Obsolescence

Stop saying "friendly" and immediately trusting me

Stop saying Ninja Scroll, I'm trying to forget that it will be out in Bluray format NEXT MONTH.

:wub:

I will shoot you. No talking, no questions and no plan- I will simply shoot you. Everyone is a target and everyone is an easy target including elitist like myself.

I started on the bottom left of the map yesterday, quickly got my bearings and headed to the nearest town. Crawled my way around and got rather lucky with a few cans of food and drink, found matches a mind a knife. I went to the next town over near Banota and headed to the mini port there. I saw some survivors crawling their way to the big barn type structure I spoke to both stating my friendly intentions, to which they both replied theirs. I jokingly said "we're all friendly until we get a gun" and ran passed them ignoring the zeds to grab the useful stuff before them, I got an axe. The others were soon in the building but I was happy to just leave as now I could get my own food, good decisions so far. I noticed one player heading along the coast with a train of zeds in the direction of Banota airstrip so I raced slightly in land working my way to the airstrip. I got there fairly quickly, killed a zed with my axe and quickly checked the airport control tower, nothing, moved to hangars, found an al and some mags, crawled along to the shed next to hangar. I spotted a survivor running in my direction with a shotgun, seemed to be heading off to the hanger, don't think he saw me. I shot hI'm just incessant looted some beans, headed to medic tents then headed inland. I had plenty of food and Drink, a gun, survival was looking good. I avoided all civilization on the way north as I was sitting pretty until I came across a giant red and white tower on a hill in a forest, I was in two minds but I decided to check it out as I'd never seen this before. I scouted the perimeter, nothing amiss, moved in through the gate and into the tower where I found a ladder, I climbed it. Much to my horror at the top of that ladder, in the middle of nowhere was a survivor with a sHorry trained on me. I initiated a conversation asking if he was friendly, no response, asked him what he was upto, no response, I turned to go down the ladder as he hadn't shot me, nor I him, that's when he fired, when there was no chance I could retaliate, haha. NEVER TRUST ANYONE!

Edited by Terry Knutkins

Shit, these people are crazy. I bet if they don't find a good loot spawn, they stay on the same server and go look somewhere else instead of logging into a different server at the same location.

Yah, cuz in the Z Apocalypse you'll be able to do this... Cheating pieces of crap! Doing things like server hopping to gear up, just to pop back and kill fresh spawns is just shit. You're not tuff, you're not skilled, you're a cheating piece of crap (really any different than a hacker/script kiddie? I dont think so). I will condone tent dupping because there are enough glitches in the game where you loose equipment as much as you gain it from tent duping. But server hopping for better loot is just a pussy way to go. IM(not so)HO.

Dear people. In-game actions cannot tell you what someone is like in real life. That is all.

I seen two DB's on the web cam, and one DB in playing... so I think your premise as quoted is wrong, by the evidence you provide.

I wear a bandit skin, but I don't shoot survivors without attempting to establish a friendly communication. If they are a potential threat and ignore my communication attempts, I kill them.

But what I mainly do is overwatch Cherno and Elektro for the new spawns. Not to shoot them, but help them get a foot hold.

An evil angel, some may call it. Sometimes if I see a new spawn in a jam with zombies, I'll help clear a path for him/her.

I'll watch other players and if a survivor is shooting new spawns or other survivors for no reason, I put them down.

Just last night I saw an unarmed survivor run into the firehouse scavenging. Another survivor with an AK ran up behind him and started shooting. I put a bullet in the back of his head. The unarmed survivor patched himself up, looted the other guy's gear and immediately left town.

Blah blah blah, you're awesome and you take advantage of people. You should start thinking how things could have been if you weren't hostile though.

Today I joined a server that had global chat, I asked if there was anyone friendly in cherno, got some replies, and before you knew it we were riding on a bus, and I was given an alice pack, a revolver and a dmr with 6 mags almost all tools and supplies.

We went around chernarus trying to help a guy repair his car and it was awesome.

Later I died because I got "inside" a well by exiting from a vehicle too close to said well, but that's another story ;P

I can refute your premise with three words: Suspension of disbelief.

I do not think that word means what you think it means. You're supporting my premise by reinforcing that it's not realistic. That's the basis of my point and why I say you get shot in the face in the game. It isn't real.

Just because you want it to be real, no matter how bad, doesn't make it so. And it certainly doesn't preclude others from seeing it for what it is, a game.

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

@Obsolescence

Why do you answer them "friendly" when you plan to kill them ? Are you feel like you did something exelent afther that ? Are you turning on on those kind of stuff ? Those ppl which tells you that are friendly will not shoot you even if you come and dont tell anything. But than you will teach them something.

If you say to them "friendly" just that you can kill them without fight than i am sorry but you dont have a clue to play game like this. You are just another loser which dont know to fight so he needs to lie others to be able to kill something. Do you also need to tell to cow that you are "friendly" so that you can kill cow ?

I could and would try to kill them anyway. The point is that if you reveal yourself as a player who trusts others then I can simply kill you, as I already planned on doing, but with less/no risk to myself. A cow presents no threat and never asks me if I'm friendly, so there is no advantage to saying anything to a cow. When you believe that I am friendly you become a cow: a cow that I can walk up to and execute without risk or danger.

I never said what I am doing in these circumstances is difficult or skillful. I suspect the people I killed also feel that I am a loser and no good at this game. I'm walking around with their shit and they're dead on the ground. In a game of survival, I believe that is known as "winning."

• Like 1

I use to say friendly all the time when encountering other players, now i just shoot anything that moves, i survive longer this way.

Weak. Is that because you're a backstabber?

Mine's Steve.C.

I'd love to put a round in you. Play a round with you, that is.

Edit: No internet tough guy. If I get killed in game, I deserve it or you're a coward. One of the two.

Really the big bad hero is calling us weak oh no!

My name is captainwaffled now COME AT ME

For the fourth time since I've been playing, a player said "friendly" to me. Sensing sincerity in their voice and actions, I said "friendly" back... and then proceeded to shoot them in the head when they weren't looking because they had things I needed (this situation only seems to occur when I'm a new spawn with nothing).

I'm writing this as a warning to new players. Just because someone (like me) has the survivor skin and not the bandit skin does not make them less dangerous. In game, I don't need your help and I don't care for your company. If you can't survive and equip yourself on your own then you could only drag me down. Even if you are self-sufficient, I have no need or use for you because I have no trouble equipping myself solo.

Until Rocket finds some way to make keeping you alive worth my while, expect to be shot on sight, unless you declare yourself friendly -- in which case I will take my time shooting you in the head so I don't have to listen to you whine and complain about it.

Welcome to DayZ. Never trust anyone you don't know in real life. Oh, and bring on the flames :)

P.S. This isnt a guilt thread. I was just hoping to warn new players that people like me are out there and your current strategies are not accounting for my bullets that are ending up in your brains.

Did those "friendlies" I shot in the head have honor? I swear I swiped almost every item off their dead corpse but I never saw any honor.

And I'm not a coward, I'm an opportunist. When you say, "friendly," I hear, "if you say friendly back to me, I'll turn around and let you shoot me in the head and take all my stuff."

I never had any intention other than killing you and taking your @#!*% . When you say, "friendly," it just presents me with a less risky method to the same end. A coward would run away. A coward would say, "friendly," because they're scared of losing their @#!*% . I was perfectly content to have a firefight and risk death. You just provided me with a better opportunity.

There is a trail of 'honorable' corpses in my wake, therefor, from my perspective 'honor' is not a selected trait in a post-apocalyptic zombie hellscape.

Again, I'm not a monster, I'm a pragmatic opportunist. I have no philisophical or moral qualms with cooperation or mutualism. I've played 900+ hours of L4D/2 in my lifetime (a game where cooperation and teamwork is essential). The problem is that in DayZ there is no benefit to cooperation with strangers, unless you are a newbie and can't handle your own @#!*% . If my goal is to live as long as possible or kill those who try to kill me, I literally have nothing to gain from grouping with strangers except an early death.

I partially think this is because survival is too easy and communication is too difficult. Nobody who has played more than a couple days dies from starvation or dehydration, and randomly bumping into strangers is not a good way to find like-minded individuals. Also, being able to change your player name at any time negates the ability to build a reputation as an @#!*% who should be shot on sight.

If in my experience, playing nice with others benefitted me more, believe me, I would be doing it.

Has it ever occurred to you that you could maybe, I don't, ask? I'd give you some gear.

Really the big bad hero is calling us weak oh no!

My name is captainwaffled now COME AT ME

?

?!

He wasn't even talking to you you goofy narcissist.

Obsolesence the only reason I would be friendly to you is so that we could murder a server twice as fast.

A bandit saw me while cooking meat, he startet shooting but he missed and I ran. He just wouldnt give upp and we ended upp inn a game of hide and seek inn a nearby village. That ended inn me just sprinting over a field towards the woods where my ghilly suit would render me nearly invisible innside a bush or some trees. But I heard him shooting again so I turned around and shot him inn the feet thinking "I will not kill a player! Ever!" wich is what I play by. He broke his feet just as planned but he got sorounded by zeds. That had followed him from the village because of him shooting. I heard his weapon click, so i guessed it was empty and took a chance. I do not want to cause the death or kill a player. So I shot the zeds, gave him morphine and bandaged him and even a blood transfusion. He was inn shock IRL. He couldnt belive I`d do that for someone that just tried to kill me. I gave him my gun with some ammo since I had 9 mags for my main wep. He equiped it, aimed at my head and said "I wont shoot you, we are even. Thank you for beeing nice, but you are to nice for your own good. Stop beeing so naive" then he went away and left me to my hunt for fresh water :)

I dont care, I`m on day 5 of living. I`ve had the chance of killing many many players, atleast 40 orso inn this life, but I dont. I like laying inn a hill using my bino`s to watch noobs getting killed by snipers and interesting firefights going on with my popcorn out. Why waste my own life for entertainment when I can watch others? xD

I guess I`m just a weirdo that rather get my kicks out of watching others kill and die then kill and die myself xD

• Like 2

Kill me, I call friendly and turn my back all the time, I'll even offer you a weapon to do it if you're lacking. It's your decision to be an ass.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. When it happens to me, I just talk to them over the mic while they murder me. Ask them if they are having fun. Doesn't matter to me, I don't care at all about gear. I'm just looking for some interesting player interaction, which is what this mod was supposed to be about (I thought), and nothing is less interesting than shooting each other. It's been done (here comes a pun) to death.

I want one of these hardcore bandits to kidnap me or rob me or anything that takes some thought beyond, "it's moving, shoot it."

For the fourth time since I've been playing, a player said "friendly" to me. Sensing sincerity in their voice and actions, I said "friendly" back... and then proceeded to shoot them in the head when they weren't looking because they had things I needed (this situation only seems to occur when I'm a new spawn with nothing).

I'm writing this as a warning to new players. Just because someone (like me) has the survivor skin and not the bandit skin does not make them less dangerous. In game, I don't need your help and I don't care for your company. If you can't survive and equip yourself on your own then you could only drag me down. Even if you are self-sufficient, I have no need or use for you because I have no trouble equipping myself solo.

Until Rocket finds some way to make keeping you alive worth my while, expect to be shot on sight, unless you declare yourself friendly -- in which case I will take my time shooting you in the head so I don't have to listen to you whine and complain about it.

Welcome to DayZ. Never trust anyone you don't know in real life. Oh, and bring on the flames :)

P.S. This isnt a guilt thread. I was just hoping to warn new players that people like me are out there and your current strategies are not accounting for my bullets that are ending up in your brains.

Did those "friendlies" I shot in the head have honor? I swear I swiped almost every item off their dead corpse but I never saw any honor.

And I'm not a coward, I'm an opportunist. When you say, "friendly," I hear, "if you say friendly back to me, I'll turn around and let you shoot me in the head and take all my stuff."

I never had any intention other than killing you and taking your shit. When you say, "friendly," it just presents me with a less risky method to the same end. A coward would run away. A coward would say, "friendly," because they're scared of losing their shit. I was perfectly content to have a firefight and risk death. You just provided me with a better opportunity.

There is a trail of 'honorable' corpses in my wake, therefor, from my perspective 'honor' is not a selected trait in a post-apocalyptic zombie hellscape.

Again, I'm not a monster, I'm a pragmatic opportunist. I have no philisophical or moral qualms with cooperation or mutualism. I've played 900+ hours of L4D/2 in my lifetime (a game where cooperation and teamwork is essential). The problem is that in DayZ there is no benefit to cooperation with strangers, unless you are a newbie and can't handle your own shit. If my goal is to live as long as possible or kill those who try to kill me, I literally have nothing to gain from grouping with strangers except an early death.

I partially think this is because survival is too easy and communication is too difficult. Nobody who has played more than a couple days dies from starvation or dehydration, and randomly bumping into strangers is not a good way to find like-minded individuals. Also, being able to change your player name at any time negates the ability to build a reputation as an asshole who should be shot on sight.

If in my experience, playing nice with others benefitted me more, believe me, I would be doing it.

You know OP... you can rationalize it however you want.but no... at the end of the day, despite ALL the flaws with the game system. You're simply blaming these flaws as why you're acting like a horrible person.

You use the word "Honor" in the worst way possible, To be shown honor, you must first give a chance, to give a chance, you must not kill on sight.

There are things within the game that would allow a player to tell if another was hostile... bandit skins I'll shoot on sight. And I'll shoot ghilli wearing players equally as quickly, same with camo wearing players. And as much as it pains me to say it, I'll shoot female characters too [since they cannot change their skin, you don't know if they're bandits or not.] that give me 4 types of players to shoot on sight, and 2 types "Hero's and Survivors" that I'm willing to give the benifit of the doubt to.

The inherent flaw here is that Survivors could be bandits that have respawned. This situation of a hard to trust envronment is part of what makes DayZ so good.

The problem however comes from players who decide "Fuck it, everything dies." that IS a decision that you have made, you have decided "fuck your fellow man, you're on your own." And that's fine, the game can reward that... but it can also punish that, again look at the types of players I'm more willing to shoot.

There is this, defense people like you use, that "because it's a game" or that "but, if the system was like this I wouldn't be a dick." the truth is, that you would still be a dick, why, because you LIKE being a dick. You are the reason that players like me begin shooting on sight, that we begin taking revenge on the helpless because of all the bs that we were put though. "The abused becomes the abuser" as they say.

for instance, just today, I had 4 deaths within 5 minutes, 3 of those deaths were due to being shot right out of spawn, the first death was getting lit up by someone with an LMG. which lead to the other 3. One was a ghilli sniper camping the spawn zone on the southwest part of the map. I literally spawned, moved, and got shot from behind. I encountered 2 more spawns exactly like this before I switched servers.

So, it's fine, do what you want to do...

I already play a game all about KoS. It is Call of Duty. I play DayZ to get away from that type game. However, don't get me wrong not having murderers would make this expirement called DayZ a lot less interesting.

OP is a sociopath. Didnt get what he wanted one christmas and now.

You know notSLICK, it would be easy to dismiss OP as a basement dwelling, discount sociopath with a neckbeard and questionable hygiene, but it misses an essential truth: namely that in reality there are people who are monsters. True game theory has provided an evolutionary forcing mechanism that encourages mutualism, but some people are monsters irrespective. The problem is, in DayZ they respawn.

You are wrong, that's not the problem with DayZ.

The problem with DayZ is that the majority THINK they are stone cold emotionless badass psychopathic monsters with no remorse for betraying and cold blooded killing humans while in reality they get scared when they see a spider in their bedroom. Those type of players should be a huge minority if we intended to have a realistic DayZ "society" but the fact that it is a videogame with anonymous players makes it impossible.