rocket

Pending Update 1.7.1 Details

So after I install the beta patch how would i launch it after the new version of dayz if I use the Arma II launcher (version 1.4.0) to play?

find the location of the beta, arma 2, and arma 2 oa, under the launch options. then select the box next to "run beta"

Is there any way to make the beta patch work with steam' date=' or do I have to just leave it as a desktop shortcut

[/quote']

I did it the blunt way (mostly because I couldnt be arsed finding an alternative way to get the beta working with steam overlay).

> Installed the beta

> Went into Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/arma 2 operation arrowhead/Expansion/beta

> Copied the ddl folder + Expansion folder + arma2oa.exe

> Went back to the arma 2 operation arrowhead directory

> Pasted + Overwrote everything with the beta files.

Been doing this for a good month now and its worked great, but if you decide to try it my way I recommend backing up your original arma2oa.exe, dll and Expansion folders. Better safe than sorry.

So after I install the beta patch how would i launch it after the new version of dayz if I use the Arma II launcher (version 1.4.0) to play?

find the location of the beta' date=' arma 2, and arma 2 oa, under the launch options. then select the box next to "run beta"

[/quote']

Sweet found it, thank you!

Have we added pooping yet? I see outhouses EVERYWHERE in Chernarus. I say we should have to use em. Constant poopin' in the forest should lower humanity too.

Rocket, please(!), say something about female skins! We want to try new camouflage too!:(

"* [NEW] DayZ: Now with additional cruelty!. Spawn with only a bandage, painkillers, and a torch. "

Dayzgasm.

I just made a custom preset in SIX UPDATER to a random server that required beta and @dayz, then removed all the other mods it required from the preset. I then ticked the beta tickbox on my game profile. Since then I've been able to right click the preset, update mods and update bisigns, and forever have easymode beta + @dayz update.

Have we added pooping yet? I see outhouses EVERYWHERE in Chernarus. I say we should have to use em. Constant poopin' in the forest should lower humanity too.

lol

Are you asking a roll of toilet paper to be included as an item?

Anyone in cherno?

Friendly?

Do you have some TP?.....No? ....where does it spawn?

Bam!!

Dam, I was shot dead looking for TP? ....lol

Dam' date=' I was shot dead looking for TP? ....lol

[/quote']

More like shot dead FOR the TP ;) Also, how hilarious would it be to come upon your tent only to see someone stole all your ammo and replaced it with 99 rolls of toilet paper. Priceless.

thats why i carry around an empty tin can at all times

Dam' date=' I was shot dead looking for TP? ....lol

[/quote']

More like shot dead FOR the TP ;) Also, how hilarious would it be to come upon your tent only to see someone stole all your ammo and replaced it with 99 rolls of toilet paper. Priceless.

lol!

Im sure bandits would take their crap to all those lakes at north and make impossible to refill a canteen

* [NEW] Heartbeat when cursor on a player with very low humanity (heart beats faster the lower it is)

The only thing I disagree with so far... more noob-aid.

Anyways, I could see it becoming an issue in the future. No need to go on veteran servers anymore for us hardcore players. Just go on any server, scan a treeline, and wait for a fucking heartbeat.

But, can't knock it until I see how it goes.

I think you can hear it only at very close ranges (about 5m??)

Thumpa-thumpa-thumpa shootit!

fabricated by you.

I am curious as to how much the beat 'rate' scales. I know that before the humanity freeze I managed to rack up over 150,000 negative humanity defending various places for legion from random survivors as a sniper and overwatch. That is, before legion turned full retard.

..And before you go rage on me, I don't shoot people randomly while scavenging. Infact I die quite a bit because I hold fire in beanwars. Sometimes I even run around without a gun after loading up on supplies from the hospital, then see how far I can go sneaking up on people and medding them, before I get shot in the face. Usually 1-2 encounters is my record, as people just see a person and go 'AAA SHOOTIT'

thats why i carry around an empty tin can at all times

No wonder that Frank & Beans that I found tasted strange.

fabricated by you.

probably same range with direct comm range - im pulling out of my ass but maybe

fabricated by you.

probably same range with direct comm range - im pulling out of my ass but maybe

Direct comm range is further than 5 meters, especially with the beta patch (which doubled or tripled it )

Really think you should give new starters at least a water bottle... pretty sure it's easy to find one of those in RL.

40m ?

About that. Rocket hasn't specified any range besides, and if you'd ever played on normal or easy servers way back when you'd know 'cursor over' distance is very large (greater than viewdistance).

Need melee weapons.