xav (DayZ)

ITT : Post your best gear yet

Lol at people who think you can't be banned for simply carrying hacked weapons that you didn't spawn in.

I'll look forward to your QQ thread in a week or so.

You will not get banned for carrying a hacked in weapon.

:facepalm:

I love all the boasting and flaming for boasting.

I could pick up a pile of rocket-firing revolvers and wouldn't know or give a FUCK because I can't be bothered to study and memorize what is officially part of the game or not.

My best weapon setup which I JUST LOST, because DayZ keeps resetting my character whenever I try to access the server I saved my tents on is:

Mk.48 MOD 0, 8 200-round mags, 2 kept on my person, the rest stored in the tent.

FN FAL AN/PVS-4 in backpack, 1 mag in inventory.

M107 in backpack, 1 mag in inventory.

All of those were such beautiful guns... And I lost them to a glitch..... :(

I never even got to fire the FN FAL.

I've found a night sight fn Fal in a truck, had a few ghillie suits a PDW. Found a few DMRs and had a thermal gun once (killed a sniper for it, think he was stalking me). I don't have anything atm until I gear up, although as far as zombie bashing goes I think an axe is the best and most useful tool for the job. Best weapon in the game, I think.

• Like 1

I think I've had every weapon in the game at some point or at least seen it lying about. Last night i ignored the fn fal with scope at a crash site, didn't see the point in it. As for items again I've had them all at one time or another. Only thing I've never seen or found are mountain dew and satchel charges oh and the rocket launcher.

After a nice 20 day life, I had a ghillie suit and an m40a3, basically a ghillied m24, a mk48 in my backpack. Scorpion smg from some script kiddie.

All gear including radio, and 7 cans of mountain dew in my pack.

This this has to be the best rifle Ive used so far, I did had a M24 which I did rather enjoy, and a M16 GL (was useful at night, I just kept popping flares and silly people kept getting attracted to it.

But I will say the M14 is a pretty awesome gun. Alot of my ammo I got for the M14 can use m24 mags so that helped alot.

As for the PDW, I love the thing, the fact i can use any mag i find makes it ideal, alot of the time ill drop my prim rifle and just use the pdw as i normally come across alot of m9/g17/mp5 mags which i can use for it

arma2oa2012-09-1316-03-44-612.png

Best gear I've ever had? Killed a bandit once and got M4A3 CCO, NVG and DMR plus many tools etc

I've also found a few Bizons and PDW's in my time and one MP5SD6.

At the moment I have 2 Ghillies :D DMR, Bizon, M1911 (not the rarest secondary but by far the best imo)

as far as zombie bashing goes I think an axe is the best and most useful tool for the job. Best weapon in the game, I think.

True!

Also, I have killed only two guys: One with an axe, the other one with a Winchester.

Been murdered twice: first time I don't know what hit me (some automatic weapon), second time with a 2-barrelled shotgun point blank in a barn.

Edited by Fabik

I was suprised with my character, It now says Day2 when i log in. Never happened before.

Although My kit has gotten considerbly better now, I have a DMR NVG and a M4A3 CCO SD, spent hours hanging about the NW Airfield finally got a set of NVGs, knowing my luck ill get killed soon.

Next on my list is to get a car for my camp and it will be complete, well maybe aim for a chopper after, i actually played the arma missions and i got rather good at flying choppers now. I can even land smooth with out the use of auto hover, go me.

Recently died due to hacker, at the time I was kitted with;

Coyote backpack, NVG, Rangefinder, GPS, Ghilli, FN Fal with 5 mags, M9SD with 4 mags, DMR with 3 mags and all the survival tools.

I was a bit pissed at the time as my character was on about day 30 or there abouts. Nothing you can do about it, just suck it up and gear up again. I've been pretty lucky with hackers as I only been killed 3 or 4 times by them in 3 months of playing the mod.

L85A + M107. M107 didn't have any rounds and I didn't know the L85A had a thermal scope, just thought it was NV only. One bad spawn in Cherno and I lost the lot. Never even fired them, let alone in anger. Lol

I've been pretty lucky with hackers as I only been killed 3 or 4 times by them in 3 months of playing the mod.

Wow, been killed more times than that in the first four days of playing!

my best find so far has been out of two tents in devils castle. They were fully loaded with weps, ammo, medical supplies, food etc. Being the nice guy I am, i only took what i wanted, and could fit in my pack. The idea of taking everything and dumping it in the woods did cross my mind however. The place was deserted, so i had all the time in the world to search through their goodies. I took an m4a1 with plenty of ammo, and a m16/m203, 1911 (upgraded from the mak i was carrying :-/), morphine, and various other survival gear. There was also a glitched standing dead body that had apparently fallen to their death off the stairs in the tower that generously contributed 3 pieces of already cooked meat to my blood pool.

Nice job dude, you found a hackers stash. -.-

My best gear.

- M107

- Rangefinders

- M240

- G17

- Ghillie suit

ive been beginning to find G17 ammo everywhere but not the gun, must be a golden chalice find?

I've had various amounts of good gear. Here's some..

- M107

- M14 (As primary)

- M9SD

- NV's

- Binocs

- Ghille

- M4A1 CCO

- DMR

- Camo Clothing

- Coyote Backpack

- FN FAL NV in Heli (Swap out my M4 for that during night time(

- NV's

- DMR

- MP5SD6

- Ghille

- M9SD

- Camo Clothing

- M4A1 CCO SD

- M9SD

- NV's

All of these are pretty recent, I usually have 2-4 severs that I'm active on. Some by myself, some in a group.

Found an AS50, M107, FAL and NVGs at the same crashed heli site once, that was pretty good. Best legit setup I've had (i.e. weapons not obviously hacked in/finding vehicles with spawned-in weapons) would be AS50 and FAL.

Yes, Yes he is. But he cant be banned its just a moral choice of do you take hacked weps....

Wrong its not a moral choice. Ive been playing for a week and i know that that golden revolver is hacked and that hackers have ammo boxes. So he knew. Plus if you take hacked weapons you can be banned and it is considered hacking. If your not part o f the solution to hacking your part of the problem. So dont going around stating that its ok, when the rest of the community is aggravated by this and your promoting it. Plus if I got a kill off a hacked weapon It wouldnt feel as great as earning my kill instead of getting it handed to me by hacker.

ive been beginning to find G17 ammo everywhere but not the gun, must be a golden chalice find?

I find them pretty commonly actually.

At one point, I had a Mk.48 MOD 0 and M107 in my backpack with a FN FAL AN/PVS-4 as my primary and PDW as my secondary. I actually STILL have this setup if it weren't for the fact the server with my tent didn't lock itself up due to something with the 1.7.2.6 servers not working with 1.7.3 out.