rocket

IF this was an actual game...

Game purchase, studio developed but listen to community suggestions that are not about too heavy mechanics... and YES, kickstarter is a must!

Game purchase only

- I would purchase a standalone game.

Game purchase with Monthly fee?

- This will be a tougher sell, but obviously the fee would be justified in some way. If we're paying to make the game better, for continuous development, additional content... I would pay it if I thought it was worth it but expectations would be higher.

Game purchase only - free massive multiplayer with ability to buy things to support hosting fees.

Community developed AND studio developed hybrid.

Community and studio servers synced with main Studio servers.

Kickstarter absolutely.

I'd pay $1 per respawn. Not kidding. That assumes there is no lag and little to no glitch / bug deaths.

I would pay a subscription fee only if the game world was made to come alive via regular events (e.g. military raids), side missions and other new features by the devs. I would also expect periodic new content like maps, vehicles, weapons, characters.

I think the problem with subscriptions is the customer has to really feel they are getting a lot back regularly, putting constant pressure to innovate on the devs. However, if this would secure the future of DayZ I would pay, no question.

i would prefer game purchase only...

and server owner can set up servers just like now.

well ,feel free to make a kickstart, i bought arma2:co just for DayZ like a month ago

Please try and find a way to make it economically viable as a one off purchase.

Do what you feel is best. Artists shouldn't make art for there fans, you should trust yourself and let the fans follow who they like (as they will anyway). You are the one truly loyal to this and as such, go with your gut on all decisions.

in sum:

Game purchase only

Studio

Kickstarter - yes

PS. buying weapons, skins anything substantial, would damage this game. I'd be up for buying physical merchandise or paying premium price for a limited edition box though.

Game purchase - One off fee to buy the game out right.

Patches for said game must be free, i.e. fixing bugs, balancing weapons / damage, textures...etc...

DLCs - I'll happily buy DLCs for new content / areas of the map / vehicles / weapons / equipment, etc...

I won't support:

- Monthly fees

- Pay to Win

- In game micro transaction

One off fee for sure. However, maybe add player and weapon skins under micro-transactions,(Think TF2 just after the Mann co store was released). Obviously no pay to win options though.

EDIT: DayZ would be excellent for tournament style play imo, pay to enter tourny's with a reasonable winning payout would be sweet, and would give the game more media attention.

Studio developed for sure, but stay open to suggestions and community made content that could be considered.

Community servers tend to be better for most games, I've found. I'm not sure how technical the current setup is, but the hive database server system is brilliant.

DO A KICKSTARTER!!!

I'll put my left nut on a kickstarter for DayZ going ridiculously well, the mod has been noticed by loads of game media.

Long live DayZ!

rocket, as you should, and may already know is that it's not about what the customer wants.. It's how much you can get away with.. It's always been like that.

If you want to develop a game and maintain mad respect from your players then you would surely be one of VERY few developers to do that.

My preferences to your question:

Game purchase only.

Studio with heavy community influence.

Studio servers.

Kickstarter.

Kickstarter would blow the roof off this project. You would be swimming in money. I don't know ANYONE who has tried this game and not be willing to pay as much as they possibly could to keep playing it.

At least I think so.

I'd pay monthly if it would guarantee a dedicated and unified server infrastructure (and exclusion of the horrible Gamespy server browser) without any clan/private hosted servers. Else wise game game client only.

- Studio / Team developed

- Studio servers only with payment, Studio/Community mixed with client only.

- Against Kickstarter

i don't think monthly fee is necessary, cuz we can donate for the community owned server ourselves. just like people donate for any game servers.

Game purchase only, no way to buy items with real money.

Personally, a one-time purchase would be my favored method, along with Kickstarter as the... well.. kickstarter. My second preferred would be Free To Play with buyable items, but I really worry about how that could go. What might be cool is having many buyable survivor skins; if everyone looks different, that'd add a whole new level of realism. Either way, I think a lot of thought to ensure the core gameplay isn't changed much would be in order (obviously).

All of that said, if I had one request, Rocket, it's that you continue to use an engine that old/low-end PCs can handle (entry level GPUs, low processors, etc.). I won't be able to play Arma III's DayZ for this precise reason.

Not F2P.

Monthly fee would be fine for me personally, but these days the great majority of those games see a huge decrease in player base after a few months (one year top). They then usually have to go F2P...

Oh yeah, Kickstarter is a great idea. You'd get cash in no time.

no monthly fees :P I wouldn't pay to play online. That's bullsh*t

Yes, total "bullshit" that a company who employs full time, talented, highly-paid engineers to continually entertain you every day of your life would expect you to compensate them in return so they can feed their families and pay their bills you ridiculous, entitled little turd.

Yes' date=' total "bullshit" that a company who employs full time, talented, highly-paid engineers to continually entertain you every day of your life would expect you to compensate them in return so they can feed their families and pay their bills you ridiculous, entitled little turd.

[/quote']

Your argument went to shit as soon as you went ad hominem on his ass.

Monthly is pretty stupid. ARMA 2 didn't require anything other than a purchase of the game itself. Keep it that way.

No micro transactions for new skins or items. No monthly fee.

Game purchase, Most people, including me, already have one subscription on a game, most people won't take a second one.

Certain cosmetic micro transactions could be interesting but it should be kept to a minimum really.

Studio developed, but with community imput,

Servers should be both really, but most preferably community hosted.

Kickstarter could be a good option but I'm not so sure.

id say monthy if you kept adding features, theres so many realistic features that need to be added detailed ones too such things tht are not found in most games. But paying for shit would BE A DISASTER this is a realism game right or is it apb?

Also community development, this mod is popular because you took everyones ideas and put it into a game, as much as you might think its yours its not so you have to hear everyones input, you still did what no man has done before :D