rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2.6

I sincerely hope you test the saving of vehicles and tents before you assume that fix (#41502) actually fixes it. I had modified my server code with that fix as well, and it didn't work. After quite some investigation it seems that servers after a certain instance are experiencing problems that are not fixed with this fix. Only tents save the first time, which is explainable:

- Player sets up a new tent on the server, gets id: 132699331640165

- Player (with fix #41502) can save the tent as often as it wants. Hyve updates in the log show the correct id in the string (132699331640165)

- Server restarts

- Tent has the contents as before the server went down. ObjectID of the tent however is now "2.75986e+006".

- Any subsequent saves of the tent fail - the hyve tries to update an object with id "2.75986e+006" which does not exist and silently fails (no error).

The same problem occurs with vehicles. They are loaded from the database with bad id's, hence they never save.

Earlier servers don't have this problem, because their vehicles have id's that are not corrupted on server load (presumably because their id's are low enough to not be converted in e+006 formats).

I posted about this last week some time, its easily fixed in the hive dll by wrapping the object ID in ' ' so i'm assuming they've done it :)

Also with the graphical glitches, does this fix the barbed wire too? Is the tweet about artifacting the same thing? If so i'm going to throw you an email :)

Can't wait for this next update, it'll be nice to drive through berezino and actually see where i'm going :D

Rocket please do HIVE reset. It would make all duplicated items dissapear and make rare items rare again! Maybe it will get bad again after a while but it will be good atleast for month or so, I guess..

• Like 2

Wipe the Hive and all gear please! Wipe everything please! A fresh start is needed, so much accidentally & intentionally duplicated gear.

(i have a 50 day old character with everything.. so i do have a lot to loose)

• Like 7

Lets all eat beans , drink dew and be happy we can go to military sites again :D

Party at balota bring your own beans , NO ZOMBIES ALLOWED

• Like 1

Wipe the Hive and all gear please! Wipe everything please! A fresh start is needed, so much accidentally & intentionally duplicated gear.

This

• Like 3

* [NEW] Option to flip vehicles that have rolled

Too bad I wasted so much time leveling my "Unflip ATV using the wheels" skill.

Great updates!

Your servant,

Weld

• Like 1

Can everybody just first test the update before jumping in on the party bus and ending in the death arena if it's actually not working please?

• Like 1

I agree...everything should be wiped for a fresh start. A lot of duped stuff and ridiculous tent farms are around.

(i have a 50 day old character with everything.. so i do have a lot to loose)

Yeah, the gear in circulation now is silly. Wipe is 100% necessary!!!

Don't forget to fix the backpack issue. Switching skins will delete your backpack and revert back to patrol pack. its kind of important.

Just drop your backpack first, job done.

Yes its a bug and can do with fixing but when the workaround is so easy you only have yourself to blame.

Rocket please do HIVE reset. It would make all duplicated items dissapear and make rare items rare again! Maybe it will get bad again after a while but it will be good atleast for month or so, I guess..

This would make perfect sense and I totally agree, I get the feeling though it would Nerf off a lot of people. For the great of good and to restore elements of the game that have been lost it has to be done.

I think everybody cheering for a hive wipe is forgetting that hackers can spawn in whatever they want anyway. and it seems hacking isn't gonna be fixed til standalone, so there's really no point in wiping the hive. And why is everyone fawning over this update? If it goes like the last couple hotfixes, nothing will be fixed and a few more things will break (I haven't been able to join servers since 1.7.2.4) So let's just wait and see how it goes before we party?

• Like 1

Yes its a bug and can do with fixing but when the workaround is so easy you only have yourself to blame.

Yes, it is very easy when manually changing a skin. That's not an issue.

Should i also drop my backpack when i run into someone and kill them?

"Hold on one sec, i need to drop my backpack before i kill you so i don't lose it when i turn into a bandit."

• Like 1

I think everybody cheering for a hive wipe is forgetting that hackers can spawn in whatever they want anyway. and it seems hacking isn't gonna be fixed til standalone, so there's really no point in wiping the hive. And why is everyone fawning over this update? If it goes like the last couple hotfixes, nothing will be fixed and a few more things will break (I haven't been able to join servers since 1.7.2.4) So let's just wait and see how it goes before we party?

The hackers are definitely an issue.

On my server though we have a second issue, you can pretty much follow the coast line or go north toward Zelenogorsk and find tent cities everywhere with every hacked weapon, tools. We don't even stop at heli crash sites anymore. It's really sad, I miss the days of grabbing a winny and heading into battle. You can't do that when everyone has AS50s.

+1 for complete wipe.

• Like 2

* [FIXED] Tents and vehicles not saving correctly ( https://dev-heaven.net/issues/41502 )

* [NEW] Option to flip vehicles that have rolled

Way hey, It's been a long time in waiting for those. Let's just keep our fingers crossed nothing get's broken in the process in making these changes.

You can't seriously expect us to drop backpack everytime we get attacked by other survivors. Because switching skin because of humanity is the issue. I everytime drop my backpack when I use ghillie or camo clothing but when I kill someone for self defence and it switches me to bandit and resets my bag is problematic. Also the change from bandit back to survivor resets backpack and when humanity counter is reseted you won't even know when it's going to change...