rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

install it. then go to arma2oa/expansion/beta folder

copy arma 2oa.exe and paste it to root directory

ps. dont forget to save original arma2oa.exe file

Good job fixing the vehicles, but what the hell? Tents are NOT fixed. I repeat, tents are NOT FIXED.

Yesterday I put my as50 and 5 mags in a brand new tent that I pitched in a highly secluded spot in a relatively empty server (that was updated of course). I parked my ATV next to it as well. Today the tent is absolutely empty. I know it was not looted because the ATV should have been gone as well if it were looted.

This is what I get for having too much faith in a glitch-ridden game like this.

Are you sure you remembered to save the tent?

I'm quite pleased the debug monitor has gone. Without the kills being listed like that, hopefully it will begin to deter the deathmatchers who are really only playing so then can go shoot people. Perhaps they will revert back to Arma2 or get Arma3 when that arrives :-)

Figured I'd post something of a summary of mine(and my friends) experience with 1.7.2.6 so far.

Confirmed fixes (confirmed as in: This has worked for me and all of my buddies)

+ Vechiles and their inventory now save correctly.

(of course, remember the save function!)

+ Tents and their inventory now save correctly.

(as with vechiles, use that sexy save function!)

+ All graphics glitches except barbed wire gone

(and they are minor at most)

New bugs (again, from the experience of me and my buds)

- Vechiles spawn with empty fuel tanks after server restarts

(Imo a minor issue, you just need to make sure you have a couple of jerry cans. I can imagine its a pain if you like fully fueled heli's though)

- Debug monitor causing your other life indicators to "freeze up" and not update.

(again, a most minor issue and not really anything even remotely game-breaking. hell to me I dont even consider this a bug at all)

I've yet to try the flip function so I suppose I'll get back on that after some experimenting.

I can tell though that there is a lot of traffic on the 35% (or so) of the servers that have updated to 1.7.2.6, which can quite easily be taken as a sign that this patch has made this mod funny to play again.

...now if only that massive excess of new players would choose a different server then mine so I dont get hyper-paranoid of getting a sniper-bullet to the brain everytime I crawl out of some foliage. :<

Edited by Tomeran
  • Like 2

install it. then go to arma2oa/expansion/beta folder

copy arma 2oa.exe and paste it to root directory

ps. dont forget to save original arma2oa.exe file

Mh, it still dies at the loading screen. Anything else? It worked perfectly yesterday

Are you sure you remembered to save the tent?

Of course. I'm always paranoid about saving. But at least the vehicles seem to work. I had a bunch of car parts in my atv and they got saved. Lost my stuff in the tent next to it though. WTF is going on.

also I had pitched two tents in the same server before the update. They were still there yesterday after the update. So I put some medical supplies in there. Today those tents disappeared not to mention the supplies inside them.

Edited by kevinyoki2

I can confirm that vehicles work but tents do NOT seem to be saving anything.

I gotta say, I get concerned with this stuff as it relates to the standalone. Just seems like shoddy work, fix one thing, break 5 others. Hopefully the quality of work will be different

Update, one tent seems to work... Maybe this has to do something with who accesses it. Will post more when I figure it out

Update2, The other tent I had did appear to work. At one point it appeared empty, now it is full. I gotta apologize for my concern if it stays this way

Edited by NewYawk

not going to bother to read 25 pages to see if someone has mentioned that graphic glitches on barbed wire are still there but yeah they are.

So langsam gehts mir echt auf die Nerven. Das nächste Update was wieder mehr schlechter gemacht hat, als das es verbessert hat.

Ganz gehörig auf den Sack geht mir das der Server alle 1,5-2 Stunden einfach die Verbindung verliert (kein Hoster Problem, denn der 1.7.2.5 Server ist die ganze Zeit online). Mit dem Bug das dann alle Fahrzeuge kein Benzin mehr haben nach dem Restart, macht das Spiel echt gar keine Laune mehr. Ich habe den Server wieder auf 1.7.2.4 zurückgespielt, da funktionieren wenigstens alle Grundfunktionen um Spass am Spiel zu haben. Leider bleibt der Server fast leer. Ist mir aber mittlerweile egal, denn ich werde den Server kündigen. Irgendwie habe ich das Gefühl, das es nicht wirklich besser wird, und eigentlich war ja genug Zeit um es wirklich signifikant zu verbessern.

In 13 Tagen wird ein anderes Spiel zur open Beta, genau dann läuft der Server aus, also passt das zu 100%. Scheint wohl eine Fügung des Schicksals zu sein. Ich sehs nicht mehr ein Geld für einen Server auszugeben für ein Spiel, was nicht wirklich verbessert wird und nicht aus den Kinderkrankheiten herauskommt.

Für alle die wissen wollen, welches Spiel ich meine, denen gebe ich gerne per PM Auskunft.

EN:

Slowly walk me real pain. The next update what has once more made ​​worse, as it has improved.

A vengeance on the bag to me that the server is all about 1.5-2 hours just loses the connection (no Hoster problem because the 1.7.2.5 server is online all the time). With the bug then all the vehicles have run out of gas after the restart, the game is really no more mood. I have restored the server back to 1.7.2.4, as work at least all the basic functions to enjoy the game to have. Unfortunately, the server remains low. But now I do not care because I will terminate the server. Somehow I have the feeling that there is not really any better, and was actually enough time to improve it really significantly.

In 13 days is a different game for the open beta, then the server just runs out, so that fits 100%. Seems to be a twist of fate. I no longer sehs a money for a server to pay for a game that is not really improved and not coming out of the childhood diseases.

For those who want to know what game I mean, where I'll give you information via PM. Sorry for googletranslation.

• Like 1

* DayZ UI Debug option is not working properlly (no debug indicator at the moment). deal-with-it.jpg

This is why I can't wait for WarZ...

• Like 1

Do not know already written or not. faced with a problem - rangefinder does not determine the distance to target, always 0

Agree. At first I was like: "look at those lame copycats". But now I realize they probably made a game less buggy and more functional than dayz will ever be.

• Like 1

Do not know already written or not. faced with a problem - rangefinder does not determine the distance to target, always 0

Mine works fine. Stop kissing trees.

Edited by Hadden

just checking with others.

I planted a tent, and it acctually pitched the first time i tried to pitch it instead of having to do the dance where i move around trying to get it to work. was just wondering if i got lucky or if the tent placement issue was fixed.

just checking with others.

I planted a tent, and it acctually pitched the first time i tried to pitch it instead of having to do the dance where i move around trying to get it to work. was just wondering if i got lucky or if the tent placement issue was fixed.

I can confirm this from my own experience. Tents seem way easier to pitch.

How do infected hunters look like?

We says, Crazy Iwan.

Skin_Zombies.png

Also 550 ammo on him ;)

I am waiting now too.

For some reason mine shows 1.7.2.5.33 ??

Any ideas why it didnt show 1.7.2.6

isn't .33 and .34 lingor island

I wont torrent... well not w/o a VPN or proxy!

why not? it's not like torrents them self are illegal lol

• Like 2

Tried 2 atv's today, cant unflip them. One was blown up, one turned up with Lada crashing :D

And the empty fuel after restart sucks. Found several abandoned vehicles today.

isn't .33 and .34 lingor island

Yes that's true but this is a dayz patch not lingor

And yes i am playing lingor as i got completely bored with chernarus but im on .34 which is the the latest

So i have no idea why its showing 1.7.2.5.33