Sign in to follow this  
Miss Cleo

I Shot A Zombie And It Said It Hurts?

I was making my way to Berezino for medical supplies, and decided to make a pit stop in Gorka for some target practice. I recently found an M4A1 in a deer stand, and I wanted to see if it was worth keeping. While moving through town, I entered a barn for a chance at some beans, and aggroed a zombie. No big deal, just bottleneck him at the steps. When I shot him, he cried out the typical zombie moan, and then quietly muttered "Fuck that hurts!" in a french accent. I shot him again to put him down for good, and then reflected on what just happened. I happened to have Fraps running for my target practice, so I have the evidence to back it up.

Anyone ever hear zombies saying stuff? Strangest Dayz experience to date.

• Like 1

Zombies shouldn't swear. They shouldn't be able to formulate words/sentences.

Yeah, that sh­it's pretty fu­cking funny in my opinion. I also like when they occasionally let out a sort of comical scream after being shot. It almost sounds like "whooooaaaa!" or "ooohhhhhh!".

Lol.

Edited by black people

I find when they get a broken leg (they get shot, lie down and craw towards you)

I've heard them moan and scream and gurgle, but never actually say words. It just took me by surprise, and I had to watch my fraps to make sure I didn't mishear it. I was laughing pretty hard, and I agree with Cvm that I wouldn't think they could formulate sentences and phrases.

It's a leftover from the Arma2 pain system. Wounded characters mutter certain phrases from time to time. I guess DayZ simply hasn't disabled it.

It's because they are a civilian model, but are designed to be in the opfor team, while everyone else is blufor, or independent. It is just a big game of free for all. They are designed not to have civilian noises but surely as it is still an alpha it will have some.

First time I heard one of them say something in another language. Scared the fucking shit outa me. Think I hid for 5 or so minutes before I got up and left.

Keep in mind that these aren't actually zombies, they are infected people. I figure it's totally normal seeing as how when you feel pain your first reaction is usually along the lines of "ow" and that is a reflex that might have persisted even in the clouded minds of these people.

When I started playing whis that never happened, now after latest patch is started...

I think this is the thing what rocket said that was for "lulz".

There are few differend thing that I have heard them saying :D

Edited by Zeppa

I swear one their phrases is ..

gudday how ya goin

..sounds like it would if spoken while breathing in not out.

theres a zombie sound when they're aggroed that i swear sounds like "Kyle" in a snarl. it's really creepy because that's my name.

first time i heard a zombie speak i nearly got a heartattack cause i thought there was a player around the corner :)

i hope this is a bug. imo Zombies shouldn´t say more than maybe "BRAÌIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!" :)

Edited by Broter

Okay, it's bad enough that in Arma 2 I heard Russian guy say that exact phrase, accent and everything, when he had just been speaking Russian five seconds ago. But now on Russian zombies? Wonderful.

It would be interesting as Rocket has mentioned how in the standalone the zombies will be in different states of degredation, ie walkers, crawlers etc and maybe the walkers can sort of talk or say words like " ouch.... hurt" and then you get a more animalistic cry for the really messed up zombie with no legs

I always assumed this muttering to be holdovers from Arma, perhaps something in russian. I've heard the one OP is talking about, and it does sound like "fuck that hurts" or perhaps something else in a language I don't know. There's also one that sounds like "I'm dying"

yeah that happened to me yesterday when I was in nwaf gunning down 100+ zombs because I was bringing them into the firehouse just for the hell of it. Extra ammo to blow for guns I don't need... but a lot of them were saying stuff. Pretty funny imo.

Never realized it until yesterday since I had such a huge horde in one building. I always thought it was my character saying stuff randomly.

Edited by GotOwned

Well he sounded French, so you did the right thing. Fuckin' frenchies.

• Like 1

I once saw a zombie glitch through the wall of a firehouse tower, fall to his death, and yell out "Ohh God!" I lol'd :P

• Like 1