makes your position untenable. You dug your own grave and you only have yourself to blame.

Goodbye

cactus your missing the point, we got blindsided with a complete de-whitelist of our whole group with no evidence of our team doing anything wrong, to just find the person who hacked against us, and provided fake evidence bragging about how were gone and he was aloud to stay. Sorry that i wasn't going to allow him to spread false facts after already fucking us over, with hacks in the server killing us and destroying our tent, stealing our helicopter, and getting us banned.

If you are convinced you are wronged, you should have worked closely with the admin by keeping the communication channels open with him and letting the investigative process take its course in a discrete and orderly manner.

What Cpt_America alleged and said loudly about you in public is irrelevant in so far as Mac will not accept anything as truth until he has a reasonable opportunity to complete the investigation. If it was firmly established that certain people were lying, then no doubt Mac will clear matters up promptly and publicly.

The whole idea that anyone of you can pre-empt any ongoing investigation by a premature public airing of dirty laundry puts you all in bad light because you are effectively taking matters into your own hands and compromising the admin's prerogative and denying him an opportunity to sort out the issues in a server that belongs to HIM and NOT TO YOU.

Go back and read some of your vitriol.

Going ballistic as you did in the forum and vilifying the good name of the community by saying all that you said just because you wanted a public tit-for-tat against Cpt America makes you no different from him.

Both of you took matters into your own hands. He hacked the server when fully aware it is illegal to do so and then gloated about it after he was caught. You then try to out-match him in stupidity by sinking to the same level of public melodrama and then you cap it all off by telling people not to come to this server.

Hell of way to campaign for sympathy and protect your name. More than anything, folks are now in no position to believe you with the way you acted.

Let it go guys. It sucks the way things went, whichever way you look at it but it's time to move on.

For those reading this and thinking about coming to Wireworld I can heartily recommend it. Mac does not wave his ban-stick around a lot and this sort of hacking going on is definitely the exception to the rule on Wireworld.

Settled there a while ago and am happy to call it home. Come and join us!

Edited by CH0PP3R
  • Like 2

anyone got an M4A1Holo stashed away they would like to trade, Para mucho Frijoles?

Wireworld - came for the zombies, stayed for the drama.

There's steady 15-30 people online most evenings, which is perfect for Chernarus in my opinion. Almost everyone is new-blood and running in small groups. Quite a few seem to be scavenging/repairing vehicles rather than just camping hotspots. 1761 seems like the best version for quite a while. File signatures are on, and BE seems to be doing OK. It's all good! I look forward to being shot by you all.

As far as hacking and all that crap, the truth can't always be uncovered easily and admins only have a certain amount of time and skill at their disposal. I suggest the bottom line is this - if you seem to be causing more problems than you are solving, then you're going to be gone whether it's an injustice or not.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 4

Wireworld - came for the zombies, stayed for the drama.

:D Beans for you :beans: :beans: :beans:

I accept my punishment. I deserve it. For those wanting to join the server, Mac and 95% of the Wireworld inhabitants are great folks. There is a reason why there is so much drama. Because the condemned are going to miss the server. Why? Because its competitive, fun, fair and most of all, well managed.

Just go play some DayZ and in a few days, all of this will be a faint memory.

Peace out and thanks for all of the good times.

Edited by TrEuDaT
  • Like 1

Few bugs to highlight in this patch -

* When changing into the bandit skin you can be teleported over the ocean where you will bounce about 50 feet in the air until you abort (not very convenient when in combat, unless you're looking to escape!). When you log back in, you will get a random spawn with all your gear on the coast.

* Berezino, Elektro & Cherno piers are death traps, you can be thrown into the air and die on impact so avoid venturing onto them.

* If you get knocked out and bleed out at the same time, you will not die until you attempt to stand up. Due to this, a player can get blood bagged whilst unconscious (even on 0 blood) and still survive when they wake up.

* When fixing/refueling vehicles you will need all players to exit the vehicle and enter the driver/pilot seat before applying the component or fuel for it to register.

Apart from the above, I like this patch. I'd rather not be attacked in vehicles though but I guess that's looking like a keeper <_<

Chris.

Edited by ohgreen

Oh and also, never try and throw a grenade when a zombie is attacking you... I got Mike Tyson punched whilst 'powering up' the throw and dropped it at my feet.

It's not the most elegant death I've had.

Chris.

Edited by ohgreen
  • Like 2

Few bugs to highlight in this patch -

* When changing into the bandit skin you can be teleported over the ocean where you will bounce about 50 feet in the air until you abort (not very convenient when in combat, unless you're looking to escape!). When you log back in, you will get a random spawn with all your gear on the coast.

* Berezino, Elektro & Cherno piers are death traps, you can be thrown into the air and die on impact so avoid venturing onto them.

* If you get knocked out and bleed out at the same time, you will not die until you attempt to stand up. Due to this, a player can get blood bagged whilst unconscious (even on 0 blood) and still survive when they wake up.

* When fixing/refueling vehicles you will need all players to exit the vehicle and enter the driver/pilot seat before applying the component or fuel for it to register.

Apart from the above, I like this patch. I'd rather not be attacked in vehicles though but I guess that's looking like a keeper <_<

Chris.

Cheers Chris, Devs are aware of those issues :beans: :beans: :beans:

got my m4a1 holo at last, but paid a heavy price for it, made the deal, and then filled up a czech pack with several rabbit stakes, several mre's, several canteen's of boiled water + a load of clips of mp5sd & g17 + m9sd ammo.. made a loot pile on the ground to put the czech pack on to, so I could put all the gear into a coyote pack - it fucking vanished!grrrr.

Explained the problem to Thehet, so arranged a British assault pack instead, ran round my tents looking for as close to the original load out as possible; though had to use fresh meat instead of Rabbit and MRE's, headed off to the agreed location to do the swap, and like a dickhead tried to put the backpack into his motorbike, bye bye backpack number two, and boy didn't i feel a right twat!

Story had a happy ending anyways and he still gimme the gun. Went for a spin on the motor bike with him and ended up getting caught in a total shit storm up at Starry!! great nights fun indeed.. cheers for the gun Thehet..

edit: ps cheers for the trade offer Faffy, just hadn't got what you were asking for..

Edited by Calibre
  • Like 4