rocket

20 words or less: Spawning without a weapon

- Maybe adds some authenticity' date=' who has a handgun at home?

[/quote']

I have five. Can I spawn with what I have available in my house? Would ruin the game, if true.

The majority of people do not have guns at home, that is what he is getting at.

The majority die. That was the fallacy, saying well on average this and that is wrong because the person who we play on the beach is not average or in the majority.

No, this isn't hardcore, this is a shit, because this isn't a survival game, this is a MOD of a SHOOTER, and you can defend yourself, you need enter in a build to get a weapon but if a zombie watch you, you are dead, this isn´t funny, before it was a lot

No' date=' this isn't hardcore, this is a shit, because this isn't a survival game, this is a MOD of a SHOOTER, and you can defend yourself, you need enter in a build to get a weapon but if a zombie watch you, you are dead, this isn´t funny, before it was a lot

[/quote']

wat

No' date=' this isn't hardcore, this is a shit, because this isn't a survival game, this is a MOD of a SHOOTER, and you can defend yourself, you need enter in a build to get a weapon but if a zombie watch you, you are dead, this isn´t funny, before it was a lot

[/quote']

No, it is definitely a survival game. You might want to check your sources again.

It adds tons of tension, promotes teamwork, and no reason to kill new spawns for a bandage, painkillers and torch.

It adds tons of tension' date=' promotes teamwork, and no reason to kill new spawns for a bandage, painkillers and torch.

[/quote']

I don't think anyone ever killed newly spawned players for their loot because it was always pretty worthless, I think it was just to cause grief nothing else, and the latest patches haven't really done anything to address that it's only made new spawners even more vulnerable. :P

[/quote']

No, it is definitely a survival game. You might want to check your sources again.

For the moment, is a mod, a very good and funny mod, but i bought Arma 2 Combined Operations and downloaded the mod, not bought a game called Day Z

Sorry for my Bad English :s

[/quote']

For the moment, is a mod, a very good and funny mod, but i bought Arma 2 Combined Operations and downloaded the mod, not bought a game called Day Z

Sorry for my Bad English :s

It's not just a mod though is it, it's what's called a total conversion and it doesn't have to bear any resemblance to the original game whatsoever. The main reason DayZ was made for ArmA 2 is because it has the only engine capable of producing this type of gameplay.

Vanilla ArmA 2 hasn't actually gone anywhere if you want to play it you still can.

I was sceptical at first, but holy shit I love spawning with nothing! So much tension

YES!

I don't care if I can't kill zombies from the start, as long as there is a decent chance I will find a weapon, I am happy with having to stealth until I do. Maybe basic pistol spawns should be increased if they aren't already.

NO

Spawn with zombies attacking, no defense, d-bags shooting defenseless players, cant kill zombies that are in building guarding the guns.

I have several handguns at home.

Hear me out...

It's one of the most intriguing suggestions I've seen. I considered it right at the start of the project. With the new zombie line-of-sight calculations and the ability to loose them' date=' this might actually work

PRO:

- People spawning in can't quickly get into griefing

- Recovering your old loot becomes difficult and risky

- Add's a whole new element and gameplay at the start

- Maybe adds some authenticity, who has a handgun at home?

CON:

- It's [i']fucking annoying having to sneak and run around to find a gun (believe me, I just tried it)

- You can spawn many times before you actually have a life that finds a weapon

- Hackers, for the moment, will reveille in this change until their loopholes are closed

In twenty words or less, formatted with YES or NO in caps the line above, say your thoughts on trying this out

For the sake of efficiency, I will delete all posts that don't follow the above exactly, or don't add anything to the argument. It's not a poll, its a discussion. If you don't have anything to ADD then please don't post.

NO

The barrier of entry is placed to high for new players, causing most to turn away after not getting the hang of it after 20+ deaths.

As a side note:

A friend of mine just bought the game after listening to me talk about it non-stop for the past month. His initial experience with it was awful due to this change just going in. He died four times, never once reaching a gun as I made my way halfway across the map to reach him. We already need to run around the map to meet up, why try to make fresh spawning more irritating?

I'm not saying dying should be rewarded, but having a pistol, some food and basic medical supplies takes some of the frustration away from losing all the sweet gear you just spent hours collecting.

I really hope you revert this change.

NO

I want to like it but I'm pretty much quitting DayZ right now cause I just can't deal with the change. I played all day trying to enjoy myself but ended up dying within 10 minutes everytime I grabbed a weapon.

I mean if I died before I could revive and have a somewhat enjoyable time. Since it's not the end of the world, but dying now is just that much more stressful since your fucked, literally cause I get shot all the time just walking. Why? I don't know they can loot me and see that ALL I have is tin cans.

TIL; Tin cans are now the greatest tool in the game.

YES

Try it' date=' see how it works I would say.

There is another CON

-You are more vulnirble to those who already have a weapon and a bad state of mind, bandits I mean, you will become easy target for them :)

[/quote']

not if you dont have anything on you there is no monetary gain besides just killing to kill and most people dont do that

NO

One clip, the makarov is already a pretty crap gun, but if you're unlucky it'll be the ONLY gun you have for a very long duration. Ammo for all guns needs to be severely toned down.

I find a gun and after a day of survival I will have so much ammo I wont know what to do. Ammo should be just as valuable as food and water. Right now? It's worth little more than bandages.

No.

Adding in a bit late but I have played it now and it's not a game, it's frustration.

Does no one know how to get away from zombies or stealth? All of these people are having such trouble and constantly dieing. I'm just not running into the same problems and I did not have weapons/gear before the patch came live.

I really hope he doesn't give in and give weapons back. Melee weapons eventually would be great.. I don't want to start with a gun.

Arse puckeringly terrifying, adrenaline provoking, excitement inducing bliss...

YES

I tried it today and did not die a single time cause I had no self defence. Just be cautious and wait for the right place to check for weapons and you'll find one. Plus it adds even more "I am vulnerable"-feeling, which is great.

No

It removes the ability to defend yourself against griefers... that's probably the biggest con. It makes griefing people much easier.