Wabid Wabit

Your Best Story Of Avoiding Death Legit

Thanks to FML Doc I got an idea - I want to ask everyone what was your best escape death story you have encountered in DayZ?

Mine = at NW Airfield fresh server only 2 people on it at 4am EST, it was dark and I had no NV's that is why I was there (NV's) -I adjusted my video settings to get a little day light which wasn't much and made the screen look terrible, I had crawled for 1/2 hr across the strip to get to the Hangers and I heard like a crackling noise and Zed grunts close by (It was a crashed Heli on the West Side Of The Air Strip - My first ever) I had rolled to my right about 4 times to see a bright light which ended up to be the gun stuck in a silent fire position with flames out the nozzle, I know what it was now after a item display showed at the aim of my gun and wala a Gille (again my first ever) and a Bison (junk - But I did not know at the time) i crawled to the closest hanger with my hands all sweaty and shaking from excitement to here shots, the sun is coming up and I have no idea where it is coming from, but it is close, I love to roll so I slid sideways and rolled in the hanger which I can see now and happened to stop and notice a Coyote Backpack - (Never had one) I was now so shaky I could not control the mouse, I crawled over to it and without dropping mine I had grabbed it and noticed mine had disappeared which had my ammo and meds, then a shitty red car and pickup pull up in the front and I had my handy 45 ready and started to shot at them but I was still so shaky I was hitting everything but them or their vehicles, they shot me, I am bleeding I get up and run to the back zig zagging and switching to my Kobra and did a leap to crawl position in the back corner and disappeared through the back of the hanger, I had enough time to heal eat meats and run like a bat otta hell attracting every Zombie possible, I had stood in a pine tree while the zombies tried to hit me and for some reason couldn't, I could hear the vehicles as the Zombies left and they had to go the long way because the wall and fence and I stood there for like an hr scared as hell. all quiet and I aborted - BUT - I Died once I spawned the next day and put the Gille on, it transferred me to the beach in Electro and with in seconds I was shot - But I can say I had a Gille, Heli and a Coyote Backpack for a Day:)

Edited by Wabid Wabit
  • Like 6

I'd been living in a barn near Pusta for about 4 days, coming out to scavenge the countryside, and returning when I was done. I log off behind a pile of crates, just in case. Logged in one day and hear people talking.... very, very close. 1 is across the barn, upper level, rifting through my shit. I put a crossbow bolt in his eye. His 2 friends were directly above me, but were unsure where the shot came from, so they come down the ladder. I put a second man down, but the third spots me... and the crazy asshole tosses a goddamn grenade at me. I ran like hell, got out of the barn just as it went off, knocked me out cold, killed him. I finally come to, broken leg, near dead, messed up pretty bad. Nurse myself up as best I can, collect my bolts, swap packs with one of these assholes. I figure I should move on, find a new barn to call home.... Within about 5 minutes, I can hear a car approaching on the road, these same three assholes bounce out and fan out looking for me. How the hell they got to me that fast, I have no idea. I know it's not terribly far from the coast, but for all 3 to show up, in a car, geared up.... decently populated server.... I head deeper into the woods, but I'm spotted.

AK's ring out, rounds plinking trees all around me, dirt flying up, I'm screwed, these shitheads are going to kill me.... I look over my shoulder and spot one of them trying to catch up to me. I dive into the dirt, spin around, and plug him with my crossbow, then switch to my sidearm. I lay there and wait. Sure enough #2 isn't far behind, I unload when he's close enough. I wait... and wait... #3 is no where to be seen. I get up on one knee just as I get a hatchet in my thigh. "This is it.. I die now" as I flip around and blindly fire my last 1911 round frantically.

Bingo to the dome.

I crawled all the way to elektro with 480 blood and a broken leg. Passing out over and over and over. Some kind fellow patched me up, I thanked him with a bullet once he'd given me a transfusion.

C'est la vie.

• Like 7

Assholes never get beans. -Not to make it personal, but that really is cold. It's things like this that are slowly turning me into a bandit myself. I don't want to become a bandit... but after being killed... and killed... and killed over and over I'm wondering if the bandit life's the only way to survive for a reasonable amount of time.-

I'd been living in a barn near Pusta for about 4 days, coming out to scavenge the countryside, and returning when I was done. I log off behind a pile of crates, just in case. Logged in one day and hear people talking.... very, very close. 1 is across the barn, upper level, rifting through my shit. I put a crossbow bolt in his eye. His 2 friends were directly above me, but were unsure where the shot came from, so they come down the ladder. I put a second man down, but the third spots me... and the crazy asshole tosses a goddamn grenade at me. I ran like hell, got out of the barn just as it went off, knocked me out cold, killed him. I finally come to, broken leg, near dead, messed up pretty bad. Nurse myself up as best I can, collect my bolts, swap packs with one of these assholes. I figure I should move on, find a new barn to call home.... Within about 5 minutes, I can hear a car approaching on the road, these same three assholes bounce out and fan out looking for me. How the hell they got to me that fast, I have no idea. I know it's not terribly far from the coast, but for all 3 to show up, in a car, geared up.... decently populated server.... I head deeper into the woods, but I'm spotted.

AK's ring out, rounds plinking trees all around me, dirt flying up, I'm screwed, these shitheads are going to kill me.... I look over my shoulder and spot one of them trying to catch up to me. I dive into the dirt, spin around, and plug him with my crossbow, then switch to my sidearm. I lay there and wait. Sure enough #2 isn't far behind, I unload when he's close enough. I wait... and wait... #3 is no where to be seen. I get up on one knee just as I get a hatchet in my thigh. "This is it.. I die now" as I flip around and blindly fire my last 1911 round frantically.

Bingo to the dome.

I crawled all the way to elektro with 480 blood and a broken leg. Passing out over and over and over. Some kind fellow patched me up, I thanked him with a bullet once he'd given me a transfusion.

C'est la vie.

Edited by Deathstrike616
  • Like 10

ALT + f4ing while a bandit was shooting me.

*cough* pussy *cough

mine was i was raiding berizino single handed and i went into the market and next thing i knew alot of shots were fired at me.. so i layed down and stayed very still.. i managed to lay there for 10 minutes and they never came to investigate

TLDR: i acted dead for a long time and got away without even being hit

• Like 1

Bingo to the dome.

C'est la vie.

Did good until the end. I understand the bandit life, I used to be one, but come on man, that's cold.

• Like 6

6 days old, doing a night run in Berezino toggling my flashlight on and off and navigating mostly by sound with my hatchet in hand. I vaguely remember spotting some camps but my map is old school server rules (no location marker) and I don't have a compass so I can't tell which direction is which. I scour a few residential areas and the warehouses to the southeast and am crawling by a fence when a zombie attacks (as usual). Problem is, I accidentally double-tapped the alt button and it being pitch black I don't even realize I'm not even aiming at the zombie. I figure it out when I use the flashlight (which also takes a while since flashlight use in this game is bugged all to hell). Anyway, I get my ass kicked and break a leg.

So now I'm crawling through the dark without a morphine injector and with a broken leg. And then it starts to rain. Now, I figure a morphine injector has to be in one of those medical tents (this was a while ago, I didn't know any better), so all I have to do is find them.

I spend about an hour crawling through the rain, stopping every once in a while to crawl into the woods and light up a campfire for a few seconds so I don't freeze to death because I can't run. (Not to mention I get about halfway to Dubrovka on my belly in the dark because a flashlight would just make me bandit bait.) The moon briefly breaks through when the rain stops and I get a view of my bearings through binoculars, so I crawl back into town and I think I'm close to the hospital I saw earlier. Except...you know...for the sky full of graphical artifacts that make it impossible to look directly at the hospital.

I crawl and roll around it in circles for a couple more hours through wandering zombies and finally get to Berezino hospital where a morphine injector is waiting for me.

• Like 1

ALT + f4ing while a bandit was shooting me.

Unimpressive

Invisible dude placed satchel charge logged off ate came back the place was blown up. I avoiding losing all my good gear. If I see a hacker I log off so I don't rage 5 minutes later.

• Like 2

I was walking from the church to the hospital in electro between buildings when i made my way under the garage that connects to the street infront of the hospital. the sound of a m249 singing started up outside the hospital. i backed up in between the buildings and gathered my thoughts as the m249 seemed to be endless with ammo. the m249 paused briefley and i heard the sound of vehicles on the main street pulling up in front the hospital. I peaked around the corner to see 2 black escalades and four ghillies at the hospital. the one behind the main counter began singing with the m249 out the glass and a pile of dead zombies lay out front. i tossed a smoke through the garage area infront the hospital as diversion and made my around the south end of the building. popped a warning shot with the lee enfield at a ghillie and hijacked an escalade. all i heard on direct was you mother F***er and i gunned it onto the main road heading north pressed alt saw the other escalade behind me not giving up. checked the debug saw i had a bandit kill and realized the warning shot had taken out their buddy. i ran the escalade out of gas just past nizhnoye and hoofed it on foot towards the woodline ghilies jumped out of thier vehicle and opened up. i serpetined further into the woods taking a hit dropping me to the ground the men refuel'd the other escalade and took off back towards electro. I bandaged and sat their with a broken leg for a few minutes and figured that was it for me seeing how i never made it into the hospital for med supplies. crawled back down to nizhnoye and let the zombies have their way with me only lost a lee enfield and two pepsi's not to bad.

• Like 2

I was getting shot by a guy with an M249 in Cherno near the fire station. When I heard the shots, I ran around and saw bodies behind the station. I jumped to the ground and placed my body in this pile of 3. The guy came out of the station from the backdoor and didn't notice. Once he passed me, I used up my whole AK-74 mag on him. Grabbed his gear and was on my way again. Just another day in Chernarus.

Climbed ladder to roof of Elektro firestation. Looted a dead body, then started to head back down. Got on the ladder, then my dumbass character decided to get back on top, so when I pressed "S" to go down the ladder, he walked off the roof. Sat there passed out bleeding for five minutes. Awoke with ~300 blood left, broken legs, shock, bleeding. Bandaged up, used morphine. Worked my way out of the city into the forest just north of the firestations, passing out several times along the way. Got there, ate all the food I had left. Still had ~2900 blood. Looked around the countryside for animals as I continually passed out. Found a rabbit, ~3700 blood after eating rabbit steak. Found a cow, 10,175 blood. Found a goat later on, refilled my health to 12,000 and got my food count back up.

Took me several hours to recover from that. I am now alive and well, on the same life, with 12,000 blood, on day 57. I thought I was finished when I walked off the roof. I spent a few minutes punching myself as I waited for recovery. I want to read more stories!

Edited by omgwtfbbq
  • Like 1

just today i were trying to find parts to fix up a car i found i was traveling between cherno and elektro and went inside a workshop building not knowing i had zombies after me and when i realized i tried to get out the other door which wouldn't open so i opened up into the zombies finally getting rid of them (or so i thought) just as i was bandaging up one more runs in and hits me breaking my leg so instantly i opened up into that one. After patching up and realizing i had left my morphine in the car i had found to make room for parts i decided i would have to get to cherno so i crawled for a good hour passing out every 2 seconds and finaly got to the hospital at the residential buildings only to find it had been looted and stripped clean i went to the back to go up the ladders and was lucky enough to find morphine on the floor in front of the ladders i was better but not out of the hot water yet i stood up and ran as fast as i could out of town not stopping to look i went into the hills to loose the zombies i needed to get back to the car because i had cooked meat in there and i had 400 blood or something close to that.

As i got back to the car there were alot of zombies so i ran straight up to it and tried to get it it just wouldnt let me the same thing that happened with the door so i ran yet again and as i was running i heard gun shots hitting close to me so i started zig-zagging and while i was running i was looking trying to see where the shooter was and while doing so i noticed the bullets were not aimed at me rather the zombies chasing me after they had all been killed and i was safe i didnt know what to do weather to get away or stop to say thanks so the good willed person in me said stay so i did, only to find it was a friend of mine neither of us could believe it and from there he give me a blood transfusion and we skipped into cherno looking for car parts happily ever after

THE END :D

• Like 1

Oh yes.

TL;DR.

I was in a gunfight with three other players near Black Lake a few weeks ago.

I was driving my ATV down there and hopped out to look for the UAZ that supposedly spawns there.

Suddenly, I hear the crack of an M107 go right past my head. I immediately went prone and rolled behind a tree.

I sprinted towards my ATV and get on it, speeding away. They begin unloading an M107, M4A3 CCO and an M249 SAW in my direction. The M4 guy hits me and I start bleeding; moments later the ATV flips [i eject straight away] and flips into Black Lake.

I take cover behind one of the rocks and bandage myself up, then eat some cooked meat to restore health.

I was outgunned. All I had was an SVD Camo and an M4A1 CCO SD.

But, I had some satchel charges. I place one down near my position. I then fire a few shots in their general direction, and then move away.

Luckily, as I had expected, the M249 SAW guy try to rush me...let's just say his remains where in the lake after I touched off the bomb. ;]

One down, two to go. I have three RGO Grenades and five smoke grenades [which spawn in the UAZ]. What to do with them, I wondered.

In a few seconds I came up with an idea. My only chance of survival and their elimination was to flank. I throw all five smoke grenades to the right [where I want to go] and then two RGO grenades in that direction, so the explosion would put them off and they'd run around, away from there.

With the smoke as my cover, I sprint.

[basically, picture a cat and mouse chase around Black Lake].

I have the element of surprise, so it was my time to strike.

I see one player [which I later found out his name was 'eXiLe!'] and I quickly switch to my SVD Camo. 351 metres; an easy shot. I take him out without a sweat. Headshot, hell yeah.

But then there's the M4A3 CCO guy. His gun is superior to mine, damage wise, considering mine is silenced.

Only problem is, I can't find him.

So I make a stupid but rewarding decision; I decide to run through the trees, away.

Unknown to me, I run RIGHT past him. He turns around and starts spraying bullets into my direction. Some hit trees, but one hit my leg and broke it. I was't bleeding, thankfully [not sure how, but why question such a fortunate event?].

I'm out of ammo for my CCO SD, and I'm too close to the hostile to use my SVD.

My only option is the G17. I knew that, if I did not get headshots, he would eradicate me with such ease.

My legs are broke, so all I can do is roll. We know exactly where each of us are.

Because it was a 1st person only server, we couldn't third person it around the trees, thus we were forced to use prior knowledge.

"Fuck it," I say.

I roll out to the right, aim towards where his head would be and fire.

Jackson was killed

So that is pretty much it. I took down three other players in an intense battle. B)

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

I'm in Berezino on a nighttime raid for some food and medical supplies - about 2am, I kitted out with NVGs, Ghille (saved my life) M14 and silenced M9... I'm careful, but I'm crouch walking between buildings when first one, then two then three people come around a corner. I'm in the middle of the open gravel area in the lumber mill - it's dark but the moon's out. They don't have NVGs (also saved me) but it only takes them a couple of seconds to see me - I think out of shock I freeze and wait to see what happens.

They open fire first with AKs and M4s - terrible shots but I guess the muzzle flash puts them off. I fire a few shots their way while legging it round the corner - run through the school and out the back under a tree in some grass prone. So these three proceed to round the side of the school not 10 meters away, carefully looking for me. Keep coming past me and once they're past me I crouch, pop all three in the back - or at least try. I'm shaking so much my aim is off and I only get two of them - I'm not sure if I get the third.

I prone once again as zombies come around towards me - but the last guy is spraying his AK everywhere towards me, dirt spitting up around my general area. He attracts all the zombies to him and he goes down. I pop up and shoot another mag into his direction as he goes down and finally dies. I go prone again, using my M9SD to kill the remaining zombies around me. Somehow, none of them had hit me at all - I've lost a few thousand blood to zombies but that's all. I check their bodies but they don't have anything I want apart from a few stray DMR mags I guess they picked up along the way. I hide their bodies and run to a nearby hill. My hands are shaking so much I have to log and recover for a while... This is the DayZ I love!

My next best was with a hacker. Berezino is quiet, ghost town. About 1km away, in the middle of three fir trees very close together, I'm prone, checking out the lie of the land, looking for zombies and telltale signs of enemy players. DMR and M14 M9SD, Ghille - it's the late afternoon. I take a quick break from the computer to get a drink and come back, put my headphones on and sit down - only to hear a ruslting sound. I'm thinking "Is that someone moving next to me or the trees moving in the wind? Or maybe it's an animal!" I'm confident nobody could have found me simply because it's impossible to see me in a ghille in the middle of those three big trees, lying prone. I change to 3DP, looking around - and directly to my characters right, I see a gun muzzle and a sight - NOT MINE.

I jump up out of the bush and empty a full M14 mag into the guy - 20 rounds into his head and chest at point blank range. He dies after the first few rounds but I'm freaking out. I pause to check the surrounding area, then start to loot his body. What do I see?

- M240 SCOPED

- CAR HORN

Tons of other hacked gear but these are the two that I see first and get my interest. My guess is that this guy teleports to players, hits the horn to freak them out and then kills them. Only - he teleported to me and couldn't find me. He knew I was in there but he couldn't see me! I grab his GPS and immediately ALT+F4 - only just in time too. The last thing I see as I'm reaching for ALT+F4 is the kill feed rapidly spamming tons of names - I got out just in time!

• Like 1

*cough* pussy *cough

Totally Agree

mine was i was raiding berizino single handed and i went into the market and next thing i knew alot of shots were fired at me.. so i layed down and stayed very still.. i managed to lay there for 10 minutes and they never came to investigate

TLDR: i acted dead for a long time and got away without even being hit

Nice - Did you have a gille?

I'm in Berezino on a nighttime raid for some food and medical supplies - about 2am, I kitted out with NVGs, Ghille (saved my life) M14 and silenced M9... I'm careful, but I'm crouch walking between buildings when first one, then two then three people come around a corner. I'm in the middle of the open gravel area in the lumber mill - it's dark but the moon's out. They don't have NVGs (also saved me) but it only takes them a couple of seconds to see me - I think out of shock I freeze and wait to see what happens.

They open fire first with AKs and M4s - terrible shots but I guess the muzzle flash puts them off. I fire a few shots their way while legging it round the corner - run through the school and out the back under a tree in some grass prone. So these three proceed to round the side of the school not 10 meters away, carefully looking for me. Keep coming past me and once they're past me I crouch, pop all three in the back - or at least try. I'm shaking so much my aim is off and I only get two of them - I'm not sure if I get the third.

I prone once again as zombies come around towards me - but the last guy is spraying his AK everywhere towards me, dirt spitting up around my general area. He attracts all the zombies to him and he goes down. I pop up and shoot another mag into his direction as he goes down and finally dies. I go prone again, using my M9SD to kill the remaining zombies around me. Somehow, none of them had hit me at all - I've lost a few thousand blood to zombies but that's all. I check their bodies but they don't have anything I want apart from a few stray DMR mags I guess they picked up along the way. I hide their bodies and run to a nearby hill. My hands are shaking so much I have to log and recover for a while... This is the DayZ I love!

My next best was with a hacker. Berezino is quiet, ghost town. About 1km away, in the middle of three fir trees very close together, I'm prone, checking out the lie of the land, looking for zombies and telltale signs of enemy players. DMR and M14 M9SD, Ghille - it's the late afternoon. I take a quick break from the computer to get a drink and come back, put my headphones on and sit down - only to hear a ruslting sound. I'm thinking "Is that someone moving next to me or the trees moving in the wind? Or maybe it's an animal!" I'm confident nobody could have found me simply because it's impossible to see me in a ghille in the middle of those three big trees, lying prone. I change to 3DP, looking around - and directly to my characters right, I see a gun muzzle and a sight - NOT MINE.

I jump up out of the bush and empty a full M14 mag into the guy - 20 rounds into his head and chest at point blank range. He dies after the first few rounds but I'm freaking out. I pause to check the surrounding area, then start to loot his body. What do I see?

- M240 SCOPED

- CAR HORN

Tons of other hacked gear but these are the two that I see first and get my interest. My guess is that this guy teleports to players, hits the horn to freak them out and then kills them. Only - he teleported to me and couldn't find me. He knew I was in there but he couldn't see me! I grab his GPS and immediately ALT+F4 - only just in time too. The last thing I see as I'm reaching for ALT+F4 is the kill feed rapidly spamming tons of names - I got out just in time!

Nice - I was in a Server and all the sudden I was teleported to a beach with about 20 something guys all looking stunned - 1 Guy was spamming a DMR so I figured he was the hacker - I use a XBX Controller so ALT 4 isnt as fast for me and I died along with about 15 guys - I don't like hackers on my server but sometimes I cant help but laugh when things like this happen, I have to get a recording software to catch some of these incidents - Nice Story

I was walking from the church to the hospital in electro between buildings when i made my way under the garage that connects to the street infront of the hospital. the sound of a m249 singing started up outside the hospital. i backed up in between the buildings and gathered my thoughts as the m249 seemed to be endless with ammo. the m249 paused briefley and i heard the sound of vehicles on the main street pulling up in front the hospital. I peaked around the corner to see 2 black escalades and four ghillies at the hospital. the one behind the main counter began singing with the m249 out the glass and a pile of dead zombies lay out front. i tossed a smoke through the garage area infront the hospital as diversion and made my around the south end of the building. popped a warning shot with the lee enfield at a ghillie and hijacked an escalade. all i heard on direct was you mother F***er and i gunned it onto the main road heading north pressed alt saw the other escalade behind me not giving up. checked the debug saw i had a bandit kill and realized the warning shot had taken out their buddy. i ran the escalade out of gas just past nizhnoye and hoofed it on foot towards the woodline ghilies jumped out of thier vehicle and opened up. i serpetined further into the woods taking a hit dropping me to the ground the men refuel'd the other escalade and took off back towards electro. I bandaged and sat their with a broken leg for a few minutes and figured that was it for me seeing how i never made it into the hospital for med supplies. crawled back down to nizhnoye and let the zombies have their way with me only lost a lee enfield and two pepsi's not to bad.

Very nice - How was the drive in the Esc smooth? Nice chose on dying, I would have too

Me and my buddy are cycling along a dirt road when we come across 4 guys running along. Me and my friend are geared up pretty much fully (m14, nvg, gps, DMR loads of ammo etc), all I needed to have literally everything was a pair of range finders. Anyway, I say as we cycle past “don’t shoot, we’re friendly” (although I was in a ghillie) so I get shot anyway, and I’m knocked out on my bike but I am still able to control it. So we cycle across the field getting shot at and into some tree’s where we get off the bikes (I had recovered from taking the shot, although I was on low blood).

We pull out our sniper rifles, I had a DMR, friend had an M107. And we see the guys fighting off the zombies they aggro’d by shooting at us. We then proceed to kill all of them (amazingly none of them alt+f4). I hop on the bike to go loot their bodies, and the server conks out, it’s reset.

We log back into the server to carry on with our cycling and bam, literally right in my face there are two freshly spawned crashed heli sites on the field we crossed to escape the bandits a minute ago. Our two bikes had morphed into a dirt bike which had full fuel.

I looted the crash sites, but unfortunately nothing there to help us other than ammo and med supplies.

The best part of the story is that, had those guys not shot at us, we would have continued on and missed the heli’s on server restart, those guys would have had them all to themselves. The guns there didn’t help me and my friend, but it would have helped anyone that wasn’t 100percent geared up.

Another one :

Me and 2 friends where coming out of cherno (infact, this is the same character as the previous story) and we see a white pickup speed past on the road, heading towards Elektro, we decide to head to Elektro in a hope we can take it. Yeah, we’re not that friendly. So as we’re running past Cap Golova lighthouse, two guys with MK48’s jump off a quadbike behind us and start spraying towards us, we all dive to the ground I fire two shots with my M14 and get them both in the head. Two bandit kills. Lots of loot, a quadbike and none of us took a hit. So, we loot the stuff we want (again, not much, just food, med and someone took an mk48). We turn to carry on to Elektro and we see that same pickup truck speeding towards us.

I tell my friends to get down but instead one of them decides to start shooting at the truck (!?), he gets run over. Me and my other friend jump onto the quad bike to escape but the white pick-up truck guy gets out and snipes my friend (the driver) off the quadbike, it flips. I’m forced off and I have no escape. So, the pick-up truck driver speeds towards me, hits me at full speed but I don’t die, instead it breaks every bone in my body, makes me bleed, puts me in shock and knocks me out – oh, it also made me FLY ACROSS the whole map. I land somewhere, nothing is happening. My character is clearly in a very bad way, I have no idea where I landed – but I’m still alive with 11,000 blood (but falling rapidly). I wake up fix my wounds, low blood, mates are dead. Then, I get teleported by a hacker and blown up and die.

I was just back from searching the whole south coast for a car wheel to fix the white pickup truck west of zelenogorst.

Fixed the wheel, filled the tank (everything but wheels was red) and drove off to find some parts to repair the rest.

As i was 20m away from the barn i get shot at. I make my way through zelenogorst towards the south, hit some garbage, one tire is flat, i hear shots again and BOOM, i'm lying at the street with ~1700 blood.

Luckily i wasn't bleeding, so as soon as my timer was gone i crawled into the grass where i passed out again.

So i was lying next to my car wreck, waiting for that bastard or one of the countless zombies nearby to finish me, but nobody was coming for me.

When i woke up again i ate some meat to put me above 4000 blood and crawled into the woods.

I got sniped in the forest northwest of Cherno, the first shot missed so I started running... a couple shots later and the guy hit me, it broke a leg and knocked me unconscious... but I fell behind a tree. I came to with around 1500 blood and managed to bandage myself. I then crawled through a black and white forest for close to 40 minutes, trying to get around to where I thought the shots came from. Never found the guy, never got shot at again... and I was pretty thorough about checking the area.

I eventually crawled all the way back into Cherno to get morphine, and witnessed a shootout take place in the apartments right across the street from the hospital. I snuck around back and fortunately there was a medical box at the base of the ladder, so I patched myself up and booked on out of there.

It took a full two days of scrounging for canned food before I finally found a box of matches in Berezino, and a cow in the orchard nearby finally got me back to full health.

That character lasted for another 19 days when a hacker wiped out everyone on the server. I had racked up near 600 zombie kills and 2 murders, 3 self-defense murders, and 2 bandit kills. Haven't really had a good survival adventure like that since then.