ChernoPTA

1.7.3 - Lets Wipe the Hive

Lets Wipe The Hive  

937 members have voted

1. 1. Should we wipe the Hive for 1.7.3?

• Yes
    • No

Fresh start sounds fair. But give me a warning so I can go seek my death in Cherno in a blaze of glory and bullets.

• Like 1

It would be a pretty big interruption of service. The hive would have to refuse to sync with servers that didn't update, to avoid carryover of duped gear. There'd be a dead zone between when the hive is wiped and when the servers get updated, during which you'd basically be unable to play. What happens if you log into a server that isn't connected to the hive? Do you just pick a gender and spawn on the coast every time you log in? I might actually want to try that.

Wow, this is turning into a petition. Let's make it happen!

+1

Imagine the insanity on the coasts.... and whoever got a decent weapon first would just dupe the shit out of it if they hadn't fixed all the common dupe methods. It'll be messy but I bet it'll be fun.

What Ubiquitous bad guy said is what should be done.

If you're going to wipe the hive, at least give me a warning before you do. Joining one day to be back on the beaches of Kamenka without warning would be depressing :/

More cheats, dupes, and exploits will happen, it always happens in a new patch. You hotfix one exploit and another appears. Just join a private server.

I think I've posted in this thread before, but this NEEDS to be done.

Do it, don't do it, to me it doesn't matter.

But, what's the point? The newest version isn't going to mean 0 bugs, so duping will still happen. And looking beyond that, what's the problem with people being geared up? It's not like good gear is hard to find. I can gear myself up with military grade weapon in under an hour....so what's the point? You'll just piss off some people for little to no benefit.

Wipe it, fix the tents and fix refreshing ammo. I'm getting bloody tired of being shot at by Ghillie wearing, AS50's wielding pricks that don't worry about losing their weapon. When people can waste 7-8 bullets of a rare ammo on a Lee Enfield wielding or freshly spawned character, it just gets too stupid. I miss being shot at by Lee Enfield or Winchester..

This will only matter if Battle eye is fixed.

With the current state of it this really wouldn't effect hackers.

This will only matter if Battle eye is fixed.

With the current state of it this really wouldn't effect hackers.

Battleye isn't the issue, ARMA is.

There are at least two different mindsets going on here - one of them wrong.

The correct one, for the enjoyment of game-play and for the all-around betterment of the game experience, is to wipe everything. And it would continue to be a game UNLIKE EVERY OTHER GAME (since that is what the DayZ project set out to do) if we had regular total wipes - as in once every two months. True DayZ game-play comes from the clashing, or meeting, of Survivors ... and those 'meets' are typically towards the coast and the area where people go to gear up.

The other mindset, "Oh, my precious stuff! I want it!" is really typical of the gamer used to every other game out there. You and I both know that an AS50 owner who values his gear highly enough to vote "No, don't wipe" is the sort of person who logs or Alt+F4's when he is caught in a firefight under terms other than that which he set up.

-------------

I've had good, or great, gear, and I've lost it. And you know what? I've done that enough that while I still have this "protect my awesome gear" mentality about me at times, I finally realized that there is no time that is more fun in DayZ than when I've just re-spawned, find minimal equipment and realize I don't have anything to lose by going into a major city and getting into a fight. So much so that I wrote a thread about just that very subject a few days ago: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/85903-why-i-hate-dying-why-i-like-dying/

who cares about as50's? Theres a bazillion as50's on the servers.

I wouldnt be suprised to learn that theres more as50's than there are makarovs currently floating around the hive.

who cares about as50's? Theres a bazillion as50's on the servers.

I wouldnt be suprised to learn that theres more as50's than there are makarovs currently floating around the hive.

really I have yet to find one...and I say wipe away people, right now all I have is 1911 after a nice hacker death

really I have yet to find one...and I say wipe away people, right now all I have is 1911 after a nice hacker death

You joined a few days ago. You are still kind of new to the game. Once you get the hang of it you'll quickly figure out how to find easy gear and my statement will make more sense.

For example once you find a camp in the forest on any server, you can always return there for gear because tents are glitched out and no matter how much stuff you take out of them, they will magically refill when the server restarts later in the day.

I could tell you a few camp locations but I'd rather not. It will ruin the game experience for you. Enjoy the thrill of slowly upgrading your gear with items you found yourself. Its makes you afraid to die which adds to the tension of the game.

take out all that duped sh.. ty

i play always legit and im tired of ppl throwing arround with NVGs GPS Sniper Rifles (Ammo) and so on. I find theese things so rarly (when u not loot duped things or raid duped tents) its almost painful but ill guess thats a big part of the game to find things rarly. Open a rnd Stream of DayZ and u see a Guy who had all duped shit on him than he die 10min later he has full gear again because of tents or killed duper ^^ thats so painful to watch as tryhard legit guy ^^

Edited by delux82

Argh, I was about to reply to Rocket's comment in the 1.7.2.6 pending update thread but it just got locked some I'm putting in here.

We don't know what effect a hive wipe could have, probably nothing but that kind of large scale change is something we would need to think about.

For starters, 100k new character creations at the same time could cause an issue. We just don't know, we would need to think a bit more before wiping everything.

Please think about it really hard. If its going to break something now would be the time to do it as I think a lot of the people who can't tolerate this sort of major breakage are already giving the game a break.

Wouldn't the 100k character creations be spread out over at least a 24 hour period? According to http://arma2.swec.se/game/statistics there hasn't been more than 15-20k concurrent players for more than a week.

Apprently the new 2.6 pattch that was released today has fixed tent saving and vehicle saving.

95% of duping occurs via tents.

This would be a good time for hive wipe!!!!! someoe with rockets telephone number call him pronto ! oo

Personally I never even used tents, I don't find them good for now. Maybe if I find a car or something then I'll probably get a tent too, but until then it's only me. If I die, then the fun starts for that first day/30 min. Yesterday I got wiped because I spawned in the debug fields, then just died in Cherno.. My next spawn was my best hour in game in 2 weeks.

Apprently the new 2.6 pattch that was released today has fixed tent saving and vehicle saving.

95% of duping occurs via tents.

This would be a good time for hive wipe!!!!! someoe with rockets telephone number call him pronto ! oo

i can still get 50 cans of mountain dew in 5 minutes... The tent method really wasn't even a good duping method, you'd had to wait for a server restart to dup whilst the one i'm on about, is instant.

Anyway least tents are fixed, Time to build my master camp :D

Edited by Woolerland