zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

I like this idea. I t would also give another objective for people. It is also a very big target, and doesnt sport guns, so that would even out.

YES!

But there should be assured that everyone could jump out of plane with parachute. Team airdrops to dangerous locations will be hilarious!

As suggested before, if this was added in a later patch (seeing as this hasn't gotten a negative reply yet, highly likely), I think having a parachute item come with it would be cool.

It goes inside your backpack and takes up 5 slots. When you use the "eject" option while inside an aircraft, it will deploy and you will sail safely to the ground. Having 5 of these spawn inside a Colt and 3 in a Huey, as well as a very rare chance of finding one in a hangar, would be sufficient.

I gotta say, after playing around with these in the armory, 1st person only servers are going to be hell for pilots without TrackIR. The nose cowling is so big you can't see what is in front of you, and you sit very low in the seat. Maybe having the view raised would be nice?

Not sure how balanced a parachute would be, but I'd like to see one of these in game even if the only way to get out was to land it. Maybe even more so in that case.

I really like the idea but... the settings, let me just modify them

Parts for Repair:

3x Engine Parts

6x Scrap Metal

20x Jerry Can

3x Windshield

Spawn Locations:

NE Airfield (none)

NW Airfield (extreme rare)

Balota Airfield (none)

Various Large Fields (none)

Seats: 12

Item Slots: 90

Noise: Very Loud

Top Speed: 240kph

Stall Speed: 60kph

Tank Capacity: 500L

Gas Consumption: 3 Hours (from full)

Rarity: 1 per server

The Huey has 2 weapons, 5 spawn locations, rarity of 3 per server, and is easier to use. Why would the An-2 only have 1 spawn location with a <1% chance to spawn? Considering the difficulty of building, maintaining, and flying it, I think 3 per server is more than fair enough.

• Like 1

Considering the plane cannot be damaged/repaired like the Huey (as pointed out before), It's probably gonna spawn completely intact. However, I believe the fuel can be altered so it could still require some team effort to fuel it up.

Having 3 airfields on the map is reason enough to have at least spawn one an-2. It's fun to fly, however I don't even think paradrops are a necessity. Landing in fields is possible and opens up lots of possibilities. Heck, I would probably start an airline service, flying from one airfield to another. Boarding at own risk ofc :D

Wow this is an amazing idea/pitch. Also, the idea of parachutes I think is something that's long overdue, have them spawn mostly near the airfields and be rare at that. But the idea of bandit or survivor air drops I think is hilariously epic and would kill to see it.

I have to agree with the edit of what gear it takes to repair the AN-2 (One windshield I felt was not enough, even 3 I feel is a bit shallow. I'd honestly call for 5...look at all the mini windows).

Don't forget, once we bring stability back to the land we can use it as a crop duster to establish a solid economy!

all i can imagine is someone using this to suicide kill a chopper.

Not sure if you have flown the an-2 ingame yet, but they are actually quite slow. The huey is not the most agile chopper but you can certainly evade a collision. Besides I don't think that when you find an aircraft, get it in flying shape, manage to take off, the first thing that comes to mind is to ram the first chopper you spot xD.

all i can imagine is someone using this to suicide kill a chopper.

Not sure if you have flown the an-2 ingame yet' date=' but they are actually quite slow. The huey is not the most agile chopper but you can certainly evade a collision. Besides I don't think that when you find an aircraft, get it in flying shape, manage to take off, the first thing that comes to mind is to ram the first chopper you spot xD.

[/quote']

However, eventually, somebody will do it, and it will be awesome. I hope someone posts it on Youtube.

With all the farms around, i have to imagine someone would have a crop-duster in the area. A 1-4 man airplane with no integrated weapons would be quite fun in DayZ.

Oh snap, plane would be pretty annoying if ready sitting there. If we had to repair it I would love this.

Having a light aircraft to fly around in? Sounds fantastic. Even with the lack of repairs I'm sure an obscene fuel requirement would be good enough.

May I suggest changing the thread title (if possible) to something that shows this thread is about adding a plane. Some people might not know what an an-2 colt is. By doing so this thread may get the attention it deserves.

I'm gonna go ahead and shamelessly bump up this thread because of the shear awesomeness involved in flying this godly biplane :D

As an added benefit of no engine damage models etc it might not even impact server performance as much as the huey does. All the more reason to put it in.

LOVE this idea. I would LOVE to see a plane flying over head while I'm running through fields. POSSIBLY give the option to "Drop" items as "Supply Drops" lmfao jk, or am I?

But seriously though. This is a great idea and would actually make use of Airstrips.

Imagine the look on new players faces when they run to Balota only to hear and see a plane landing... haha.

I really want an airplane in DayZ now :D

LOVE this idea. I would LOVE to see a plane flying over head while I'm running through fields. POSSIBLY give the option to "Drop" items as "Supply Drops" lmfao jk' date=' or am I?

But seriously though. This is a great idea and would actually make use of Airstrips.

Imagine the look on new players faces when they run to Balota only to hear and see a plane landing... haha.

[/quote']

Airplanes can already drop ammo boxes, it would be cool if you could fill of an ammo box with loot and load it into the plane, so players could maybe do supply drops on the coast to help out the noobs.

I really want an airplane in DayZ now :D

LOVE this idea. I would LOVE to see a plane flying over head while I'm running through fields. POSSIBLY give the option to "Drop" items as "Supply Drops" lmfao jk' date=' or am I?

[/quote']

Airplanes can already drop ammo boxes, it would be cool if you could fill of an ammo box with loot and load it into the plane, so players could maybe do supply drops on the coast to help out the noobs.

As a believer in karma, I am totally down for a Care Package service!

As previously mentioned, I have changed the title of the thread so people know what a Colt is.