rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

people really think they'll be spawn raped by bandits? waaah ...

bandits will be borred soon enought to wait for minutes to kill an mostlyempty guy.

The nogun spawn was cool ..harder, forcing players to be smarter

NO , started playing 2 days ago . It was managable with the makarov , but now its hell for the new player

INDIFFERENT

I enjoy the gameplay that this change allows immediately after spawning. It's not impossible to survive, in fact it's very much the opposite. Yes, it does change player behavior and movement, I like this.

But, at the same time I liked spawning with the Makarov.

I could go either way, but I will say this, please make it so we don't spawn with the useless flashlight. I hate the flashlight so much I immediately drop my backpack when I respawn.

YES

I doubt the majority of people shoot unarmed' date=' it makes me want to help people who just spawned in

[/quote']

Got to say, my experience yesterday was somewhat different. Shot dead for a bandage and flashlight.

YES

I doubt the majority of people shoot unarmed' date=' it makes me want to help people who just spawned in

[/quote']

are you for real? have you even played this game? everyone kills everyone for no reason.

I just wanted to register and say that the changes to starting gear are pretty bad.

A makarov was hardly a guarantee of safety but gave players SOME opportunity to interact with the rest of the world. There's a big difference between making starting players feel vulnerable and making them feel completely powerless, and this change is on the wrong side of that divide.

Starting without food or drink is quite silly as well, as it means that anybody who logs on has to play until they find food or drink or they will pretty much definitely die after their next login.

These changes take a weak starting position (which was good) and increase the associated difficulties to the point of the game not being particularly fun or interesting until you've managed to find some loot - and the game should always be interesting, if not necessarily fun.

YES

Well, after some more practice now I managed to spawn, get some wood in a small building next to me, wandered off to a warehouse, found a knife, an axe, binoculars AND a flashlight there (Some RMD and AK Mags too) but then encountered a huge bulk of zombies because I was smart enough to throw a smoke grenade right next to me, I am such a genius! Well, right now I am on a crane and the zombies are my little groupies! :D

All in all I think it's fine to spawn without a gun and no, no bandits will spawnrape you right after joining, just get your bearings and take a hike. Even WITH a gun and some ammo I would play the same style because pulling the trigger means more problems right after, so for me there is no point in beeing armed right from start, I want adventure and that's how you get it!

It's even more realistic my friends, tell me, how much of you have a gun at home? All I got is a standard issue Colt .45 replica with blanks, only scaring of, wouldn't be really useful if a zombie apocalypse occured :P My only hope is my 3mm air-rifle, it would be even hard to hit an elephant with that thing :D

@Aragos: Well, gotta be carefull I guess, just try to avoid contact until you have a gun then.

I just wanted to register and say that the changes to starting gear are pretty bad.

A makarov was hardly a guarantee of safety but gave players SOME opportunity to interact with the rest of the world. There's a big difference between making starting players feel vulnerable and making them feel completely powerless' date=' and this change is on the wrong side of that divide.

Starting without food or drink is quite silly as well, as it means that anybody who logs on has to play until they find food or drink or they will pretty much definitely die after their next login.

These changes take a weak starting position (which was good) and increase the associated difficulties to the point of the game not being particularly fun or interesting until you've managed to find some loot - and the game should always be interesting, if not necessarily fun.

[/quote']

I got to admit, you have a point there, but as said before, if you get to a small town quickly it's not hard to find what you need and for the beginning there is NO, absolutely NO necessity to fight in any situation. Even WITH all those things players should not got out there and shoot at any sighting. Even with pretty good gear and supplies I wouldn't feel more powerfull, it's the point of view... you have less, you want more, you have nothing you need to find things and then you have less and again want more. You have more, you want even more and so on. The game now let's you start at zero and there is no end to this hunt for loot, even if you had some at the beginning.

For me the game is now even more challenging and I like that, but thats my point of view and I won't try on correcting you, I just state what I think :)

BUT there is something even I can't manage. With nothing at start Veteran servers are the shit, one hit by a zombie and you dont even have time to run away to stop the bleeding... Got to say spawn-items should be managed for every difficulty otherwise!

YES

[/quote']

are you for real? have you even played this game? everyone kills everyone for no reason.

Game has become even more shoot first, ask questions later. No one wants to start over with nothing. You cant take the risk of letting some go or seeing if they're friendly. This change has moved the game much closer to a CoD death match. If you see someone now, you shoot them or get shot end of story. If I wanted that kind of game play I would go play CoD.

Game has become even more shoot first' date=' ask questions later. No one wants to start over with nothing. You cant take the risk of letting some go or seeing if they're friendly. This change has moved the game much closer to a CoD death match. If you see someone now, you shoot them or get shot end of story. If I wanted that kind of game play I would go play CoD.

[/quote']

Please stop being one of the moronic people who thinks comparing day z to CoD is relevant or logical in any way. It makes no sense, has no impact, and you and everybody else who has ever said it are a failure for thinking it.

Everyone? Well, I don't. So you are wrong.

YES

This has made the xbow actually viable early on. Bolts being unretrievable sometimes is the only kicker. More bolts plz.

I think this might lead to a new exploit - version hopping.

what's to stop someone starting a game in 1.7 or earlier so they spawn with a makarov etc. then switching versions to 1.7.1 or later and keeping all their starting gear ?

YES.

I don't get all the complaining about it being too hard at all. Spawned 3 times, even with 1.7.1.0, so zed were respawning like hell and eagle-eyed , made it into towns like cherno and elektro without a weapon, found some basic stuff there and headed north. It gives you the feeling of vulnerability, which is just awesome. Now you actually have to go prone way more and try to evade the zombies rather than crouching unseen right in front of them. Also, its so much more rewarding now to find your first can of beans or you first weapon, even if its just a makarov.

Apart from that, I think it encourages cooperation rather than banditry. Had a aks and met a player without a gun. As he was no threat to me, it was save to meet up with him and I then proceeded to get him a revolver and some ammo.

All in all: Great feature, keep it! To the guys whining, go man up. Its a fucking zombie apocalypse. You NEED to be careful and dont have all the stuff you want from the beginnig.

(Today 09:59 PM)Gerbil Wrote: I just wanted to register and say that the changes to starting gear are pretty bad.

A makarov was hardly a guarantee of safety but gave players SOME opportunity to interact with the rest of the world. There's a big difference between making starting players feel vulnerable and making them feel completely powerless, and this change is on the wrong side of that divide.

QFT!

YES.

I don't get all the complaining about it being too hard at all. Spawned 3 times' date=' even with 1.7.1.0, so zed were respawning like hell and eagle-eyed , made it into towns like cherno and elektro without a weapon, found some basic stuff there and headed north. It gives you the feeling of vulnerability, which is just awesome. Now you actually have to go prone way more and try to evade the zombies rather than crouching unseen right in front of them. Also, its so much more rewarding now to find your first can of beans or you first weapon, even if its just a makarov.

Apart from that, I think it encourages cooperation rather than banditry. Had a aks and met a player without a gun. As he was no threat to me, it was save to meet up with him and I then proceeded to get him a revolver and some ammo.

All in all: Great feature, keep it! To the guys whining, go man up. Its a fucking zombie apocalypse. You NEED to be careful and dont have all the stuff you want from the beginnig.

[/quote']

That's my man! Exact same thoughts :) I was looking for a game, that challenges me to throw myself in the dust and thats what it got now :)

Yes

U simply walk up to them, put a bullet in their head, take bandage/painkillers.

rinse repeat

No...

Spent 4 hours being shot by people before I could find a decent gun and gtfo.

Yes and No

Realism good. No gun fine....but if I don't get a gun then give me a bat or a crowbar or an axe or a knife or something that in RL would actually be in every house that one uses to defend himself. I'm totally fine with not starting with a gun, but to remove it without having the most basic means of one defending himself (melee) available seems dumb and not very well thought out.

If that isn't possible (due to limitations of the engine) then it's not realistic...so to compensate i'll take a gun with minimal ammo.