rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Wth does that last sentence mean? Is that some Nordic language?

The implication being you and The Killing Joke are both romantically involved due to your adoration of scary clown men. :D

se0k5h.jpg

Just wondering - will 1.71 also include turning off hunger/thirst levels going down during offline time? I think (before the forum rollback) there was a thread linking to a post of Rocket saying that this will be fixed, can't find it anymore.

Just wondering - will 1.71 also include turning off hunger/thirst levels going down during offline time? I think (before the forum rollback) there was a thread linking to a post of Rocket saying that this will be fixed' date=' can't find it anymore.

[/quote']

+1

"* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)"

Great , now if I DC in the town , and if zombies find im in 5 seconds im fucked...

What if I lose connection when being chased by zombies , or in a firefight? It's like minecraft and that pvp logger shit...

Im not crying but to me , this has more down sides than just dc-ing..

Also like you're gonna know if the person you were tryign to kill disconnected or not , especially if you play in Hardcore servers...

I didn't have a problem before, people would DC on me so what ?

Did too much bandits cry about them not getting enough kills ??

"* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)"

Great ' date=' now if I DC in the town , and if zombies find im in 5 seconds im fucked...

What if I lose connection when being chased by zombies , or in a firefight? It's like minecraft and that pvp logger shit...

Im not crying but to me , this has more down sides than just dc-ing..

Also like you're gonna know if the person you were tryign to kill disconnected or not , especially if you play in Hardcore servers...

I didn't have a problem before, people would DC on me so what ?

Did too much bandits cry about them not getting enough kills ??

[/quote']

1. Don't DC in towns / cities thats just stupid.

2. How unstable is your connection that you lose connection to the sever? The only times ive been dc'ed from servers is when they reboot in which case its not a problem.

The implication being you and The Killing Joke are both romantically involved due to your adoration of scary clown men. :D

se0k5h.jpg

I LOL'd thinking of what you had to type into your search for that image. Or do you just have that sort of thing stored locally?

Unfortunately, fixes are applyed in hurry without thinking much about the consequence, following the idea of: "let's see what happens... you never know if it works", but in the meantime the things goes worse (see the bandit skin removal).

5 seconds isn't a big problem, i don't think it will cause any "unwanted" death.. but it's certainly not the correct way to handle this: you MUST have the control of your character during the disconnection timeout, you MUST have the possibility to abort it in case you notice a danger before.

Leaving the character in game without the direct user control is wrong on many levels, because now you're stuck:

1) 5 seconds wouldn't solve much: you still have ppl moaning because other ppl will disconnect during a firefight, just hiding somewhere;

2) You cannot increase those 5 seconds, because leaving the character uncontrolled is so much wrong;

Instead of applying wrong solution, why not waiting for the right one? The right one is nothing else than: soft quitting (using the quit command in-game) > a 15 seconds timer appears, if you move it resets; hard reset (alt+f4 or killing the process) > you remains in game for 15 seconds no matter what.

How about we just see where it goes with the 5 second timer. If you are shooting at someone, it should be enough to kill them in that time, so they have to think before doing it instead of instantly alt+f4. Unless people will actually be decent enough to not DC, this is a good solution for now. Sadly we can't force people to have the decency to sit out a fight and/or wait till the shock icon is gone. I personally hate DCing in a fight and prefer to wait and try to ambush my attackers, last time i almost got 3 kills by just waiting it out. Sadly the 3rd person killed me, but atleast i took 2 down with me.

Would also prefer to see a DC timer that you can stop (so no ghost on server, just a timer while you have control) but I'm quite sure that rocket is looking into other solutions aside from the 5s ghost.

* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)

This is the worst "fix" I've read so far. The hacker will be happy about this "fix", right now where people start to drop from the sky. A fast disconnect was the only chance to survive.

And what is with those laggy servers? A disconnect from a laggy server can take 15 - 20 seconds. Now with +5. Or what if someone is shooting at me while I log out and i didn't notice it because of the lags? That would not be the first time. It's a very bad update.

And it doesn't matter if people log off during a battle. They only "cheating" themselves. The only ones that can find this update great are those kiddies who hit nothing on the map.

We don't need this fix! Learn to aim properly and all will be good.

However, with the new update I don't play!

FOLKS ITS A MOTHERFARKING ALPHA!

Trial and Error is HOW it works. They are beholden to nobody.

Now on to important business: Any chance of an ETA? Cannot wait for this. So bored playing other games at the moment.

* [NEW] Player body exists for five seconds after disconnect (UNCONFIRMED IF WORKING)

This is the worst "fix" I've read so far. The hacker will be happy about this "fix"' date=' right now where people start to drop from the sky. A fast disconnect was the only chance to survive.

And what is with those laggy servers? [b']A disconnect from a laggy server can take 15 - 20 seconds. Now with +5. Or what if someone is shooting at me while I log out and i didn't notice it because of the lags? That would not be the first time. It's a very bad update.

And it doesn't matter if people log off during a battle. They only "cheating" themselves. The only ones that can find this update great are those kiddies who hit nothing on the map.

We don't need this fix! Learn to aim properly and all will be good.

However, with the new update I don't play!

I seriously can't stress how stupid you are. I mean no offence, but seriously? You must be the ones who take advantage of the exploit and shut down the game in nasty situations. Boo, gone with you! I think you'll do all us a favor by not playing.

Seriously May you say now Stop Crying but

Those Stupid Server lags are annoying

i do not want to play with 20 Fps i can only play on some French Cheesy Servers With 10 ppl on and ITs annoying

FR servers are the only servers with no lag but i want to play on EU because there are more players...

:@

I seriously can't stress how stupid you are. I mean no offence' date=' but seriously? You must be the ones who take advantage of the exploit and shut down the game in nasty situations. Boo, gone with you! I think you'll do all us a favor by not playing.

[/quote']

Did you read my post? I don't think so.

You are the one who should stop playing, if you don't understand my post.

se0k5h.jpg

I LOL'd thinking of what you had to type into your search for that image. Or do you just have that sort of thing stored locally?

I'LL NEVER TELL.

This update means that you can run into a building and close doors to hide from infected?

'see on eye direction not body direction', now that's neat. No more dangerless walking behind a zombie that sometimes 'looked' behind him but the body was still looking up front, so not taking note of you.

Any chance of patching out the multi-kill hacking thats going on? I'm sure the community would accept the extra day or so it takes to deal with, if it means their character is at least a little bit safer.

in the meantime the things goes worse (see the bandit skin removal).

What's the problem with the bandit skin removal you're talking about ?

Trying to not punish a certain gaming style, it disincentivate the other, so now we have the opposite problem and we're again finding a solution (1/4 of the forum posts are about it!). So IMO it doesn't make sense to apply a solution to find then a solution to the solution.. it would be better to calm down a bit, thinking, and then find something better.. rather than rushing without thinking to the consequence.

Trying to not punish a certain gaming style' date=' it disincentivate the other[/quote']

Sorry but have to disagree about that, removing the bandit skin was aiming for more realism imho, not trying to punish/help anyone :)

Trying to not punish a certain gaming style' date=' it disincentivate the other[/quote']

Sorry but have to disagree about that, removing the bandit skin was aiming for more realism imho, not trying to punish/help anyone :)

Really? Seemed to be alot of people complained about how getting the bandit skin after they murdered someone (sometimes in self-defence) caused other players to become hostile towards them. Apprantly the fix for this was to remove the skin so everyone is hostile to everyone regardless of how they look. Seems like a legit fix.

x-all-the-things-meme-generator-kill-all-the-things-7b86e0.jpg

Hello with the Beta patch..., Why cant i chat in the Group Channel??