ersan

DayZ.ST - $30/mo for 50 Slot US/EU Servers - FTP - DayZ 1.8.0.3 - Epoch 1.0.3.1 - Instant Setup - Custom Panel - Live Map Tool

How long does it usually take the servers to register with dayz commanders server list? BTW, the instant access was amazing.

Probably 5-15 minutes.

How do I ban players? I've had one noticable hacker on so far, but I don't see anywhere on the control panel to manage the bans.txt file. Also, is there support for AntiHax and BEC?

You can ban people with RCon or DaRT http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68933-dart-a-lightweight-dayz-rcon-tool-v061-15102012/ - that writes to the bans.txt when you issue a ban.

No AntiHax and BEC yet, working on it (though I feel like antihax is near-useless now anyway, anything it catches BattlEye can do easily - which isn't saying much) - also working on FTP access so you can edit anything, will add a way to edit the battleye .txt files before we do the FTP though because what I want to do is make a list of community banlists and allow you to apply them to your bans and script detection files and let you append things onto the end instead of just having the current version when the server is created and then leave it unmodified forever like we do now.

If you want us to edit any of those files for now just send an e-mail to admin@dayz.st and it'll get taken care of quickly.

Just got my server 3 days ago fast Service.Great Buy Just waitng for FTP access and BEC

• Like 1

These are solid servers for people looking for hosting. Best value anywhere. 50slot + database access (in case you want that AK-107 PSO-1/AI AWSM .338 (perk of paying the server bill)) + instant setup + rMod (will be more awesome once FTP access will be given) for 30 bucks a month, a steal. I seriously played on my server in 3 minutes once i paid for it. I tried it out for almost a month just to see how it runs, and I have had no downtime and no lag either on the Utah servers or DC (recently switched over to DC). Players constantly applaud the performance. I am pretty sure I'm going to renew my subscription for atleast a little while.

• Like 1

Is it possible to hit the database outside of the control panel? Some friends and I have been wanting to make a server stats site. Sort of like what anyoneincherno.com does.

Edit: I suppose occasional database dumps would work, but the data would be slower to get updated that way. Also, the control panel isn't really secure at all, my username and password are exposed in the query string in plain text. I'm guessing you're doing that to avoid using user sessions for some reason. Is there a more secure login method?

Edited by GreatBigJerk

Is it possible to hit the database outside of the control panel? Some friends and I have been wanting to make a server stats site. Sort of like what anyoneincherno.com does.

Edit: I suppose occasional database dumps would work, but the data would be slower to get updated that way. Also, the control panel isn't really secure at all, my username and password are exposed in the query string in plain text. I'm guessing you're doing that to avoid using user sessions for some reason. Is there a more secure login method?

The panel can use a POST (and does so for logins) which is just as secure as using sessions if not moreso, return URL's are done through GET's - it's simply because when I first wrote it I was doing it quickly and didn't really want to deal with user auth, I'll probably switch it over to sessions soon. Nobody's really complained about it until now so I didn't bother changing it.

Sending you a PM about the first part, contains sensitive info.

Edited by ersan191

The panel can use a POST (and does so for logins) which is just as secure as using sessions if not moreso, return URL's are done through GET's - it's simply because when I first wrote it I was doing it quickly and didn't really want to deal with user auth, I'll probably switch it over to sessions soon. Nobody's really complained about it until now so I didn't bother changing it.

Sending you a PM about the first part, contains sensitive info.

Wow,that was fast. Thanks! And the security issue isn't a huge concern for me, I just tend to have gut negative reactions to seeing plain text passwords.

I am looking at leaving Survival Servers at the moment due to very poor service over the past couple of weeks.

Do you use PHPMYADMIN to access the database? Cos that would be great if you do as I could just copy my data straight from my other server onto yours without losing all my stuff and data.

I am looking at leaving Survival Servers at the moment due to very poor service over the past couple of weeks.

Do you use PHPMYADMIN to access the database? Cos that would be great if you do as I could just copy my data straight from my other server onto yours without losing all my stuff and data.

Yep, there's an 'edit database' link in the control panel that takes you to phpmyadmin.

What other tools are available?

As the reason I went with Survival Servers was all the tools they have, do you have an equivalent of the DAYZ Tools they have so you can spawn more vehicles and change the time zone?

Do you have a map tool to allow me to view all vehicles and players in the game? Which works with Bliss 3.6?

Thanks for your reply.

Edited by bsmaff

What other tools are available?

As the reason I went with Survival Servers was all the tools they have, do you have an equivalent of the DAYZ Tools they have so you can spawn more vehicles and change the time zone?

Do you have a map tool to allow me to view all vehicles and players in the game? Which works with Bliss 3.6?

Thanks for your reply.

You can modify the time zone (and there's an 'always daytime' option as well), we don't have some of their options like setting how long until various traps and barbed wire expire. You can also modify the max vehicles setting from the control panel.

We have a map that shows vehicles (not yet players) and does work with Bliss 3.6 yes. (see the screenshot in the original post for more info on that)

Released two new maps! Zargabad and Fallujah. They are both DayZCommander compatible. Please be aware that neither of these maps have any vehicle spawns by default, you'll have to add them manually if you want vehicles (until bliss gets updated and has some default spawns).

4T1u1.png

AND another London server is on backorder, it should be setup by tomorrow.

Edited by ersan191

Hi!

Couple questions about phpMyAdmin.

How do you know where exactly are these worldspace cordinates located and how to define your own worldspace for wanted location?

Is it possible to add more spawn points to world_wehicle or do I just have to use those that are there allready?

If I add non dayz vehicles they can not be repaired without rMod right?

Is it possible to add buildings somehow?

Thanks in advance. I have had this server couple days now and it is great. Really looking for player positions and inventories to be added in map.

minukh.png

Hi!

Couple questions about phpMyAdmin.

How do you know where exactly are these worldspace cordinates located and how to define your own worldspace for wanted location?

Is it possible to add more spawn points to world_wehicle or do I just have to use those that are there allready?

If I add non dayz vehicles they can not be repaired without rMod right?

Is it possible to add buildings somehow?

Thanks in advance. I have had this server couple days now and it is great. Really looking for player positions and inventories to be added in map.

You can convert the worldspace coordinates to ingame coordinates using this tool: http://snuletek.com/arma2coordcalc/ - they are similar to ingame coordinates except they are multiplied by 100 and on chernarus the y coordinate is instead 15360 - y.

I believe you can make non-dayz vehicles repairable by adding parts to the database entry (whether not having the parts means the vehicle doesn't function I do not know, I just know it lets you use parts on the vehicle I haven't looked any further).

You can add buildings to the deployable tables for now until we support bliss's new buildings tables.

Edited by ersan191

New map added: Namalsk

k2x0f.png

This map takes a bit longer to load the first time than the other maps because it has no post-briefing screen, please be patient on the first load.

To install you can either download the package from http://dayz.st/files...amalsk_0.55.zip or follow the instructions here: http://www.nightstal...enu=en_dn_popis

Please note that you must enable both the @dayz (1.7.2.6) and @NC (Namalsk + DayZ 0.55) addons to play.

Test server:

IP: 173.192.200.76:2342

Hive: DayZ.ST Company Hive

Edited by ersan191

You can convert the worldspace coordinates to ingame coordinates using this tool: http://snuletek.com/arma2coordcalc/ - they are similar to ingame coordinates except they are multiplied by 100 and on chernarus the y coordinate is instead 15360 - y.

I believe you can make non-dayz vehicles repairable by adding parts to the database entry (whether not having the parts means the vehicle doesn't function I do not know, I just know it lets you use parts on the vehicle I haven't looked any further).

You can add buildings to the deployable tables for now until we support bliss's new buildings tables.

World space coordinates don't work with Panthera though as i have tried :huh:

I've added non dayz vehicles into the db just by copying spawn locations from the world vehicle list from another vehicle but making sure i change the vehicle ID to the one i have added. That way the repairing seems to be ok with the new vehicles. :)

Also i have added buildings/camp sites to our Panthera map using the deployable tables but that is a right pain in the neck and a long process,also it limited me to 30 units so making a fortified base was difficult if we wanted to make numerous bases.So if there is a new buildings table when will it be implemented and will i be able to keep my bases i've already added without having to re add them?...hopefully i will be able to add more than 30 objects with that :thumbsup:

• Like 1

World space coordinates don't work with Panthera though as i have tried :huh:

I've added non dayz vehicles into the db just by copying spawn locations from the world vehicle list from another vehicle but making sure i change the vehicle ID to the one i have added. That way the repairing seems to be ok with the new vehicles. :)

Also i have added buildings/camp sites to our Panthera map using the deployable tables but that is a right pain in the neck and a long process,also it limited me to 30 units so making a fortified base was difficult if we wanted to make numerous bases.So if there is a new buildings table when will it be implemented and will i be able to keep my bases i've already added without having to re add them?...hopefully i will be able to add more than 30 objects with that :thumbsup:

I *believe* that worldspace coordinates work on panthera but the y coordinate is not reversed as it is in chernarus - I may be wrong. Lingor was this way and it was by the same map maker. That tool I linked is only for chernarus, sorry.

We have to do some testing with the new buildings schema but if all goes well I can see us adding it by tomorrow.

Also the Washington DC location is full so I will either order our first Dallas server or another WDC server tomorrow (if you'd be interested in a Dallas server over a WDC server let me know before tomorrow, trying to get people to switch off of WDC to dallas, otherwise will just get another WDC because it's east coast). Hardware for the new London server is being shipped to the datacenter and will likely be there very soon.

Edited by ersan191

Here's what I envision: If a player joins your server and isn't whitelisted it will kick them and tell them to go to http://dayz.st/whitelist/1234 (your serverid), there they will fill out a form (with a captcha) that will submit them to the whitelist process, and then when you login to your control panel you'll see a list of pending whitelist requests which you'll be able to approve or deny - sound good?

Ersan, did you ever get this done or still have plans? This would be AMAZING on my current server.

We have to do some testing with the new buildings schema but if all goes well I can see us adding it by tomorrow.

I look forward to that happening :thumbsup: and i would also be interested in getting some sort of whitelist application as i currently am trying to get people to join our forum before i make the server password protected to try and cut out the hackers coming in.

I look forward to that happening :thumbsup: and i would also be interested in getting some sort of whitelist application as i currently am trying to get people to join our forum before i make the server password protected to try and cut out the hackers coming in.

Yeah I guess this is the roadmap currently (in order):

- Merging additional bliss schemas like buildings tables and scheduled messages whenever they prove to be stable (which definitely is not yet)

- New map that allows you to place vehicles and see players and inventories with more precise coordinates.

- Custom whitelist support

- BEC support

- FTP access

- Server-side support for dayz anti-hax and gotcha antihax.

- More precise controls for cleaning up vehicles and objects (this will come after the buildings schema).

I may have forgotten something.

Also found out today that the UK shipment from supermicro has been delayed and will not be delivered until Friday :( We have also had a build order sent to Dallas to be set up which will hopefully be online much sooner since Softlayer usually has hardware in stock.

Edited by ersan191

The custom control panel alone is reason enough to rent a server here if you ask me, its simple yet it has everything you need including access to database and map.

I didnt have to wait for the server to setup, everything was working the the minute i completed my order.

I forgot to update my Lingor map and they quickly told me that i was missing a map update.

Cant get any better than this. :thumbsup:

Edited by Claus1978

I've been messing with custom buildings and boy do I have my work cut out for me. Time to modify the existing military bases on Chernarus and make them shall we say....a bit more fun

So how I can whitelist my self to this server?

I just saw this claim somewhere --->

"even if you are an admin, BE is a software that sees black or white.. if you want to avoid BE, Just use whitelist (whitelist your self). By doing that, you will bypass BE even if it is turned on"

If you are globally banned from BattlEye then you cannot whitelist yourself to avoid a ban. The only thing you can do is disable BattlEye on the server which you can do in the control panel on private servers, but you will open it up to a lot of hackers. None of the whitelist software currently in use even works with BattlEye disabled.

When do you think you will have some more servers available?

My Survival Servers server runs out on Saturday

Freed up a couple slots in salt lake city and will be setting up Dallas (and maybe France) today and a new London server should be here friday.

Edited by ersan191