rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

You don't get it.

We are all being punished cause of what some assholes did (the meta-exploiters) But' date=' this shouldn't be. Why am I gonna get punished and my char made vulnerable because of that?

I blame the people that complain, because they are the ones that made this happen.

[b']You don't see me boohoo'n.

Oh, this is funny!

Hey, you realise if you go prone in a bush in a forest, your character will basically never die to zombies or players?

I was responding to the next guy.

Then why were you quoting me? You horrible' date=' awful person.

[/quote']

I was quoting them, quoting you.....

Derp..

At least, I think so. My reality is kind of like the tide. In one minute, out the next and rarely at the same level.

The term CoD kid or Kiddie is coined because these people exist.

I guess you guise haven't been around for the last 7 or so years' date=' but games pretty much suck dick now.

Thanks CoD and CoD kiddies.

Nevertheless, this thread is not about that. I just made mention and you guise are egging it on. You still have not made any valid arguments why the whole should be punished for the few.

I would think a lock on the game for 12 hours would be a nice compromise if you were to log out during a firefight, yes?

How hard would it be to have the central database lock the ID for 12 hours or so?

[/quote']

it is not punishment, it is simulating retiring or sleeping, resting etc.

it is a survival simulator with a twist of infected / zombies, 5 sec delay is meager, but better than nothing,

again in a real survival situation you pick your spot carefully and not just sit down only to find out that your next to a road you have overlooked because you did not check the side you did not come from.

you play it as a game i guess because in a simulation it would be more demanding, like checking your equipment and organizing stuff, cleaning your rifle and all that shit before you go to sleep.

would take an hour just to lay your head down irl i guess, so 5 sec ? that is nothing, that is really a game.

I would think a lock on the game for 12 hours would be a nice compromise if you were to log out during a firefight' date=' yes?

How hard would it be to have the central database lock the ID for 12 hours or so?

[/quote']

How's the database supposed to know when you're in a firefight or not?

exactly. too many losing connections then lost sessions for something like that. i guess the thought process is here what better way to make everyone else quite playing the game then ill be the only one left! no getting pked for me!

I agree that disconnecting to avoid being killed must be prevented.

However' date=' what people are failing to recognize are the situations where you are, say, running away from a zombie (luring it away from others, so you can kill it without aggroing them) and get booted because the server considered your ping too high.

Or, when you are prone in a zombie infested area and the admin kicks you because he needs space for his friends.

Or, when you are in Cherno looting some house and the game and you need to bio (don't say I'm the only one playing and avoiding nature's call for way too long for it to be healthy :P).

etc.

These are the situations that worry me, because I often find myself in them, especially the ping boot (American servers tend, for some reason, to suck in the early hours (at least for me).

Five seconds with a zombie clawing at you, especially since Rocket has said he will make them hit harder, is enough to ruin days of gaming...

And, as it has been said before, it won't prevent people from ducking for cover and disconnecting.

Anyways, that's my take on it and if those concerns are addressed, I'll be all for this measure.

Cheers,

Fluca

[/quote']

I've never been kicked for having too high of a ping, but then I choose servers for low ping. You should probably do the same since high ping clients lag zeds and loot for anyone else that comes near them.

If an admin kicks you for one of their friends, report it to the forum. That behavior is expressly forbidden.

And if I need to go to the bathroom, I find bush to hide in for a few minutes. If it is going to take long enough that I need to log out, I still find a bush and hide in it before I log out.

What you think are issues should really be non-issues.

I agree that disconnecting to avoid being killed must be prevented.

However' date=' what people are failing to recognize are the situations where you are, say, running away from a zombie (luring it away from others, so you can kill it without aggroing them) and get booted because the server considered your ping too high.

Or, when you are prone in a zombie infested area and the admin kicks you because he needs space for his friends.

Or, when you are in Cherno looting some house and the game and you need to bio (don't say I'm the only one playing and avoiding nature's call for way too long for it to be healthy :P).

etc.

These are the situations that worry me, because I often find myself in them, especially the ping boot (American servers tend, for some reason, to suck in the early hours (at least for me).

Five seconds with a zombie clawing at you, especially since Rocket has said he will make them hit harder, is enough to ruin days of gaming...

And, as it has been said before, it won't prevent people from ducking for cover and disconnecting.

Anyways, that's my take on it and if those concerns are addressed, I'll be all for this measure.

Cheers,

Fluca

[/quote']

I've never been kicked for having too high of a ping, but then I choose servers for low ping. You should probably do the same since high ping clients lag zeds and loot for anyone else that comes near them.

If an admin kicks you for one of their friends, report it to the forum. That behavior is expressly forbidden.

And if I need to go to the bathroom, I find bush to hide in for a few minutes. If it is going to take long enough that I need to log out, I still find a bush and hide in it before I log out.

What you think are issues should really be non-issues.

what if your internet connection goes out? thats happened to me plenty of times...

Hey iv got a crazy idea !! Why dont you post in the right forum with your suggestions.

I know crazy right :O One guy even got a nice reply from rocket on his idea rather than having it lost in this endless thread that no one reads :) Let the developers get on with it and stop asking for things.

Cant wait to see the new mocap zombies !! Excited !!

@Bill Murray

Sorry, but no.

You realise that there are people all over the world playing this mod, right? Now check how many servers there are for every continent and know that a low ping is not always possible and/or sustainable, regardless of the type and speed of connection one has.

As for admin kicking, you can report it, but how will you prove it and worse, the damage will already have been done.

As for the bathroom break, I guess I really must be the only one to have been through that, unlucky me...

Cheers,

Fluca.

P.S.: I feel bad for laughing when you got killed in Zombieland :P

bathroom break it should be in game :D

i guess i am always in between the security of the trees when i go for a break

I don't think 5 seconds is enough. Maybe 30 seconds or 1 minute?

I can't be more because of... something with the server . Magic wazzermagickle.

I don't think 5 seconds is enough. Maybe 30 seconds or 1 minute?

People who cant finish reading a thread need a good slap.

There has already been a reason for 5 seconds posted. To avoid duplicates of the same player on the server.

So it will never be more than 5 seconds until what, ARMA 3? This does not address it as long distance DCing will still occur. This might help every third encounter in CQC.

At least put an hourglass that has to go all the way down when you exit.

The game engine doesnt allow that.

5 seconds is plenty of time for a character thats just standing there. theres also the chance of bleeding out. Theres a good chance that if you're that far away the player would be able to heal themselves and get away anyway. I think 5 seconds is good. All these 30/60 second suggestions just wouldnt work.

So it will never be more than 5 seconds until what' date=' ARMA 3? This does not address it as long distance DCing will still occur. This might help every third encounter in CQC.

[/quote']

Chill, my friend! it's not all or nothing! It's an incremental update :) 5 seconds now and we see how it goes.

"[NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)"

WUT. About damn time

Now just need to wait for BIS to fix the night lighting. The current beta patch makes night time impossible, even if you adjust the video settings. NVG users are having alot of fun right now as they're the only ones that can see hehe.

Now just need to wait for BIS to fix the night lighting. The current beta patch makes night time impossible' date=' even if you adjust the video settings. NVG users are having alot of fun right now as they're the only ones that can see hehe.

[/quote']

This is not a bad thing. Facilitates the use of flares/chem lights/flashlight. This is how it should be. NVGs are rare, and very valuable. More-so now.

So it will never be more than 5 seconds until what' date=' ARMA 3? This does not address it as long distance DCing will still occur. This might help every third encounter in CQC.

[/quote']

Chill, my friend! it's not all or nothing! It's an incremental update :) 5 seconds now and we see how it goes.

Any solutions for the relocation exploit in the works?

[/quote']

You are a saint. I feel like a certain percentage of the forums posters must be head injury victims, sometimes.

Myself not withstanding.

Rocket I see you: [FIXED] Wire Spools, Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning

but to be honest I also haven't Sandbags spawn in a really long time, are these not spawning either? Will these be fixed as well? Can anyone confirm this as not spawning / bugged as well?

Rocket I see you: [FIXED] Wire Spools' date=' Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning

but to be honest I also haven't Sandbags spawn in a really long time, are these not spawning either? Will these be fixed as well? Can anyone confirm this as not spawning / bugged as well?

[/quote']

I saw a couple of them in stary sobor military tents, so i think they spawn. Toolboxes, on the other hand, haven't seen them in a loooong time

Rocket I see you: [FIXED] Wire Spools' date=' Toolboxes, hedgehog (tank trap) kits not spawning

[/quote']

I saw a couple of them in stary sobor military tents, so i think they spawn. Toolboxes, on the other hand, haven't seen them in a loooong time

I saw them last night as well ... can't speak to the toolboxes.

Joe

Can we at least keep this thread on topic, reading about totally non-related stuff in the thread, got boring tbh.

Keep the discussion on topic please!