rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

Tents are placeable. Currently, they can be placed about 1 - 2 meters away from small bushes and other similar objects, but the range around trees is RIDICULOUS (it's somewhere around 8 meters). I've been able to place a tent snuggled in 3 bushes so you can only see it from one angle, yet I can't place a tent next to a tree where you can see it from all angles.

TL;DR - Tents work as everyone has said, but the distance requirements are wonky.

Wha??? Broken bones? That's freaking hilarious :D

Don't walk too close to walls either. I was just sucked out through the tower wall of a fire station, and landed bleeding, and with broken bones, on the roof outside. I regained consciousness just in time to bandage and drug myself up so I could get out of there :).

The Chopper fuel leak needs fixing as someone already posted hope it to be in this patch to get meh baby flying!

Fuel leaks are part of the game. You will lose fuel if your tank is too damaged.

The Chopper fuel leak needs fixing as someone already posted hope it to be in this patch to get meh baby flying!

Fuel leaks are part of the game. You will lose fuel if your tank is too damaged.

yes they are but currently there is no way to repair the fuel tank of a chopper like you would a car etc

I seriously can't wait for these fixes to come out! Its going to be a real game changer making things a lot more stream lined not having to account for the unfortunate bugs (attacked through walls etc). Really interested in seeing how the hiding from zombies will work :D Keep up the good work Rocket hope you are handling the work load!

Night time wasn't intended to be played with fiddled graphics settings...

Even more unplayable with stock video settings. Go try it out yourself. :)

AFAIK road flares last five minutes each. You get ten to start with. That gives you 50 minutes of illumination. 50 minutes should be plenty of time to find more flares, or find chemlights which last one hour each and come in packs of 10 I believe. That's 10 hours of light for a single pack of chemlights. I wouldn't call it unplayable.

Rocket would lve to see some zombie spawn changes soon so people can start creating towns/safezones. Cities able to be captured wih zombies than spawning outside city.

Maybe some fortifications as well? Just throwing that out there. Thanks for ur hard work

Would love to see the equip-a-skin spawn-in-the-ocean bug this patch, it's the main reason I refuse to play 1.7

I have camo on at the moment and with NVGs that I've had for about 3 weeks.. don't really want to risk it.

Some nice changes there.

However personaly i'm holding off playing again until tents are properly fixed.

Looking better and better. Read through all 57 pages of this thread. My anticipation is at the boiling point :)

I always play with stock settings. Yeah it sounds like bulls**t but I'm being honest' date=' I'd rather have the excitement of night time rather than the boring eye-wounding monochrome of high-gamma/high-brightness (which not everyone knows about/does, so its automatically unfair).

Simply put - the mod wasn't developed for you to change your settings during the night time, night time exists so you can't see and adds a whole new element to the game - seeing clear-as-day around the clock would make the game boring in my opinion and remove a whole side of the game. You know flares? The bright red light things that you [i']spawn with? They're there for a reason too. If you don't want to be "one of those guys" who uses flares to light up the night landscape, I'm afraid there isn't much I or the devs or anyone can do for you - after all, you don't have built-in ocular brightness/gamma settings on your eyes in real life, do you :huh: ? (inb4 you have bionic eyes that can do this)

You know flares? The bright red light things that you spawn with? They're there for a reason too.

Yeah guys just use flares, did you know you can even pick them up and carry them, its like carrying a really powerful lantern!

*Loads sniper rifle*

Seriously, flares?

I always play with stock settings. Yeah it sounds like bulls**t but I'm being honest' date=' I'd rather have the excitement of night time rather than the boring eye-wounding monochrome of high-gamma/high-brightness (which not everyone knows about/does, so its automatically unfair).

Simply put - the mod wasn't developed for you to change your settings during the night time, night time exists so you can't see and adds a whole new element to the game - seeing clear-as-day around the clock would make the game boring in my opinion and remove a whole side of the game. You know flares? The bright red light things that you [i']spawn with? They're there for a reason too. If you don't want to be "one of those guys" who uses flares to light up the night landscape, I'm afraid there isn't much I or the devs or anyone can do for you - after all, you don't have built-in ocular brightness/gamma settings on your eyes in real life, do you :huh: ? (inb4 you have bionic eyes that can do this)

Nearly no one wants to play in the pitch dark, especially as easily availble light sources will just get you shot. People jumping to light timezones is a testerment to this, and puts even more load on struggling free server space.

Some nice changes there.

However personaly i'm holding off playing again until tents are properly fixed.

I'm doing the same. Up until three days ago I hadn't seen a single non-pitched tent on my 9 day character. I finally found one and decided to start hoarding some things. After spending an hour just trying to place the stupid thing, I ended up putting it in some out of the way (off the map) but not entirely hidden spot. Stashed a spare GPS, ghillie suit, ammo, mountain dew, and a few other tools in there. When I came back the next morning, everything but the ammo was gone. Someone must have found the tent due to it's poor placement, which is due to tent's buggy (awful) placement restriction.

So without the ability to stash some things away, there's really nothing to do on my character right now except snipe noobs or deathmatch. I'm bored.

It's funny when people say this.

Not everyone has your room ambient lighting, your monitor, your desktop settings or your graphics card.

There are a huge number of variables. That's why game companies started putting in adjustments like gamma in the first place.

I agree that once they are adjusted, people are ripping themselves off by making night time brighter... But face it, most people also fiddle with their settings to cut down shadows and terrain and whatever else for sniping, &c.

What about the RETRYING TO AUTHENTICATE error???

Should have alleviated with 1.7.0.

Nope...in fact I didnt have this problem until I loaded 1.7 (without arma2 beta). Been playing 1.6.0.1 becuase it got to the point that I couldnt join ANY servers.

Rember this is 5 seconds *without* the user control.. no game does this

Lots of games do this. Some turn your guy into a bot, forcing your character to fight with bad AI until it dies or loses aggro. Some do it the exact same way with your body idle on a timer.

What no game (that I have played~) has done is find a better solution to a d/c exploit that is common to many online games. Because this kinda sucks... In a perma-death environment I would rather have 500 guys exploit on me as I'm about to kill them than die even once due to an unlucky disconnect.

I'm confident that - as frustrating it has been to miss out on a kill because of a "cheater" - the game is better as is. That being said, I don't have a better idea, so I'll go ahead and shut up.

Rocket would lve to see some zombie spawn changes soon so people can start creating towns/safezones. Cities able to be captured wih zombies than spawning outside city.

Maybe some fortifications as well? Just throwing that out there. Thanks for ur hard work

This'd be cool - I've seen stuff like this (kinda) in other mods for ArmA which' date=' for instance, makes Taliban recapture a village after you've secured it (or at least try to). And they'll succeed if you lose the fight or leave the village. However I don't think the Taliban spawning system works the same way as the Zombies' system. We know that in the patch, zombies cannot spawn within 30m of a player - give or take a few depending on lag and how fast the player is moving. If you calculate the area of the perimeter of a tiny town - say, 5000m^2 (roughly hamlet size :c ) - and the area of the circle around a player in which zombies can't spawn - I believe the safe radius is 30m, so 30m^2 x pi =~ 2800m^2 - it would take at least two (5000 DIV 2800 + 1) perfectly positioned players to take and hold that tiny town's perimeter. Think of something considerably huger like Cherno, you do the maths, it's a fair old number of players. (SizeOfTown DIV 2800 + 1)

We can expand on this idea by saying things like players can "capture" [using the above system'] districts of a larger town and restrict the zombies' spawning area, and defend the district with things like placable cover - sandbags anyone?

If you think about it realistically you can see how difficult it would be to capture and defend any city/area where zombies spawn. You'd need defenses and armed guards to ward off any attacking zombies, and to keep tabs on players who are taking cover inside the defended perimeter. You'd also need to consider loot spawns, so a well organised group can't capture and hold say NW Airfield then just farm shiny loot. Another thing to consider is lighting - not much use holding a town that no one can see around during the night, and flares only last a set amount of time. Floodlights, campfires, and working streetlights it shall be! Of course the powered examples don't exist yet, but the world's your oyster.

Expanding further on this idea, we can create more complicated aspects of group play surrounding defense of areas. I saw in another thread the idea of roaming zombie hordes - I LOVE this idea personally. Just think of the teamwork you'd need to defend against a self-aware pack of 50 or 100 zombies.

(stuff)

Sorry I'm not quoting everything, I read all the counter argument(s). Yeah, carrying a flare like a derp can get you shot, and does most of the time. But if you want a really easy game with constant ambient lighting, why are you playing this? DayZ is the gritty zombie apocalypse game that is ruthless, perhaps even more so than the people who play it. You can't avoid not being able to see in real life, just as you can't avoid hunger or thirst (ok bad parallel, but you get the idea). Relying on gamma and brightness to cheat the game out of a challenge factor is just wrong in every aspect, if you ask me - some of you may not see it that way. Yeah Disgraced, a lot of people change settings to improve the performance of their game. I personally adjust my settings to give the most photorealistic and high-quality result that my hardware will allow. Some people prefer to take it to the absolute minimum in order to get the most performance out so that they can make the most of their ability - pro gamers do this, and there's nothing wrong with it. But changing settings in order to gain an unfair advantage like nightvision, that to normal players is ONLY obtainable with NVGs or flares or any other light source within the game that they were originally intended to use? That's just wrong.