Toilet

Do you like the name DayZ?

Do you like the name DayZ?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. The name, do you like it?

I remember when I started playing (back in late April I think) that Rocket said he didn't like the name and it was only a working title, but it has kind of stuck.

I feel the same way, I HATED the name when I first started playing but it has rather grown on me since.

Edited heavily because I am and idiot, forgot that the standalone site is DayZgame.

Face palm.

Changed everything so it's now just a question of whether or not you like the name.

On a side note I may leave pissing about on the forums 'till after I have woken up.

Edited by Toilet

He should change it to 'DayQQ'. That'll suit and represent a large amount of players in the fanbase.

• Like 4

Considering the standalone website is :-

http://dayzgame.com/

I'd say...yes!

Besides, it doesn't make sense to build up a brand name & promote it etc. Then change it...this is just my opinion though.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Considering the standalone website is :-

http://dayzgame.com/

I'd say...yes!

FUCK. Forgot about that, well I guess consider the speculation redundant then.

FUCK. Forgot about that, well I guess consider the speculation redundant then.

LOL

No worries dude. I wasn't having a go at your thread btw.

LOL

No worries dude. I wasn't having a go at your thread btw.

Yeah all good dude, I figured you were trying to just point out the obvious without coming off as a prick, great success. But seriously, cheers for the heads up though, changed everything around so it's a bit more relevant now.

Whenever I tell people to look at DayZ, they think I'm saying "daisy." How should I actually pronounce DayZ?

Days

Day Zee

Day Zed

Whenever I tell people to look at DayZ, they think I'm saying "daisy." How should I actually pronounce DayZ?

Days

Day Zee

Day Zed

I personally say Day Zed, but that's how I was taught how to pronounce the letter "z" when I was at school. Same goes for England and I'm pretty sure Aussie too (I could be wrong). But in America, and actually a lot of other places come to think of it, it's pronounced zee.

The weird thing is that Rocket says Day Zee, and he is from New Zealand too. So I dunno, I guess we should all be saying Day Zee, but I will never be able to bring myself to say it, it will forever be Day Zed to me.

• Like 1

Days

Day Zee

Day Zed

I'm Canadian and like Toilet said, we pronounce it the way we were taught to say the letter 'Z'. So it's the same for me: Day Zed. Only Americans seem to call it "daisy" LOL.

I would call it DaySSWBLAZTMMTYYAU

Sniping

Simulator

With a

Bunch of

LCD-

Abusing

Zombies

That

May

Mike

Tyson

You if

You

Are

Unlucky

• Like 2

I'm Canadian and like Toilet said, we pronounce it the way we were taught to say the letter 'Z'. So it's the same for me: Day Zed. Only Americans seem to call it "daisy" LOL.

Yeah. I also say Dragon Ball Zed, man that used to piss my friends off to no end. The fucking weird thing is though, when I say it aloud, it's Day Zed, but when I read it in my head it's Day Zee.

I think it's time we pulled everyone off the Large Hadron Collider and the Curiosity project to figure this shit out.

Yeah. I also say Dragon Ball Zed, man that used to piss my friends off to no end. The fucking weird thing is though, when I say it aloud, it's Day Zed, but when I read it in my head it's Day Zee.

I think it's time we pulled everyone off the Large Hadron Collider and the Curiosity project to figure this shit out.

It is actually pronounced ''Day zee'' But it can be said either way. You guys must have some retarded friends if they think you are saying daisy.

Anyway. Dayzee Dayz Day0. There you go.

It is actually pronounced ''Day zee'' But it can be said either way. You guys must have some retarded friends if they think you are saying daisy.

Anyway. Dayzee Dayz Day0. There you go.

Wow, thanks for calling my friends retarded.. And I never said anything about it being pronounced "daisy".

"It is actually pronounced ''Day zee"" Would you mind linking me to something to prove this is a fact? Not saying I doubt you(or calling you or your friends retarded for that matter).

Wow, thanks for calling my friends retarded.. And I never said anything about it being pronounced "daisy".

"It is actually pronounced ''Day zee"" Would you mind linking me to something to prove this is a fact? Not saying I doubt you(or calling you or your friends retarded for that matter).

I wasn't calling your friends retarded. Just the fact that the creator calls it that, the game is based around day zero and that its common sense. Edited by MOTOCROSS

I like the name, but saying Daisy doesn't really give the game any justice. Makes it sound.... wimpy.

I personaly would like to the word "eXtreme" incorporated in the name somehow.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

I wasn't calling your friends retarded. Just the fact that the creator calls it that, the game is based around day zero and that its common sense.

Well, you did.

If you bothered to read the thread in it's entirety you would have seen.

I personally say Day Zed, but that's how I was taught how to pronounce the letter "z" when I was at school. Same goes for England and I'm pretty sure Aussie too (I could be wrong). But in America, and actually a lot of other places come to think of it, it's pronounced zee.

The weird thing is that Rocket says Day Zee, and he is from New Zealand too. So I dunno, I guess we should all be saying Day Zee, but I will never be able to bring myself to say it, it will forever be Day Zed to me.

And you would have understood where my confusion has come from, as we were both schooled by the same education system in the same country, where the letter "z" is pronounced as "zed"

But alas, we have gotten off topic. This was more about the actual name rather than how you say it. And at the end of the day I don't think Rocket would give two shits about how it's pronounced.

Any chance you could link me to an article/interview where the Z is said to stand for Zero?

Well, you did.

If you bothered to read the thread in it's entirety you would have seen.

And you would have understood where my confusion has come from, as we were both schooled by the same education system in the same country, where the letter "z" is pronounced as "zed"

But alas, we have gotten off topic. This was more about the actual name rather than how you say it. And at the end of the day I don't think Rocket would give two shits about how it's pronounced.

Any chance you could link me to an article/interview where the Z is said to stand for Zero?

And if you bothered to read my whole post you would see I said you can say it either ways,but its actually named with zee.

Day zero is because when you spawn, it is day zero. In a unknown area, it is your story, how you lived, how you survived, how you died. All starting at day zero.

Im sure you can look at his showing of dayz at the games conference (Can't remember what it was called.)

Edited by MOTOCROSS

I like it, I keep hearing people pronounce it 'Days' though which I found really irritating. 'Day-Zed' or 'Day-Zee' please people.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1