rocket

IF this was an actual game...

My favourite payment model would be:

- Arma3 one-time purchase includes: ArmA3 and DayZ (2in1) for 35-55$

- Maybe DLCs (new maps/worlds) for DayZ

dont know too much about kickstarter.

community and studio servers.

(subscription-based would ruin this game imo, same with pay2win obviously)

I would prefer to purchase the game. Not a fan of monthly subscriptions and such. And buying my weapons and what not... I don't see how that would or could apply to Dayz.

Game purchase only (Hate free-to-play model more than life itself)

Studio developed

Kickstarter

I would go for a one time buy around the 10-20$"USD" area and you could have custom skins for the survivors and weapons in a mini shop.

- Community developed or studio developed? - Studio to much ideas from fans can derail you from the original concept.

- Community or studio servers? or both? - Both

- Kickstarter? or not? - Yes, It would only help the game i feel.

Edited by Kovah

Aslong as you it's single payment for the game, none of that free to play pay to win, monthly sub shit, I'm not really bothered.

If you do go F2P/P2W or subscription, I will kill myself.

No but seriously I will get mad as fuck.

Alpha = Kickstarter

Supporter of the Kickstart, who paid a minimum of X $/€, recieve a lifetime access of the game (and a perma item like a leatherman)... but also still free to play.

Beta = a budget price of the retail game incl. lifetime access of the game (and a fancy Skin).

Final = normal retail price incl. lifetime access of the game, not free to play anymore.

Full Studio developed, but dont ignore the mob.

Server = Both, but just a few studio servers spreaded around the world to reduce the costs of maintenance and stuff

Please dont make it ever F2P... No need useless Hats or cosmetics... or shiny blingbling weapons for money. No need monthly fees.

One time game purchase. Please no Free to play it will literally ruin this game, F2P games are always terrible because of the gear you can buy for real money.

Studio made but i would like to see some of this community as beta testers so we can have input in development.

Servers hosted by Studio and Community servers with rules enforced like they are now.

I would pay anywhere from $20-$50 for a stand alone DayZ game.

Also like i mentioned before it would be nice to see those of us who have been playing the alpha included in the beta if possible.

I would be seriously disappointed, Zombies on my account anyway are 1 shot kills..I would like to see them toned down a little...I can not even stand off 1v1 if I dont have range..I get 1 shot broken neck, or 1 shot knocked out with a bleed, and eaten alive.....?? I always have to run if aggroed zombies

. stand alone game = FAIL

1. I'd be happy with game purchase only, but if it was a monthly subscription(Say maybe $10) I'd happily pay it. I don't support free to play/pay to win type models what so ever.

2, Studio development. When it gets down to the wire, I'd want the studio to work as hard as possible to create a stable release scenario.

3. Kickstarter for sure. I think a lot of people in this community would not pitching a little money your way to help the development process.

4, Both studio and community servers, as it is now. So we can purchase and host our own dedicated servers, and also kick/ban people as we deem necessary.

Good luck Dean.

Game Purchase Only with the option to purchase cosmetic items.

Studio developed as long as it takes into consideration community suggestions that work with the premise of the gamed Servers run by both community and studio, but there must be universal enforced set up.

Yes to Kickstarter.

Shit is gettin serious.

If this was made as a stand alone game, or as part of some particular existing game, what kind of consumer model would you want to play it on?

How would you rather pay for it?

- Game purchase with Monthly fee? (WoW stylez)

If the price was small, sure. Maybe $20.00-$30.00 and $10.00/month
- Game purchase only? (Guild Wars stylez)
Preferred method, but I can understand if there needs to be recurring income
- Free to play, buy your shit?
Only if it's fluff shit, pay-to-win is lame, wouldn't be interested.
- Something else?
2nd most preferred method. Up front cost ($40.00-$50.00) and a store to get fluff items, skins, etc. Maybe $10.00 one-time-fee you get to pick your spawn location if you die? Little shit like that that can't be considered "pay-to-win". Buying convenience is fine, power is not.
Also:

- Community developed or studio developed?

Depends on the studio
- Community or studio servers? or both?
Depends on the pricing model. Monthly fee=you pay for servers, no monthly fee=I'll pay for my own.
- Kickstarter? or not?
no, if you can't line up private investors with your user base, get a business manager to handle that.
Please try and stick to short sentences, its much easier for me to get broad feedback.

Game Purchase Only: I would gladly pay a higher amount (50 or 60) dollars for the game, but I do not think that I should be able to buy my self the best equipment in the game. Allowing others to also makes it unbalanced.

Studio Developed WITH the possibility for community ADDONS: This being said as we all know mods really extend the life of a game far beyond that the developer could do alone so it is important to have the ability to mod and add elements to the game. Look at the suggestion board there is much that could be added but adding it all you make group a mad, adding to little you make group b mad, so allow the player to choose what additional content they want.

Studio and Community Servers: Again as with the modding, there needs to be a place to play the mods, as well as I believe in private servers, but because of this it can also be hard to find a good public vanilla server. I would get rid of the hive as far as community servers are concerned but keep it for the official studio servers.

Kickstarter: Yes, kick starter could only help but maybe for players who donate during a kickstart period get some sort of bonus, not something in game to give them an advantage but possibly discounted or early access to possible dlc, or maybe a small map (comparable to Utes) that could only be played by these members.

This game regardless of its current condition is keeping the PC Gamer community alive!!!!

One off payment for the game.

Community run servers.

Pay for skin packs DLCs.

End off!!!!

Fuck the console generation and fuck sell out games companys.

I'd like to see an initial purchase of $40-50 and that buys you a year of a subscription. Then a low yearly subscription fee of say $15-20 after that.

Community input but up to the Devs.

Community and Dev servers

Not sure about the Kick start though.

But what do I know?

One time purchase like GW sound good

Secure servers with no duping and other hax, Dont care who does them dev or community, Just be secure....

Kickstart is cool i kind of like http://www.indiegogo.com/ more :P

Hang in there keep up the good work.

PS if this goes how you want AKA underground building ect ect, you will have in my eyes the kind of game ive always wanted, The only broken game that was close was SWG... i miss so much of what that game had and would have been, I love sand box, but same box with almost no limits!!

• Like 1

Game purchase or Monthly Fee.

Studio Developed.

Studio Servers or controlled community servers like you have now.

Don't do free to play. Don't do community rubbish.

STICK with your original vision of the 'game'. Be very cautious of altering to what the loud minority of the forum-goers are saying.

Game purchase only.

Studio developed but it would be great if the suggestions from the community will be involved.

Community servers would be better.

I'm happy for you that it's getting standalone!

You deserved it!

Game Purchase only.

Studio Developed.

Kickstarter.

F2P, Pay 2 Win. This would destroy the game instantly.

Studio developed, go all out on quality.

Kickstarter, more cash, bigger budget, better game.

I would prefer:

Buy to play ala GW2 (even including a cash shop for cosmetic items)

however I would be willing to pay a monthly fee for:

Studio servers.

- for protection against hacking

Studio or community development? Both. Studio development with community input/collaboration.

Edited by EliJRn

Honestly, the best move would be to make it a standalone DLC for Arma 3.

*Allows you to: use features and maps of Arma 3 for the mod

*Stir up more interest to the base game

*Since many of us are already on the fence for buying Arma 3, it would just give us another reason to get the base game :D

*Since it would be standalone, it would deter cheaters from using restricted content

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease? :P