Sign in to follow this  
JacksApple

can someone give me a list of vehicles that actually save?

I heared there were a few vehicles that still save sometimes. And if so, can someone let me know? Im tired of seeing good shit everywhere, and no where to put it cause i have no room..

I don't actually think, on most servers that are up on 1.7.2.5, that any vehicle actually saves. On few servers save vehicles, most of which don't actually restart [the restart on most servers causes the vehicles to be reset].

If you're looking to get some vehicles on a server that actually saves, go back to 1.7.2.4. That's what I did, and its a lot of fun being able to fly a chopper for a few days.

Edited by Inception.

Patch 1.7.2.5 = Vehicle locations are all that save.

Vehicle inventory, Tents, Tent Inventory, Dropped Backpacks, all these DO NOT save after a server restart.

• Like 1

I don't actually think, on most servers that are up on 1.7.2.5, that any vehicle actually saves. On few servers save vehicles, most of which don't actually restart [the restart on most servers causes the vehicles to be reset].

If you're looking to get some vehicles on a server that actually saves, go back to 1.7.2.4. That's what I did, and its a lot of fun being able to fly a chopper for a few days.

Should i downgrade to .4 before joining a .4 server?

Patch 1.7.2.5 = Vehicle locations are all that save.

Vehicle inventory, Tents, Tent Inventory, Dropped Backpacks, all these DO NOT save after a server restart.

New tents seem to save. Old ones do not

1.7.2.5 still doesnt save..

we had downgraded our server to test the theory and lost a chopper and 2 vehicles

1.7.2.4 same issue

Edited by TheChooch

New tents seem to save. Old ones do not

Correct, a new pitched tent will save only ONCE. We can manage to ge a bicycle or bike saved randomly, seems to save after the first restart but disappears to spawn after the next restart again so fucknose on that. Could not be bothered to fix a vehicle at this stage though.

We have a White Hilux on our server that we've named the Buddha Truck because it occasionally sticks around after a restart, or some other vehicle we have before a restart morphs into a Hilux after the restart but generally only this one vehicle seems to have any semblance of normality and....it seems to be dealing with a lot of quantum temporal instability in regards to where it shows up, or why...but it generally shows up.

Also for more interesting vehicle stuff

3 bikes in a warehouse = motorcycle after a restart

Bus almost always = Bike after restart

GAZ = ATV after restart

But not always in that specific combonation...and, only in the Bus/Bike case, will you find the Bike in the exact position the Bus was in before the restart, the other situations are something akin to alchemy or magic, not sure why they happen, but put the right components together and you transmute them into something else with a server restart.....just they usually end up parked in an entirely different place in the area your original vehicle/vehicles were parked.

Weird stuff, funny, but, getting somewhat tiresome too.

Cheap ass broke fkn game , but hey they dont care ,Arma copies are being sold , the idea was great but so stupid ,1st you should kick BE , they are retarded . And the list goes on after that ..... ssshhhisssh games these days only want the cash with cheap products , i thought this had potencial , till i GOT A FKN GLOBAL BAN FOR NO FKN REASON .

Nooobody respond to the angry guy. It will only lead to warning points and unpleasantries.

Cheap ass broke fkn game , but hey they dont care ,Arma copies are being sold , the idea was great but so stupid ,1st you should kick BE , they are retarded . And the list goes on after that ..... ssshhhisssh games these days only want the cash with cheap products , i thought this had potencial , till i GOT A FKN GLOBAL BAN FOR NO FKN REASON .

What the fuck are you even saying?

Also, tents save 100% for me. I just make sure I place them on flat ground away from any objects like trees. Ever since I did that I haven't had a problem.

Also, tents save 100% for me. I just make sure I place them on flat ground away from any objects like trees. Ever since I did that I haven't had a problem.

yeah same, i can also save vehicles on multiple different servers no problem... but then again I've never had a single artifacting issue either. who knows

• Like 1

Should i downgrade to .4 before joining a .4 server?

Yes.

If you back up both your .4 and .5 files in different, distinguishable folders, it takes only seconds to revert between the two if you wish to.

you lucky pr

I spent like the first 5 weeks of this game enduring that. Then I fixed it by downloading catalyst control centre and changing a few settings. I rarely ever see it anymore and when I do I just hold shift and type -flush and it goes away.

• Like 1

No problems with vehicles as yet. I usually spam save them 10 or 15 times and that seems to work

I spent like the first 5 weeks of this game enduring that. Then I fixed it by downloading catalyst control centre and changing a few settings. I rarely ever see it anymore and when I do I just hold shift and type -flush and it goes away.

Have CCC, just got the latest one as well. Flush has never worked for me, sometimes changing video from high to highest or highest to high fixed it, until I came back after leaving the area. Damn you!

I can confirm vehicles and tents work just fine on my server.

As i see it its different from server to server, but most Official servers got issues atm.

Right now, private server seems like the way to go :) untill rocket and the team gets a grib on the official hive.

As i see it, a complete wipe of the DB in 1.7.3 is required to make the game balanced again.

And as this is an alpha, wipping the DB should happen at every MAJOR (big game changes) patch tbh, to clean up after all the hacks, duppes and spawns.