Encrypted (DayZ)

A little honesty would go a long way...

When you guys announced the stand alone why did you say updates to the mod would continue as usual?

Clearly the mod has been put to the wayside, which is fine and completely understandable, but you should have been honest with us and told us there would be no updates to the mod for some time.

I completely supported the stand alone and paying for hard work done but I am frustrated now as I can't even play this mod and it requires relatively easy fixes as far as I can tell. If something isn't working, remove it. Just get a stable version out with no game breaking bugs and your player base would be happy until the stand alone shipped. As it is your frustrating and alienating your future player base and customers for the stand alone.

Every day that goes by with no updates, and not even a reply to the extremely long threads asking about broken game systems makes me want to buy the stand alone less and less. I'm very close to the point that I will not buy it simply out of spite... Why should I give money to a developer that is treating me this way?

What's to say down the road he decides on DayZ 2... Will updates completely cease on DayZ when that day comes and not a peep for weeks on end on the forums re: game breaking bugs...?

I think the way you guys are handling everything is awful and your going to lose some of your customers for it.

Edited by Encrypted
  • Like 1

the updates really aren't as often as you appear to think they are. not to mention the fact they said 1.7.3 would be released after gamescom, and then that it was being tightened up based on feedback from gamescom. then the thing about the 6th.

really does help to read up on something if you're going to throw your toys about.

Edited by Dankine
  • Like 1

19 days since an update. As for 'game breaking' bug, what have you encountered? Have you reported it? Yes, there's artifacting, but you can still play the game. Tents and vehicles don't save contents after server restart and some vehicles disappear as well, but you can still play. Annoying bugs? Absolutely. 'Game breaking'? Definitely not.

Again, if you have run into a real game-breaking bug, please tell us about it so we can join in testing it and make a detailed bug report.

@ OP

It's a cultural thing. You have the expectations of a westerner who is used to instant gratification from a western developer who uses western marketing tactics. Just wait till the stand alone releases and many of the key features you expect to see aren't in the game and aren't being planned for. Then you'll really be pissed off, lulz.

• Like 4

I have yet to run into any game-breaking bugs, I've lost tons of vehicles and gear to bugs but nothing I can't get back.

As for you not wanting to buy the standalone, that's great news for the community and the development team not having to worry about another idiot who doesn't understand this is in alpha stage.

• Like 1

I know that the OP wanted to say. We had good support till now and the dev's even talked to the folk on these forums, whereas other dev's can only be reached in your dreams or via an lawyer lol

But I start getting the feeling as if DayZ mod gets pushed aside more and more, which is understandable as they are focused on the standalone. But no dev, replied in long time now, and no new update info is leaking out. The forums being slow as fuck and no one makes an official statement about it either. A lot of things changed here after the last update that lead to a suspicious conclusion that they just left us sitting here on our own. I don't say they did, but it feels like it with each new day.

Artifacting? Just delete bodies out of the game. And remove barbed wire. I know its easier sometimes to try and fix stuff then removing it but do something as the artifacts are now for months present and I believe its NOT THAT OF A FUCKING COMPLICATED PROBLEM for you to not have figured it out yet how to fix. I just smell lazyness here.

Idk. All seems fucked up the last 1-2 weeks or so.

And flamers aka "mighty wannabe defenders of the devs" , go ahead and do your thing, wont bother to reply or read this thread anyways. Peace

None of the current bugs are game breaking.. Just really really annoying.

The fact that I cant horde new items is annoying.. But since I can constantly keep taking items from older tents knowing that the items will reappear has made this less of an issue.

Artifacting is annoying as well. hate that fact that I cant snipe nubs in cherno since the artifacting makes it near impossible to see anything.

Vehicles. Also very annoying that half the vehicles I save end up back at there spawns after server restart.. But on a side note. If you crash a vehicle and it blows up. once the server has restarted that destroyed vehicle will appear back at the spot you lost it at fully repaired!

None of these are game breaking.. just becoming more and more of a pain in the ass/inconvenience as time goes by.

I know that the OP wanted to say. We had good support till now and the dev's even talked to the folk on these forums, whereas other dev's can only be reached in your dreams or via an lawyer lol

But I start getting the feeling as if DayZ mod gets pushed aside more and more, which is understandable as they are focused on the standalone. But no dev, replied in long time now, and no new update info is leaking out. The forums being slow as fuck and no one makes an official statement about it either. A lot of things changed here after the last update that lead to a suspicious conclusion that they just left us sitting here on our own. I don't say they did, but it feels like it with each new day.

Artifacting? Just delete bodies out of the game. And remove barbed wire. I know its easier sometimes to try and fix stuff then removing it but do something as the artifacts are now for months present and I believe its NOT THAT OF A FUCKING COMPLICATED PROBLEM for you to not have figured it out yet how to fix. I just smell lazyness here.

Idk. All seems fucked up the last 1-2 weeks or so.

And flamers aka "mighty wannabe defenders of the devs" , go ahead and do your thing, wont bother to reply or read this thread anyways. Peace

I would rather they fix the artifacting bug to determine what causes it rather than just dodging around it. As for updates and replies from the Dev Team, Griff posted this in the 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update Thread:
Right due to the amount of PMs I am getting, the patch will not be released till after the 6th September. When Rocket returns from PAX. Funnily enough that is also my birthday I accept presents....

The amount of gifts showered upon me will not impact the date of the release of the update and Dean is still working on the update while he is away in the US. I apologise for the wait but patience is a virtue. As we are developing the mod and the game at the same time, updates for the mod are likely to be less often due to the increased development tempo on DayZ standalone.

As I say, you can't always have your Tiramisu and eat it.

For a lot of us (check the bug reports section of the forums) we CONSTANTLY spawn on the beach (sometimes without any gear!) and despite rumor to the contrary, there is nothing you can do to fix or avoid it if it is affecting you, I have tried everything.

Post by Griff should be a sticky as I bet the others affected by this bug are just as upset about the lack of updates and communication from the devs. I hadn't seen it.

If you are going to take the time to post you'd think you would take the time to check out the numerous interviews Rocket has been doing where he addresses everything and then some.

Mods should start moving these threads to a new forum for idiots.

• Like 1

For a lot of us (check the bug reports section of the forums) we CONSTANTLY spawn on the beach (sometimes without any gear!) and despite rumor to the contrary, there is nothing you can do to fix or avoid it if it is affecting you, I have tried everything.

Post by Griff should be a sticky as I bet the others affected by this bug are just as upset about the lack of updates and communication from the devs. I hadn't seen it.

The post by Griff is in the middle of the 1.7.2.5 rolling update thread, can't exactly sticky that. And are you spawning on the beach every time you log in or is it because you're changing servers frequently because that was added as a feature to stop server hopping AFAIK.

The post by Griff is in the middle of the 1.7.2.5 rolling update thread, can't exactly sticky that. And are you spawning on the beach every time you log in or is it because you're changing servers frequently because that was added as a feature to stop server hopping AFAIK.

If it is an anti server hopping feature would be nice if something official could be posted in the 8+ page thread about in bug reports.

If it is an anti server hopping feature would be nice if something official could be posted in the 8+ page thread about in bug reports.

this is a (wrong) rumour that appears to be going round.

Most of the spawning on the coast is caused when you quit the game during loading in which your character is in the debug plains. When you quit during this portion the Hive saves your location to the plains and as such kicks you to the coast on the next login to get you out of the debug plains. However, I'm not sure as to the spawning on the coast with no gear bug. I once logged out and then logged back in 3 hours later only to be killed upon loading and spawn at the coast with nothing but my gillie suit on me and this happened when I successfully logged in without getting stuck on loading. This seems to happen regardless of having any skin on your character as I first thought this was another bug with different skins. If anyone else has tested this bug more thoroughly than me any info you can give would be great.

• Like 1

If you try to join a server that is a different DayZ version or Arma build than the one you have installed you will spawn on the coast without your gear.

Edited by WargameKlok

Can we have a new forum started for the idiots that post rubbish like this?

I'm sure that with encrypted's sense of entitlement he would just love to have his own wee niche in the forum.

Shhh(just don't let him know that it is for morons only)

I have to day that after many, many hours of real game time, the 'game breaking bugs' tend to be nothing more than a log out, log back in to fix.

Yes, tents are broken - hence all the duping.

Yes there are artifacts.

Yes donning a ghillie suit is fraught with the danger of losing a backpack.

But there are workarounds and dozens of posts on these forums have detailed them.

This is an ALPHA test for a full release. If you spot a new bug then report it.

Stop whinging or your Mom won't let you have bitty. ;)

Did you even read the "Rocket said" thread? He addresses this. He says he still checks the forums, but doesn't have time to reply due to the huge amounts of work he does on this game.

This is a secret and somewhat profitable marketing strategy. Slowly and discretely "break" the mod-based version of DayZ while simultaneously hyping the standalone version's stability/playability so that by the time it is actually released, people will be throwing cash at their computer screens faster than Rocket can count it.

If you try to join a server that is a different DayZ version or Arma build than the one you have installed you will spawn on the coast without your gear.

This is not the case all of the time I manually installed everything to be up to date and this bug occurred when I logged out from my home server after obtaining an M14 and then upon re-logging into the same server three hours later my guy died and spawned at the coast. I double check any server I join to make sure I have everything in order to join it successfully and it never reverted back a version and I never changed anything of mine within those three hours.

Edited by tjG3ftw436

This is a secret and somewhat profitable marketing strategy. Slowly and discretely "break" the mod-based version of DayZ while simultaneously hyping the standalone version's stability/playability so that by the time it is actually released, people will be throwing cash at their computer screens faster than Rocket can count it.

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

This is not the case all of the time I manually installed everything to be up to date and this bug occurred when I logged out from my home server after obtaining an M14 and then upon re-logging into the same server three hours later my guy died and spawned at the coast. I double check any server I join to make sure I have everything in order to join it successfully and it never reverted back a version and I never changed anything of mine within those three hours.

I have tried every suggested workaround and I have still spawned on the coast. You can't realistically play if one in every three servers does this :(