rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.6 Rolling Update

"Developers should listen to the community, and although they have fixed alot of the issues, when people actually like/get used to something, it's annoying when it's just taken away just like that."

I´m partly with you, but mate, do you want to have another "Dead Island" or a really cool survival game?

• Like 2

the debug monitor is a crutch that is completly against the idea/style of the game.

and i´m not really raging, just tired of reading the same shit over and over and over again because ppl don´t read.

I get tired of bad spelling, but I don't rage at other people because of it.

CP from other post

My point being, it's always handy in having that option.

They can always leave it disabled by default, but allow people to have that option of keeping it. But also make the meters work for food and drink.

"Developers should listen to the community, and although they have fixed alot of the issues, when people actually like/get used to something, it's annoying when it's just taken away just like that."

I´m partly with you, but mate, do you want to have another "Dead Island" or a really cool survival game?

Oh I'm 100% for a new take on zombie survival. but after playing so long with the debug option, it's just frustrating to see it go. Like I said before disabled by default, but allow people to have the option. with working indicators

Edited by ALuzionz

i swear to god, most ppl here can´t read.

THE DEGUB MONITOR WILL BE GONE FOR GOOD IN THE NEXT PATCHES / STANDALONE.

IT WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO BE THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

ROCKET SAID SO IN DOZENS OF INTERVIEWS.

you dont need the debug monitor anyways or do you constantly forget your playername ????

everything the monitor shows is redundant anyways.

blood shows in the bloodrop / color fainting / heartbeat.

Humaninty is the style you play. no need for a retarded number.

knowing the number of zombies is completly irrelevant.

holy shit ppl. READ before posting.

Unfortunately a lot of people out there need to pet their e-penis with those numbers. If they see that they killed 3 players and 50 zombies they feel like they are the boss, the alfa male or something. Basically people that are insecure and not confident about themselves like to see those numbers.

But no worries, we'll educate those people too. Rocket is an intelligent man and knows what changes need to be made. Removing debug monitor is one of them and I'm happy about that. And who knows, maybe it will help all those insecure teens to grow up a little.

Edited by MACtic
  • Like 2

I get tired of bad spelling, but I don't rage at other people because of it.

CP from other post

My point being, it's always handy in having that option.

They can always leave it disabled by default, but allow people to have that option of keeping it. But also make the meters work for food and drink

Another option is always handy but this will not be an option in the final product. He is testing for the standalone remember.

Your state of humanity is displayed with your skin. (This can be bugged anyway)

Food + water flash as indicators.

Blood changes your ability to see the world around you (colours/sound)

Temperature has a gauge.

Score is tracked on the scores tab.

Not much else you need to see.

You are not supposed to know how many zombies are on the server as this can give people's approximate locations away.

The debug monitor can be turned on but if you leave it permanently on you are putting yourself at a disadvantage. Use it to check stuff but turn it off after you are done. That way you have the option but are not at an advantage against anyone else.

Edited by SumoS
  • Like 2

Unfortunately a lot of people out there need to pet their e-penis with those numbers. If they see that they killed 3 players and 50 zombies they feel like they are the boss, the alfa male or something. Basically people that are insecure and not confident about themselves like to see those numbers.

But no worries, we'll educate those people too. Rocket is an intelligent man and knows what changes need to be made. Removing debug monitor is one of them and I'm happy about that. And who knows, maybe it will help all those insecure teens to grow up a little.

I know what your implying. But I don't care about kill numbers, or survival time. I aim to have fun within my group, working as a team to raid places, and sometimes other groups. it's just nice to have the option. I know a minimalistic UI is the aim of the game, due to attempt to be a simulation, but when you get used to something being there, it's annoying having it taken away. Like vehicles on a server restart. (used to now xD)

I know what your implying. But I don't care about kill numbers, or survival time. I aim to have fun within my group, working as a team to raid places, and sometimes other groups. it's just nice to have the option. I know a minimalistic UI is the aim of the game, due to attempt to be a simulation, but when you get used to something being there, it's annoying having it taken away. Like vehicles on a server restart. (used to now xD)

Indeed but as the Day Z slogan goes ''Don't get attached to your stuff''

That includes mechanics and features.

• Like 3

Can the ingame monitor return? Honestly i want to see only 1 thing , my bloodcount...

Go in to gameplay options.

there should be a tab for the 'UI', select the Debug UI

I'm glad the debug monitor has gone, it makes the game more immersive having to use your eyes and ears alot more to stay alive, this is a survival game after all. Could a stat page be added on death? it would be awesome to know how many zombie/player/bandit kills and hours alive you managed.

Edit

Question for Rocket, Will we still have Coca cola and Pepsi in the standalone or will these brands have to be removed due to trademarks?

Edited by vandal GAB
  • Like 4

Go in to gameplay options.

there should be a tab for the 'UI', select the Debug UI

Thanks. Most of this is useless to read, buti'm always curious to my bloodcount and zombie kills :D

The HUD doesnt works if you have DEBUG on

Edited by steffeh

i spawned near kamenka and head towards cherno. on balota airfield, medical tents, and idustrial comlex next to balota airfield i did not have glitches. But when i came to the church in cherno when i look on north glitches are there. There are not big as before patch, now they cover just upper part of screen. I hope this is something about my PC but i allready heard other ppl also saw this.

Hello compadres.

I've gone a few pages back and weeded out most of the one-word posts, picture posts, off-topic arguments and rage spam from the thread.

A few warnings were given out as well.

Remember that this is where we give feedback on the patch, not a fridge to hang your meme pictures on or a proving ground for angry word gladiators.

Please stay on topic and abstain from personal insults.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 11

"(* [FIXED] Vehicle and tents not saving (Now they save correctly) (* Missed from original build notes accidentally*)" I'm now in love with you guys! :D

• Like 1

What happened to manually downloading via mirrors?

This was always less buggy than the launchers.

BitTorrent.

Try it, you'll like it.

there were several direct links posted in this thread. just use one of those.

or google "dayz 1.7.2.6 mirror". i´m sure you´ll find something.

ps: torrenting stuff like this mod is 100% legal.

• Like 1

I wont torrent... well not w/o a VPN or proxy!

Why not?.

Downloading and seeding DayZ is not illegal.

BitTorrent has nothing to do with piracy. It's just another protocol just like FTP and HTTP...

As a server admin, this has been IMO the best update so far regarding tents. I've thoroughly tested saving things in them and have yet to have anything disappear through multiple server restarts. Also, and I can't believe no one has mentioned this (maybe I missed it), but I no longer have to do the 30 minute rain dance for the DayZ gods to place a tent, they seem to be going down wherever on the first try. I would however love to see packed up tents NOT reappearing after a restart seeing as how the aforementioned rain dance can cause tent placements that are less than great.

I can confirm however that vehicles are losing their gas following a server restart, but their locations have been solid so far.

To the people mentioning zombie aggro issues, I have not noticed anything even remotely close to these experiences. It was likely some sort of de-syncing issue i.e.the game/zombies still think you're in a town even though you're 100m into the woods. I raided two downed choppers with a friend earlier and both the loot and the zombies were present and functioning normally.

The UI stuff does not bother me, I imagine given that its called a Debug Monitor it will be going away soon anyway, I rather like the excitement of not knowing how many zombies are around, its a helluva lot more realistic.

Thank you good Sir Admin! (and thank you rocket :) now go to sleep, you deserve some rest I suppose ;P )

Edited by Chimonanthus

i spawned near kamenka and head towards cherno. on balota airfield, medical tents, and idustrial comlex next to balota airfield i did not have glitches. But when i came to the church in cherno when i look on north glitches are there.

Those are glitches from barbwire which has not been fixed yet.

• Like 2

Debug menu when enabled. Bugs all other UI monitors. Food/Water/Blood always stays green. Even though it is changing. I was blinking red when I turned it off.

Has anyone had any conformation on new vehicle spawns. Not sure if anything new is re-spawning My server is void of vehicle life!!!

Edited by Incus
  • Like 1