Hey, I´m quite new in DayZ, but I was lucky so I just found my first sniper. Its the Cz 550, since I´m interested in being a Bandit I wanted to know if it oneshots players and if its good for banditing. I´m planning to snipe Electro or Cherno.

It takes more than 1 body shot to kill. The biggest downfall of the CZ is the odd chevron retical for the scope. For banditing, I would probably take a Lee Enfield or Winchester over a CZ.

• Like 3

I also got a M4 in my backpack for close quarters.

No doubt your going to Elektro to kill countless newspawns with no weapons? Woah, L33t Wikid Skillz

Yo bro, calm down, I never killed any newspawns, I´m not going to do that in the future, if they are not armed. I just want to get better equipment.

Edited by Precious

Banditing needs a close range weapon otherweise it's just meaningless long distance killing ( most of the time ). Some people still think they need a rifle with a range of 1km in order to "rob" someone.

No doubt your going to Elektro to kill countless newspawns with no weapons? Woah, L33t Wikid Skillz

Hey shit troll, if you had any idea you would know 99% of the players around Elektro are geared up players killing each other.

Hey shit troll, if you had any idea you would know 99% of the players around Elektro are geared up players killing each other.

More like 90% are geared and killing new spawns, 6% new spawns, and 4% bandit hunters/legit pvpers.

• Like 3

8k blood on one shot, Normally it takes 2. If you're lucky they get insta-capped and just follow up with another shot. Make sure you know your meter counts if not you can always play on those servers that give u the meters or find some rangefinders.

• Like 1

I recommend that you practice with it first. It's hard to use without any familiarity.

• Like 1

if your going to pvp try getting an m24, the ammo you can craft out of dmr mags and has more of a chance to one hit,

ps: what servers do you play on i might give you a challenge

• Like 1

It's a decent sniper. Someone already said 8000 blood, so just shoot twice. Personally, i'd switch ASAP for any other sniper or even a long range rifle. But that's just me.

• Like 1

I´m interested in being a Bandit

TIME TO DIE MORTAL.

Edited by C0okieH

If you have played Battlefield BC2 or BF3 and know how to use the SV98, the CZ is surprisingly easy to use.

Hello there

I like the CZ very much, used to play with M24, have got a SVD right now but the CZ is my favourite. You can find it and the ammo often and it deals a good amount of damage. Many people are complaining about the reticle, I think it is okay. But I wouldn't snipe Electro or Cherno with it, try it on a full server at places where people come along and would not expect you, around Novy Sobor Woods for example.

Happy fighting!

I bet you didn't expect a fresh spawn to sprint through Cherno hitting up every loot spot he could before stumbling upon your camping spot with a tent randomly placed in the doorway. I also bet you didn't expect for said fresh spawn to lean around the pillar, and shoot you in the face with the Winchester he just found. Thank you for the Coyote Backpack, NV Goggles, Rangefinder, GPS, and M4A1 CCO SD.

Always me,

Karhu. B)

This is why you should always shoot bambies/new spawns. This mentality of ( I'm a fresh spawn so I'm harmless ) is absolute garbage.

• Like 1

Best to shoot them twice just in case, most will alt+f4 if they're not killed instantly, robbing you of your well earned rewards.

I like the CZ, too. What you really want is an ALICE pack to carry it in, and have it with you, while your main weapon for running around is some type of simple assault rifle (like an AKS or AKM). Keep the CZ for when you work your way over to a spot you wan to snipe from, but most certainly have a different main-line weapon to carry for going into cities or for just general running around.

Hello there

I like the CZ very much, used to play with M24, have got a SVD right now but the CZ is my favourite. You can find it and the ammo often and it deals a good amount of damage. Many people are complaining about the reticle, I think it is okay. But I wouldn't snipe Electro or Cherno with it, try it on a full server at places where people come along and would not expect you, around Novy Sobor Woods for example.

Happy fighting!

CZ over the M24? The fuck?

As people are constantly complaining that the cz550 sucks because it lacks any mil-dots and useage of chevron system, however the vertical lines that the cz550 has can be used to estimate the range, here is what worked for me; this is what the shoulder length of the target should take up on the scope.

100m-7 vertical lines and chevron

200m-2 vertical lines and chevron

300m-the chevron

400m-4 vertical lines

500m-2 vertical lines

600m-1.9 vertical lines

700m-1.7 vertical lines

800m-1.6 vertical lines

So if the survivor is at 200m he/she should take up the chevron and a vertical line on each side, and at 500m put him'her to the first vertical line of the left, the shoulder length should take up 2 of the vertical lines.

The cz550 is my favorite sniper as it is one of the most common one to be found, with decent damage and ammo for it is plentiful and also because of the chevron scope as I like it better than mil-dots.

• Like 1

CZ over the M24? The fuck?

They are almost the same in terms of damage, RoF, magazine size, loudness and effective range, the only difference is that M24 are much harder to find, and unlike the cz550 it can't be zeroed.

Edited by Tactical_Kn1ght

They are almost the same in terms of damage, RoF, magazine size, loudness and effective range, the only difference is that M24 are much harder to find, and unlike the cz550 it can't be zeroed.

m24 can be zeroed...

Best to shoot them twice just in case, most will alt+f4 if they're not killed instantly, robbing you of your well earned rewards.

Some will alt+f4 even after being killed instantly, also robbing you of your well earned loot. In fact happened to me just now, pulled a 10m distance M24 headshot at a Ghilli snipering Balota. Blood splatter, flies, +1 on the kill counter, but no body. And I really wanted a map/gps/nvg.