rocket

IF this was an actual game...

*Studio developed (only way to ensure rocket's bastard vision imo).

*Micro trans for cosmetic stuff only (small cash cow).

*Kickstarter (will prob generate shit loads of cash for dev, judging by the success of it and of DayZ)

*If servers stay limited to 50 odd players, then one-off payment for game.

*If servers/DayZ can become MMO scale in it's deployment, then happy to pay a reasonable monthly fee.

I also think you'd need to consider that you're using a lot of company branding and if you were making money' date=' those should probably be changed to avoid the companies wanting X amount of your profits.[/quote']

Is not the opposite true... is it not advertising? Can you not actually squeeze them for money, Rocket?

If it goes fucking monthly payment you will lose lots of people. That shit is fucking stupid to shell out 15 dollars a month for a game that in a year cost you 180 dollars per year. I could have bought a new gpu or 3 whole 60 dollar games.

Studio

Communities fuck up the vision

One time payment

I would pay for cosmetic shit... hell I would pay not to have a white shirt when I spawn.

Kickstarter

one time payment, with both physical and digital copies of the game, and both community/official servers.

Developed by? i really don't care if a person or an small group is commited with the project they can achieve the same thing as a "big" studio.

microtrasnsactions are shit lets just not get into this.

A free 2 play with micro transactions is ideal but there's no way to really impliment it without it becoming unbalanced.

A one time purchase if it will still be surported well after would be best.

Personally i'd never pay for a subscribtion no matte rwhat the game is.

Never monthly sub. I'd happily dosh out £20 quid or so for it if it came as a neat packaged game like IRON FRONT: Liberation 1944 has just done. I snapped that shit up like a mofo, but I will never pay a recurring fee for a game. Besides, you'll destroy the community you've gathered (whether you care or not) and as a reference, Blizzard is already at the sucking dick stage to get players back.

Keep it in the family, no point getting the community involved, keep it with the studio, that way ideas don't get fucked up.

Getting a name behind it, BI for example, and having it a one time payment will give enough money for decent support (not that you aren't fixing this like a baus already) but it also gives it drive. I'd love to buy and own DayZ in my steam list and be able to play a polished product.

Game purchase. You could sell new maps or something to sustain the game.

Studio Developed.

Both types of server.

Might as well do a KickStarter.

If this where a stand alone game. I'd easily pay upto 50 euro's for it. I have dremt of a game like this ever since the Fallout series whent FPS. Monthly sub... perhaps if it where an actual MMO and the map be even bigger (world map maybe?) But I preffer not having monthly subs in general unless new features and content are added regularly. Also, don't pull a blizzard and ask for subs and extra money for every 'expantion' I thougth that was what subscriptions where about. Free updates and shit :)

- Dont think F2P works well with this game, you could only really sell skins without it getting imba.

- Sell it around 15-25 EUR mark 500k copies -> 7.5 - 12.5 mill.

- Try Kickstarter, no reason not too

- Studio developed, keeps carebears out

- Community servers, supervised. DB servers still operated by you. This way you dont have to worry about scaling that much, new game servers will popup were there is demand for it, also, and this is the most important part: less upkeep for you.

Game purchase, I'd never pay for subscriptions. I would never know if I had the money for it next month or not.

Studio developed, you can collect community feedback ofc and SHOULD! Look at project reality mod for BF2. They collect a lot of feedback (very well moderated forums), suggestions etc. Also if a community member wants to help out with models/maps etc. he can do so IF MATERIAL IS HIGH QUALITY! But studio should do the main work.

Game purchase only. (I'd never pay for a subscription service' date=' and F2P with purchased items is purely imbal.)

Studio developed. (Professional. There's no need to involve a community in the development process.)

Kickstarter. (Extra cash on the side never hurt.)

(Super excited to hear that it's gettin' serious, you deserve it entirely. :D)

[/quote']

This

Depends on how the game evolves.

MMO Model:

Pay with monthly fee.

Studio servers.

Studio developed.

Kickstarter.

Current model:

Game only.

Studio and community servers.

Studio developed.

Kickstarter.

If unable to reach an MMO state, it would be nice to have a larger map, with larger servers, that saved character data per server, so no hopping around servers on a whim.

Game purchase only, I think you'd lose a number of people if you made it to monthly payments and paying for equipment just makes the game unbalanced. Game purchasing is a nice medium. If you think you'd need extra money on the way, micro-transactions for things like aesthetics might be well accepted and keep you going. Studio development probably the way to go and Kickstarter isn't that bad of an idea.

I'd pay for it, if it was DLC profesionally customized to be "seperate" from the game. If it was connected to Arma 3.

because arma 3 looks really pretty, really perfect really.

one time purchase, studio created but with slight community feedback.

but a select community would be required, don't want too many opinions and crybabies changing things too much.

Any one of these is perfectly reasonable in my opinion;

1: Pay once, get everything.

2: Free to play, pay to pretty. You can spend a small amount of money to permanently unlock minor cosmetic items, like the no longer existing bandit suit, and other shenanigans like an RGB slider for your flares.

Studio developed, host polls for community feedback on upcoming and existing changes.

Servers hosted by both.

Kickstarter is nice.

buy the game then thats it. Get the game working right and you dont need to add anything else apart from a few little updates to fix crap you missed.

Game purchase only

Studio developed. (Professional. There's no need to involve a community in the development process.)

Kickstarter. (Extra cash never hurt.)

Game purchase only

90% studio developed, with 10% additional help/code input from the community. (we want to help)

Community Servers, in addition to Studio Servers would be nice.

(I want to host a few with personal tweaks)

Kickstarter rocks.

*Side Note:

Killing Floor is a great example of a mod that went fully retail. It has Tripwire working on it as well as tons of community content. We like it that way.