Sign in to follow this  
Blodi123

DayZ Scopes

Hi guys :)

I am here to talk with you guys about something that i tink that will be good to have in DayZ.

Wat about if we find scopes with no weapon,then we can put that scope on a weapon that we find,but until we dont have a weapon the scope will stay on or gear and them if we want we can take it of.

Right?! :D

Blodi123

• Like 1

Standalone is already going to be doing something about this, rocket mentioned having the ability to customize weapons (which includes scopes).

• Like 3

I was thinking about that, like weapon attachments, I even wrote a thread about it.. it was so long and it took a a lot of time, but I accidentaly press on button "previous page" and the whole thread was removed so i didnt post it...

Anyway, it's great idea.. +1

Edited by Ladas325
  • Like 1

Yes... but within reason. I dont want to see people adding ACOG scopes to thier 1911's and scoring accurate headshots with it 800m away.

• Like 1

Yes... but within reason. I dont want to see people adding ACOG scopes to thier 1911's and scoring accurate headshots with it 800m away.

Considering you cant hit shit with the m1911 after 20 meters unless you get lucky, I dont think it would be remotely possible to even attach any kind of optics except for a differnt kind of iron sights. I dont think they make optics such as red dots for the m1911, even so you wont find anyone carrying a sidearm with a red dot sight otherwise you wont be able to put your sidearm into a hoster. The only attachment I think would ever be used for sidearms in dayz standalone would be the suppressor, and that seems resonable.

• Like 2

For me the best wepon in game is winchester,silence,single shot at zombies and lots of ammo.Best side arms are the revolver and 1911 lots of ammo and single shot at zombies but the G17 isn't that good but i think that it has a lazer so its good for night ops at bandit camps. B)

For me the best wepon in game is winchester,silence,single shot at zombies and lots of ammo.Best side arms are the revolver and 1911 lots of ammo and single shot at zombies but the G17 isn't that good but i think that it has a lazer so its good for night ops at bandit camps. B)

You can use three types of ammo for the G17, including M9SD mags which zombies react to as they were silenced rounds of a silenced weapon. It has a flashlight, not a laser though it'll be quite useless because you can only see the laser with NVG's on. And if you got him activated and run around with it it's like a laser show in the sky - Baaad people can see you from miles away with NVG's.

I say the G17 has only upsides. It's the perfect sidearm!

• Like 1

your grammar is disgusting how old are you 8? its think not tink and what not wat

your grammar is disgusting how old are you 8? its think not tink and what not wat

maybe he don't live in english speaking country you idiot, like me, and lots of others...

• Like 1

An increase of ACOG/Holographic scopes would be nice for mid range encounters. At the moment there are only really close range red-dot scopes and rifle scopes, with the exception of the M16 ACOG and M4 Holo, which are both reasonably rare weapons.

• Like 1

Considering you cant hit shit with the m1911 after 20 meters unless you get lucky, I dont think it would be remotely possible to even attach any kind of optics except for a differnt kind of iron sights. I dont think they make optics such as red dots for the m1911, even so you wont find anyone carrying a sidearm with a red dot sight otherwise you wont be able to put your sidearm into a hoster. The only attachment I think would ever be used for sidearms in dayz standalone would be the suppressor, and that seems resonable.

1. it was an extreme example to show my "within reason"

2. yes they do make scopes for 1911's and special holsters to accomodate them

http://i.pbase.com/g6/71/35771/2/79467145.kA4o9IJD.jpg

Look up "race pistols" :)

I say the G17 has only upsides. It's the perfect sidearm!

Apart from its pathetically low power... then again thats pretty much all pistols now :C Do not want.

• Like 1

Talking of grammar, you should start your sentences with capital letters, especially if your going to start insulting people and telling them how to write.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 8

Sorry to interupt the fun, but I think a "switcheroo scope" system would be a joke.

It should be entirely possible to take the scope off a gun and move it to another gun. HOWEVER, if you do choose to do this, the scope should not be accurate until you have zeroed it.

I have put scopes on guns before, and its not "plug and play". Once you attach a scope you need to set up a range with a target, and alter the scope based on where your shots land. It also helps to secure the gun while you are doing this as you need to be sure you are still aiming at the same place you shot it.

Maybe someone with some extensive training and practice could zero a scope in the middle of the bush, but the average joe sure as fook wouldnt be able too.

So in short, yes for the concept of changing scopes, but only if we have to zero them in each time they are attached to a new gun.

• Like 3

I love the idea of changing scopes but I agree with agippo, it shouldn't be as easy as just clicking a couple of buttons. Having to zero it correctly would mean there's some skill involved.

Maybe having each weapon only compatible to a number of scopes would be a good idea? Then it would prevent you from putting something like a sniper scope on an LMG

• Like 1

I've said this with a few of your suggestions, this has been suggested before with an in depth weapons modifications post.

Yeah, but you should have to sight them in with a bore-siter or something.

Talking of grammar, you should start your sentences with capital letters, especially if your going to start insulting people and telling them how to write.

you're* :P

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

I think it would be cool if Rocket added an item like duct tape, where the player could find things like flashlights, scopes, hunting knives e.t.c. and throw it together in a rag-tag fashion with the gun making an attachment.