My patience has come to an end. I just can't deal with the abundance of cheaters in this game.

Stalking the eastern edge of the NWA as I could see zombies there when I was 200+ meters away. Slowly creeping up to the concrete fence when I see a bandit being chased by 2 zombies. I follow him for about 2 minutes, waiting for him to stop. When he finally does I take 4 shots to his body with my AK74, not intending to kill him, Just to knock him unconscious so I could take his things without killing him. At this point I am perfectly concealed in a pine tree, I can barely see my own character on the screen due to being hidden by the branches. I scope out his body for a couple of seconds, making sure he is K.O'd, he is.

My character then falls to the ground dead, no bullet noise, no blood, no nothing. It was if I was killed using a console command. I can only presume that guy I shot was a hacker and /killed me from inside my tree.

Seriously sort this out... I know it's alpha but if it's this fucked, it should be given away for free with a limited copy of ARMA II.

Edited by Derbyy

I'd suggest to wait till standalone. But if they wipe the hive, its sign that casuals control the company and this means it would be sour IE trash tier.

Seriously sort this out... I know it's alpha but if it's this fucked, it should be given away for free with a limited copy of ARMA II.

It is given away for free. The DayZ mod is totally free.

And it's entirely possible you were killed by a sniper that was more than 450m, away from you. If this was the case...you wouldnt hear a thing. Just instant death.

The one you KO'd may well have had a sniper buddy with thermal on teamspeak or something for all you know.

Not saying you weren't hacked...just giving you some info.

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 8

There is also a possibility you were sniped with an AS 50 or M107 as they are supersonic and you don't hear the gunshot until after the bullet hits.

Edited by Kyzahh
  • Like 1

There is also a possibility you were sniped with an AS 50 or M107 as they are super sonic and you don't hear the gunshot until after the bullet hits.

As i said, if the sniper is farther away than the guns audible range...he wont hear anything. An AS50 has an audible range of about 450m. But a kill range of about 1200m. The sniper could be anywhere between 500m and 1200m away...and he wouldn't have heard a thing. It's happened to me a few times...and it happens so fast...you don't really get time to notice a blood spurt or hear a bullet impact.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Haven't seen a hacker in weeks, this is with servers that got a pop of 30+. Get a new server.And ya i agree with the 2 above me. Just cause someone is better or killed you doesn't make them a hacker, i know when i played CoD4 competitive i accused a fk lot of people, assuming they used hax when they didn't.

Edited by HighPiez

It is given away for free. The DayZ mod is totally free.

And it's entirely possible you were killed by a sniper that was more than 450m, away from you. If this was the case...you wouldnt hear a thing. Just instant death.

The one you KO'd may well have had a sniper buddy with thermal on teamspeak or something for all you know.

Not saying you weren't hacked...just giving you some info.

By given free I meant a free version of ARMA II with dayz only functionality since lets be honest the majority of players which bought ARMA II, bought it only for Dayz and it barely works

I can't see myself being killed by anything but a thermal as I was prone in a cluster of 3 pine trees when I was killed...

You most likely got sniped with a 50. cal from more then 600m away. Here is why.

PRESUME ALWAYS that guys on the NWAF don't go alone. Unlike you.

They MOST LIKELY have someone to cover them. With a sniper.

You were sitting there at the very same spot after firing 4 TIMES at that guy, giving away your position.

You will first fall to the ground and then hear the shot if the sniper is at closer range, if not you won't even hear the shot.

You most likely didn't see blood because your screen went black&grey and sometimes you bleed on your bottom side directly into the ground. Bleeding is a glitchy animation atm.

Now please stop crying and go respawn once again to enjoy the new thrill of sneaking through Cherno&Elektro looting for good gear.

• Like 2

My patients has come to an end. I just can't deal with the abundance of cheaters in this game.

Stalking the eastern edge of the NWA as I could see zombies there when I was 200+ meters away. Slowly creeping up to the concrete fence when I see a bandit being chased by 2 zombies. I follow him for about 2 minutes, waiting for him to stop. When he finally does I take 4 shots to his body with my AK74, not intending to kill him, Just to knock him unconscious so I could take his things without killing him. At this point I am perfectly concealed in a pine tree, I can barely see my own character on the screen due to being hidden by the branches. I scope out his body for a couple of seconds, making sure he is K.O'd, he is.

My character then falls to the ground dead, no bullet noise, no blood, no nothing. It was if I was killed using a console command. I can only presume that guy I shot was a hacker and /killed me from inside my tree.

Seriously sort this out... I know it's alpha but if it's this @#!*% , it should be given away for free with a limited copy of ARMA II.

For the love, look at the Rocket said thread. They literally CANNOT fix hacking until standalone. Changes have to be made to the engine, and that's something a mod can't do.

How many patients did you lose? This is horrible and why would you come on the Dayz mod to tell us that you have lost your patients, did they die or just wander off?

(I read the other posts that pointed it out and just did not care, still wanted to make my dumb joke).

By given free I meant a free version of ARMA II with dayz only functionality since lets be honest the majority of players which bought ARMA II, bought it only for Dayz and it barely works

I can't see myself being killed by anything but a thermal as I was prone in a cluster of 3 pine trees when I was killed...

Seriously? You think they should give away a fully developed game for free just so you can play a mod of the game? That's the dumbest thing I ever read. Did you at least read it to see the ridiculousness of it before you posted it?

• Like 1

You want them to give you (and everyone else) a £25 game for free just because their mod for it isn't flawless? That's like everyone demanding free PS3s from Sony because my PSN comment is hacked.

I honestly haven't seen any hackers yet, but what the others said seems likely. You may have been hidden, but he may have seen you firing, or his friend heard you and told the sniper, Revealing your position.

You could blame the tree as well.

I've been killed by a conifer that objected to me touching it.

I later went back and tried chopping it down but I think it must've had god mode enabled.

• Like 2

I've been sniped at lots in this game, you hear the bullet impact way before you hear the shot, especially at longer ranges.... so if he 1 shot you with the as50 or m107 or headshotted you with anything, you wouldn't hear a thing.

You could blame the tree as well.

I've been killed by a conifer that objected to me touching it.

I later went back and tried chopping it down but I think it must've had god mode enabled.

I'm quite concerned as to why you were so dedicated to touching that tree, Rogue.

Just let the tree go, man. There's plenty more fish in the sea. Or, er, Trees in the forest.

My patience has come to an end. I just can't deal with the abundance of cheaters in this game.

You said yourself its in alpha, most games dont even have a public alpha so feel privlidged to be able to play. Alpha's Have bugs.

Rocket cant do a damn thing about hackers due to engine restrictions and its perfectly plausible the person who killed you was legit. So wait for standalone and stop moaning or learn that there is only so much that can be done.

Regards

Designidea

Play on low pop. Less or no hackers

Its not an as50. You got hacked. As if there are magical snipers that are always around every corner, please. If you are playing on a low pop server, why don't you just play single player? Stupid solution.

Edited by boatie

reminds me of Diablo2 where 90% was hackers and cheaters and exploiters and bots, and all valuble loot was duped leaving the game to the poor 10% trying to achieve something in the total cheating mayhem that killed the game totally

DayZ is going the same way bro, cya im leaving too =)