zak757

An-2 Colt (Large Biplane)

Bump from bottom of a 50 long page.

Too good to be forgotten.

And i second the Ammo&Supplies drop service!

This plane would cross the entire map in under 5 minutes. Diagonally this would take less than 5.5 minutes. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, I'm just saying fast travel like that is going to have some unforeseen consequences.

Change NE and NW spawn rates around. NW should be common because its more of a high risk zone.

+1 one, great suggestion, I really hope it make it ingame.

This plane would cross the entire map in under 5 minutes. Diagonally this would take less than 5.5 minutes. I'm not saying this is a bad thing' date=' I'm just saying fast travel like that is going to have some unforeseen consequences.

[/quote']

Although I do not have exact numbers, I think it's more than 5 min. And even if that is correct the Huey is only somewhat slower and is still in the game. Adding to that the Huey can land almost everywhere, is easier to land and has guns.

I'm not attacking you or anything but the unforeseen consequences you talk about are already present.

I'd love to see An-2 in this game and maybe even fly it sometime. I've actually flown in it in the real life as a passenger and parachuted from it on multiple occasions.

A problem that I foresee with this is that people with various degrees of sniper rifles will camp the airfields even more since its pretty much the only place you can land. So picture this, assuming we have to repair a plane, you go through all the work, land it in Balota airfield, and while your coming to a stop, POW right through the windshield and you have now lost your plane....

Don't get me wrong I love you idea (see the first post on this thread) I'm just saying that this would most likely happen.

It's incredibly easy to land this plane in any field even not flat ones, and with the flaps down you can take off at about 55kmh, so the camping problem could be offset by using the brain and not landing where people expect it. Just try it on the editor, you'll see how easy it is to fly ( a bit too much ).

A problem that I foresee with this is that people with various degrees of sniper rifles will camp the airfields even more since its pretty much the only place you can land. So picture this' date=' assuming we have to repair a plane, you go through all the work, land it in Balota airfield, and while your coming to a stop, POW right through the windshield and you have now lost your plane....

[/quote']

It might happen once or twice, I don't think it is a bad thing.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a drawback: it's just one of the risks.

Overall, the uses would be kinda minimal: Recon, suicide, or flying between airfields for a laugh.

A problem that I foresee with this is that people with various degrees of sniper rifles will camp the airfields even more since its pretty much the only place you can land. So picture this' date=' assuming we have to repair a plane, you go through all the work, land it in Balota airfield, and while your coming to a stop, POW right through the windshield and you have now lost your plane....

[/quote']

It might happen once or twice, I don't think it is a bad thing.

It just means that we will need to use teamwork and set up guards around the building area.

yup, 5 *

definatly would like to see this in dayz, would be fucking mint to see one flying, but also would be fucking epic to see one crash xD

Don't get me wrong I love you idea (see the first post on this thread) I'm just saying that this would most likely happen.

[/quote']

Some of you might want to try flying it. With its low stall and take off speed it can be landed in and taken off from any field with at least 500 meters of space. Less for those really stelar pilots. YMMV

I'd love to see this in-game. I would risk everything to try and be a passenger on one of these.

Parachutes would be a cool addition as well, but it should replace your backpack so people are at a disadvantage while doing it.

I would like this in the game.... Chernarus has alot of barns and farmlands...

So make tractors/AN-2 Colts a little more common.... We shouldn"t be able to find these at Airfields... Why???? I just don't think the Chernarus Military"s bomber is the AN-2 Colt........

You should only be able to find these at fields near barns... I"m sure Chernarus"s population of 3,300,000 people would have 5 of these planes at least.

Rarity 3-10 per server.

Parachutes would be a cool addition as well' date=' but it should replace your backpack so people are at a disadvantage while doing it.[/quote']

+1

Agreed about not spawning them at the air fields.

+1

I would like this in the game.... Chernarus has alot of barns and farmlands...

So make tractors/AN-2 Colts a little more common.... We shouldn"t be able to find these at Airfields... Why???? I just don't think the Chernarus Military"s bomber is the AN-2 Colt........

You should only be able to find these at fields near barns... I"m sure Chernarus"s population of 3' date='300,000 people would have 5 of these planes at least.

[/quote']

1. The airfields in Chernarus are not military airfields, they were simply all that was available during the invasion and were used by the USAF/RuAF.

2. For poorer militaries like the Chernarus AF, the An-2 would make a decent aircraft for tactical airlift.

I say, why not both? Also, Takistan is right next door to Chernaurus, and some An-2 liveries are for TakiAir. Maybe these planes can be guarded by Taki zombies with turbans and robes?

1. The airfields in Chernarus are not military airfields' date=' they were simply all that was available during the invasion and were used by the USAF/RuAF.

2. For poorer militaries like the Chernarus AF, the An-2 would make a decent aircraft for tactical airlift.

[/quote']

That's true, but it still shouldn't spawn on the air field. Just for the sake of game play. People already go to all the airfields, let's get some of that traffic elsewhere.