rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

It's a good change and stealth should have a bigger impact in the game. It also help newbies to learn to use some stealthy tactics instead of going down the highway shooting your makarov. But please increase the spawn of pistols somewhat and when you have time, please add some more low tier weapons to chose from.

YES

Might as well try it out and see how it goes, I don't think everyone has a handgun with 5 mags at home...that being said...everyone does have a flashlight. Maybe consider swapping the starting handgun out with a starting flashlight?

YES. or max 2 mags.

what did i read? new line of sight calcs etc.

i hope 1.7.1 will be one of the best builds with no hitting trough walls zombies and new mocap animations.

cant wait :)

YES

Everyone should spawn as a scared civilian scavenging to barely survive. Flashlight on spawn please. Helps with dark. Thank you.

Why don't you give some people a makarov without ammo and some people just makarov ammo?

Good test of trusting eachother and finding people to team up with.

YES btw

YES

Teaches new players how to use stealth and distraction (until melee is developed) and makes firearms precious. Three extra words.

Why don't you give some people a makarov without ammo and some people just makarov ammo?

I like this idea!

YES

....at the moment I have no weapon because of a hacker that took everyone's gun away.Makes you think twice.

YES

If there were some way to implement this with the *mysterious* humanity? Lower humanity = Less/No gear?

Because trusting pacifists always own guns and paranoids who would shoot on sight never do?

YES

Everyone should spawn as a scared civilian scavenging to barely survive. Flashlight on spawn please. Helps with dark. Thank you.

Yeah its a bit silly you get road flares not a flash light. Who has road flares in their house?!

I like this idea!

+1

So do I. Great way of inciting cooperation.

DUNNO

I like the idea. I would embrace this change, but it would create an unimmersive 'win' strategy which other players will likely start using.

A problem with the mod is that when people spawn they feel all god-mode, for what have they got to lose? Then there is a turning point, maybe after 2/3 useful items are found (very subjective ofc).

The game should bring this turning point as soon as possible, for this is the moment a player gets immersed and feels connected to the experience, resulting in far less dumbassery.

I think removing the gun will most likely make the players feel they have even less to lose until they find a weapon. This find will therefor be very meaningful! That's awesome! However, without the ability to take out a few zombies, the time it will take to effectively explore buildings will be sooo much longer, resulting in frustration.

I think it will result in players running into towns like headless chickens (hoping they can ditch aggro if they attract zeds) until they find a gun.

Rush in, hope to find gun, defend self. No gun? Try evading, or respawn and rush in again.

tl;dr: Without a gun people will feel they have even less to lose, whereas you want then to feel they have _everything_ to lose.

YES

Because you have your reason and there is maybe more behind it what we dont understand/know. It doesnt matter if it is annoying since the game is successfull because it pisses people off.

This gives even a chance to group up at start, but rather the option for talking to people without the fear to get shot. But to avoid that geared players kill unarmed new players like flies, some kind of function like the Bandit skin is needed. Player will kill others doesnt matter if they have something valueable or not.

The current Deathmatch gameplay style with killing on sight is still a problem to group up, trust has been lost into players and new ones gets sucked into the same gameplay.

In addition the game needs random spawns, to avoid spawn camping and to be guided with loot tables to quickly rearm without bigger risks. Exploring and the feel to be lost is on of the major strenghts in this mod !

I say, try it .....

YES

But, I think is better to have more spawnpoints when you apply this change. Otherwise it can/will be a big bean's party for bored bandits at the coast. So maybe add spawnpoints close to Zelenogorsk, Krasnostav and Staroye etc?

Yes

And remove EVERYTHING ELSE from the start. So new player are NOT an interrest at all for bandit.

I like this idea!

+1

So do I. Great way of inciting cooperation.

THIS is a good idea! Also +1 from me!

NO

I can't actually hide from zombies and they will chase me forever. I need another option.

Unless you want to encourage more players to disconnect.