rocket

Why the radio silence?!?

Please put 1.7.2.4 in the Sixlauncher and make it the official "current" version. Then I am more than happy to wait for as long as it takes to get 1.7.3.

1.7.2.5 is horrible. Everyone I know have stopped playing because of it. Servers are running this version because of six launcher. And the remaining people are playing this version because of six launcher. Yet it is totally unplayable. You are ruining dayz reputation day by day it's only a matter of time before "most" people can't stand waiting any longer.

- By an impatient asshole.

• Like 2

Any news regarding the broken HIVE at 1.7.2.5 that causes alot of servers not to save vehicles and tents?

Rocket dude, all good...she'll be right mate.

Ashburton

Have Valve convinced you to implement hats?

Well if they did, I hope we can wear a top hat and a monocle as I kill bandits

• Like 2

Users in the last 24 hours: Below 150k

Average life expectancy: 1:05

Do try and keep us interested. Gamers are fickle beasts; we'll go somewhere else if you aren't giving us the experience we want.

• Like 2

just maybe some developers/publishers will start putting more modding in games - and look at WHY DayZ was successful. I think that is more important even than the DayZ project itself.

Personally, I'd say DayZ has become popular because of the idea and the promise of agile development. The idea is getting more and more competition and isn't new enough anymore to hype over. Agile development is simply not used anymore, Minecraft updated often and Notch communicated a lot. Pretty sure he didn't go to all the conventions just after releasing his pre-alpha of Minecraft.

I understand you'd like to see DayZ in some form on all platforms available, but without a game to promote you have nothing. Modding has been around for years in many forms, and just because this mod touches a genre people want to play for about 2-3 years now has this become popular.

Long story short: Develop the mod/game -> promote it -> distribute to multiple platforms -> infinite fame and riches.

• Like 4

Take as much time as needed to make the patch playable and mostly bug-free, or whatever may need to be refined in said patch. Some things need time, and I believe some people could understand that... However some people may not understand this and go "WHY AREN'T YOU RELEASING 1.7.3? I PAID FOR DAYZ! YOU MUST SUBMIT TO MY DEMANDS NAOOOOO"

Or something :V

sigh, another mature post from a forum mod...

I get the frustration, I really do. I understand the frustration from the players perpective, as I understand the frustration from the mods having to deal with some of these players. but you shouldn't have to stoop to their level to get your point across. that's why you're a mod- you're better than that.

rocket, thanks for the post. I'm looking forward to what's in store for dayz.

• Like 2

A little bemused as to why this thread hasn't been stickied or the announcement put somewhere more prominent, i've only just found it hidden down here.

Still, all good to hear, looking forward to the next patch and of course the standalone. Keep up the great work.

Just keep adding extra zombie characters, more new items and you'll keep my interest as you build the stand-alone...

• Like 2

Just do what you need to do.

Ignore us, we're all assholes. :V

Why do u have the picture of a dictator as your profile pic? (yes poetin is a dictator, u know he is)

Obviously some people aren't too thrilled that not much information has come out, and also that instead of that I've been travelling around visiting media and going to conferences. It's a fair point, we're trying to develop a game here not win an election. But there is some real value to the staging efforts that have been going on, an example being PAX where I am now. Initially, we weren't going to go. But when we looked at it, we realized the tremendous networking opportunity and a chance to discuss DayZ with some of the best and brightest minds in gaming. Already the trip has paid dividends.

The media stuff is also really important, they're a vessel to other areas of the industry. Yes, I end up saying the same thing again and again. That is just how it works. I cowboy up and deal with it. The apparent radio silence is more about me not really having anything to say, rather than ignoring things. My main effort now is "listening", which I have been carefully reading and collating the suggestion threads both here and on Reddit, as well as snooping on other sites.

Like someone put in another thread, what we are all more interested in now is what I actually DO not what I SAY. But, that doesn't remove the value in discussing the implications of what happened with DayZ, just maybe some developers/publishers will start putting more modding in games - and look at WHY DayZ was successful. I think that is more important even than the DayZ project itself.

So stay tuned, when I have finished collating the suggestion details and we have the backlog listed, I'll post more information.

Regarding patch 1.7.3, I'm not going to make the mistake of releasing a patch before it is ready. 1.7.3 just isnt ready yet.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY GODDAMN MONEY ALREADY!

• Like 3

Catch 22: Giving the community what they want vs. focusing on development vs. trying to stay sane.

Just throw us a line or two once in a while, and we're good. Also if you find time to update the mod, next to programming the stand-alone, I'll be more than happy - and most likely so happy that I'll also buy the stand-alone.

• Like 1

Rocket I'm completely supportive of you. You made a mod (Soon to be a game) that I've dreamed of being able to make but knowing I never could. I understand the difficulty behind making games and the fact you have to make a living yourself. As someone else stated, I'd rather you take your time and make something good then rush and produce crap.

Can we get a 1.7.2.6 that removes the dead bodies and nothing else. The damn graphics bug is so annoying.

• Like 1

Regarding patch 1.7.3, I'm not going to make the mistake of releasing a patch before it is ready. 1.7.3 just isnt ready yet.

i like how rocket is better than other developers by not talking around the stuff and instead making clear statements

good to hear something from you, better a finished 1.7.3 as a bugged one

and i know what game i am buying on christmas

Was no outline given to the rest of the team? Rocket isn't the only person working on DayZ.

No real bug fixes and only more problems. Less than 10% of the player base continuing to play the game and the number is dropping. You can't expect that everyone who isn't playing anymore is just waiting for standalone. When you hype people up and disappoint them, they don't get "re-hyped" for the same thing just because you say its different.

• Like 4

i like how rocket is better than other developers by not talking around the stuff and instead making clear statements

good to hear something from you, better a finished 1.7.3 as a bugged one

and i know what game i am buying on christmas

Except he said the same thing about 1.7.2.5 ... it was delayed so he could properly test it and then it was released before the weekend because he had to go to Gamescon or some other meetup. Turned out with all the testing the mod was still full of bugs.

There's absolutely no guarantee 1.7.3 will have less bugs than the current version.

As far as I can remember the last version that was somewhat bug free was 1.7.1.5, but I think in that version the zombies were kind of deaf or otherwise very easy to work around. But tents and vehicles worked and there were no artifacts and all that...

Judging from the interview Rocket gave at IGN ( here in case you don't know about it : http://www.ign.com/v...next-big-update ) there's gonna be a whole set of new bugs related to the dog ... like for example forget once to tell the dog to sit or you stay more than 30 seconds in a house (dog ignores command and moves to you after 30ish seconds) he'll get inside and get stuck in the floor.

Not to mention how fun it's going to be when server is 1st person only and you can't judge how fast you bleed out because the debug panel is gone and you can't see your own blood flow.

(later edit:) and if you watch the video you can still see how you run crouched on grass and random zombies still decide to attack and run to you from 50-100 meters away from you, while others just look at you from a 10-20 meters. Same old bugs... and I loved how the whole video was made far from any buildings that could cause artifacts.

But anyway, back to the real topic of this thread... yeah, thank you for at least posting some info, some status update about this project.

Edited by mariush
  • Like 3

Except he said the same thing about 1.7.2.5 ... it was delayed so he could properly test it and then it was released before the weekend because he had to go to Gamescon or some other meetup. Turned out with all the testing the mod was still full of bugs.

There's absolutely no guarantee 1.7.3 will have less bugs than the current version.

As far as I can remember the last version that was somewhat bug free was 1.7.1.5, but I think in that version the zombies were kind of deaf or otherwise very easy to work around. But tents and vehicles worked and there were no artifacts and all that...

Judging from the interview Rocket gave at IGN ( here in case you don't know about it : http://www.ign.com/v...next-big-update ) there's gonna be a whole set of new bugs related to the dog ... like for example forget once to tell the dog to sit or you stay more than 30 seconds in a house (dog ignores command and moves to you after 30ish seconds) he'll get inside and get stuck in the floor.

Not to mention how fun it's going to be when server is 1st person only and you can't judge how fast you bleed out because the debug panel is gone and you can't see your own blood flow.

(later edit:) and if you watch the video you can still see how you run crouched on grass and random zombies still decide to attack and run to you from 50-100 meters away from you, while others just look at you from a 10-20 meters. Same old bugs... and I loved how the whole video was made far from any buildings that could cause artifacts.

But anyway, back to the real topic of this thread... yeah, thank you for at least posting some info, some status update about this project.

Blablabla Blablabla Blablabla, im a crybaby, and everything i said make sence.

Also, I got to see and try out the Occulus Rift.

Bricks were shat

I really would like to give it a try...it looked amazing!

Better yet I can't wait until we can all get our hands on this awesome gear! ;)

It would be amazing to use the Occulus for ArmA, DayZ, and Project Cars!

Blablabla Blablabla Blablabla, im a crybaby, and everything i said make sence.

Fanboi much? Someone points out actual flaws in your precious rockets mod to which you have absolutely no counter point to so you resort to incoherent flaming.

Until massive overhauls are made the mod will continue to lose people. Those people lost aren't coming back for the standalone either.

• Like 2