rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

NOT YET

This is a gamechanger.

Losing aggro from Zeds is a gamechanger.

If you add both in the same patch, and the balance is lost, you won't know why.

NO

Especially after these changes are announced for the next patch:

* [NEW] Infected visibility increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected attack range increased (but limited by LOS)

* [NEW] Infected can cause greater damage when they hit you

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction' date=' not on body direction as before

This, plus the risk of being gunned down by retard PKs camping the coast would mean that you are just a defenseless moving target. It makes sense to leave the MK if the zombies are now harder to fight and evade (when sneaking up).

[/quote']

You're completely over reacting, just like a lot of people to "Bandits", the vast majority kill for the rush, or because people are running down the road with a flare. Without a weapon it forces new spawns to play more steathily. As well, I'd be far more inclined to assist a player who is weaponless. You give me 1 morphine and your pain killers, I'll guard you through the first town we hit on the coast. If you find a weapon, I'm gone, if you find nothing I'm still gone, but that first town I will guard you.

NO

* [NEW] Infected see based on eye direction' date=' not on body direction as before

This, plus the risk of being gunned down by retard PKs camping the coast would mean that you are just a defenseless moving target. It makes sense to leave the MK if the zombies are now harder to fight and evade (when sneaking up).

[/quote']

You are conveniently leaving out that you can hide from zombies, now.

I think the above are arguments for a YES vote, not a NO vote.

The game is supposed to be panic level dangerous. This would contribute.

NO

[/quote']

Why would you kill someone with NOTHING? Waste of ammo

Because people would do it for the fun of it, trust me. They do it all ready.

YES IF :-

Anyone who shoots a player with no gun losses all their weapons.

In not then

NO

Yes!

Makarov time-to-kill is under a second at short range.

PvP deaths are primarily "shoot him first".

It's alpha. Test concepts!

(22 words)

Shit Id say (sorry if has been mentioned already) You should spawn with nothing..

Yea I said it.. :P

Shit Id say (sorry if has been mentioned already) You should spawn with nothing..

Yea I said it.. :P

Agreed. INCLUDING NO PACK.

YES

But may be better to wait for hacker loopholes to close. It would be a better incentive to stay alive and not go Rambo.

No

Unless you add in some kind of melee attack.. the start pistol is pretty weak anyway and peopel get rid of it as soon as they can.. but without it i think it would be too annoying to try and find a weapon..

YES

However spawn campers will love it. Would be nice to be spawned randomly around the map. Would stop that.

NO

[/quote']

You're completely over reacting, just like a lot of people to "Bandits", the vast majority kill for the rush, or because people are running down the road with a flare. Without a weapon it forces new spawns to play more steathily. As well, I'd be far more inclined to assist a player who is weaponless. You give me 1 morphine and your pain killers, I'll guard you through the first town we hit on the coast. If you find a weapon, I'm gone, if you find nothing I'm still gone, but that first town I will guard you.

I'm not over-anything. I have been killed several times by idiot PKs that don't give a damn about my loot and I've been shot at many other times just for 'being' in a place, any place, not just Cherno or Elektro. You would be inclined to help? Good. Others don't and won't, that's the point of being a griefer.

YES

Discourages the "nothing to lose" style gameplay a lot of players(myself included) adopt at spawn.

NO

It would only make the game a little more slow-paced.

I mean, respawn, run to a building, get a weapon.

If you don't, well, you don't lose anything, just rinse and repeat.

You are conveniently leaving out that you can hide from zombies' date=' now.

I think the above are arguments for a YES vote, not a NO vote.

The game is supposed to be panic level dangerous. This would contribute.

[/quote']

You are proud to be ignorant of the fact of how hiding is actually going to work.

(hint: you don't. Neither do I).

Until we know how 'hiding' actually works (or if it even does), then let's not celebrate the feature.

NO

It really only adds frustration. Maybe lower the starting mag size, but not being able to defend yourself will make it incredibly hard at the beginning. The already steep learning curve in this game would become even steeper, but only for those who just spawned while those, being alive longer, only benefit from this.

I imagine players hunting newbs, running around them and killing them, because they can't defend themselves.

Maybe once banditry will carry some disadvantage and become less of a problem, this might work. Then you could have suvrivors helping out the newly spawned at the beach. But right now, with THIS amount of pvp, I don't think it would be reasonable to include this feature.

YES

Discourages the "nothing to lose" style gameplay a lot of players(myself included) adopt at spawn.

How would that discourage?

With that, you have even less stuff to lose...

With a pistol you could run and try to finish the 5 zombies after you.

Without one, you'll just let them kill you and respawn.

Will this turn off new players?

I know rocket wants to make people feel emotions.

Joy

Anger

Fear

Hope

Frustration

Elation

Does this change add or take away from those emotions?

That would be my answer.

NO

Spawn campers will now have a field day. No gun? Means staying at coast longer to FIND a gun before going North.. Therefore = more campers, and tons more people in towns than there already are. Sorry but NO. This mod already has so many frustrations in it from random crap, having spawn with no gun, be like taking the cake away.

NO

Spawn with Mak and 1 magazine (in the gun) nice middle ground. No gun = No fun. This is a game after all.