rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

YES

This is what Alpha state is for - trying out concepts and seeing what works. This will make the beginning stages even more intense.

YES

As long as it becomes possible to evade and hide from zombies that are aggroed, it's a great idea.

NO

I can't actually hide from zombies and they will chase me forever. I need another option.

Unless you want to encourage more players to disconnect.

Read thread THEN comment.

/edit maybe too rude, although it is mentioned in thread a few times. New patch will give option to hide from zombies.

>>>YES<<<

- Remove Weapon, Backpack & Morphine from start inv.

- Increase the Makarov dropchance in civilian buildings to slightly above the Revolver and 1911.

- Slight increase in morphine drop chance across civ buildings.

- To combat the killing of unarmed read my suggestions for the humanity system down below.

Possible Future additions:

Revamp The Sanity/Humanity System:

- It still slowly regenerates!

- Shooting unarmed survivors result in a humanity decrease, after 1 to 3( this is supposed to be random) murder of an unarmed you start hearing random footsteps or sound of someone sneaking up on you.

- somewhat rare hallucinations of players ( increases as humanity sinks, starts after 2-4 murders of unarmed )

- low humanity players burn though water and beans faster.

these effects can come when killing an armed foe, but at a much less chance.

- the effects are allways temporary, but can kick in if humanity drops even more.

- zombie killing adds a very small amount of humanity back!

Other suggestions:

- Increase the time of when you need food.

- Sprinting speed affected by food and water levels, but not by much.

(10-20% less perhaps?).

-When low on water and/or food (when its red), sprinting and crouch running can induce decolored vision and low chance of getting unconcious.

YES

We are just speculating in this thread what the results would be but we wont know for sure unless we try it out :)

NO

- Maybe adds some authenticity' date=' who has a handgun at home?

[/quote']

I do, I exercise my second amendment.

NO

I can't actually hide from zombies and they will chase me forever. I need another option.

Unless you want to encourage more players to disconnect.

Read thread THEN comment.

/edit maybe too rude' date=' although it is mentioned in thread a few times. New patch will give option to hide from zombies.

[/quote']

I'll believe it when it actually works.

NO

[/quote']

I do, I exercise my second amendment.

That only applies to the American constitution and most people don't live in America. The game does not take place in America either.

YES

+ve: close spawning players survivors less hostile.

-ve: bandits camping coasts will pwn.

NO

BECAUSE:

People with weapons WILL spawncamp.

Getting into anyone's LOS and Zombies aggro'd through desync mean certain death.

Yes, it will force people to use cans and shit to distract zombies. Also teamwork, one can run and bait the other can loot.

DIRECT CHAT NEEDS TO BE ENABLED THOUGH!

Yes for the sole reason that this is alpha. If after a week the desired result is not achieved roll back to a previous version and try to figure out a new solution.

NO

Makes new players too easy of a target for bandits and thrill-killers.

YES

I would like to see how this turns out, just to try it out. eliminates beanwars from the start, people will be more careful at the starting point. I can't imagine the adrenaline of encountering/agro zombies after fresh spawn and getting away from them succesfully. Adds immersion and another level of intensity in the game. If you see another player you will be more weary of the encounter instead of immediate stalk mode engaged.

YES

As I'm reading through this topic I'm thinking about something else - spawn kits. It would be interesting idea if there were differences in players' starting gear. From the top of my head I could suggest few:

1. Makarov, 1 clip, 1 bandage

2. Compass, map, 1 bandage

3. Hatchet, matches, knife, 1 bandage

4. Backpack, Road flare, 1 bandage

5. 2x Beans, water bottle, 1 bandage

6. Painkillers, Morphine, 2x bandage

etc.

The kits should be balanced. I think it would be exciting to find out what you're starting with.

Why bandage? Because first hit usually means bleeding, without it would be too hard.

YES

We shall see a lul in the beanwars... Maybe. I'm all for making the game more hardcore!

YES

I think a new element like this might be fun to try out, that's what alpha is for right?

To argue one point though

[/quote']

I have 2(One of them fires a .410 shotgun shell if you change out the barrel), I also have 4 high powered hunting rifles, 3 varmint rifles (.22), 6 shotguns of varying gauge, and a few other speciality weapons (muzzleloader, I think I have an old bow somewhere...). Most of my neighbors also possess similar arsenals. Rural america :)

I like this idea if you change up some of the spawn points, add some new ones a little further inland to avoid spawn campers and possibly remove some that are easy to spawn camp.

To counter the "nay" voters who say spawnkillers will reign:

Add spawn protection to prevent spawnkilling, maybe for a minute or so (against other players, not against zombies). As other respawned players don't have a weapon either this would only counter spawnkillers and give newly spawned players a chance.

While you are at it' date=' remove backpack too. Makes finding vest pouch meaningful.

[/quote']

I agree with this too. I accidentally lost my backpack last week (not through swimming, a bug) and ran around trying to find another one. Made me rethink my whole list of priorities and I actually had fun trying to hunt one down. Eventually found a dead survivor who I thought wouldn't mind me taking his.

YES, less bandits shooting unarmed people, will add more roleplay and teamwork