Sign in to follow this  
Ozelot (DayZ)

People who murder bandits =/= heroes

Killing a bandit does not make you a savior. In fact, it makes you part of the 'bandit' problem. You are merely killing another killer. You are no better than they are.

That is why even kills made in self-defense reduce humanity, and should continue to do so.

• Like 1

At first I thought it was strange killing bandits didn't get you humanity. But giving it some thought, it doesn't seem like a white-knight thing to do - go out and kill people who have killed.

Kinda reminds me of Dexter.

I don't think you should suffer a humanity hit from killing bandits though. I don't think it's humane but I don't think it's inhumane either.

• Like 1

You're an idiot. So, you want DayZ to not have any weapons, is that it? Because that would stop people from killing each other.

The only way to keep the itchy trigger fingered Bandits on a leash is by having Heroes running around killing them so Beaners and Survivors don't get shot.

Never trust Bandit scum, never. If you do, it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Being aganist self-defense is pants-on-head retarded. I bet you blame people in real life for shooting a mugger with a gun when he comes to try and take your stuff and threatens your physical integrity with a knife.

Killing Bandits increases your humanity as long as they have at least -5k humanity on the scoreboard, but with the clothing bugs it ends up not giving you the humanity you deserve a lot of times. I did manage to kill a Bandit that had such negative humanity my character allmost started having a heart attack when I aimed at him, got a wonderfull 60k humanity boost.

If you shoot a freshly spawned Hero you won't get humanity deduction because of, again, the clothing bug.

• Like 6

Well in my opinion when you kill someone who is a bandit, your a technically saving others which could count you as a hero. However in a real life situation I would only shoot out of self defense. So since I play this game realistically, I only shoot people when it's out of self defense.

Most games server admins can turn "friendly fire" on and off. If Rocket wanted to leave that portion of the game out he would have made it that way. Bandits are a necessary part of the game otherwise it would became very boring just gearing up and avoiding zombies.

Humans are built to be bandits. Any higher civilization strives to be on top of the food chain and in this game bandits are the top. The rest of you guys are crying little defenseless bitches. If you want to be the top dog you have to fight for it. The only thing "heros" want to do is come here crying when killed by another player.. Buck up and go kill them back. It's a damn game for gods sake! If I wanted to be a responsible citizen I would just go about my daily life as I do now. In a video game I want to be the opposite so stop all your fucking crying and play the game as it was intended.

• Like 1

You are killing 1 life to save others. I think that's a reasonable tradeoff

• Like 1

Killing a bandit does not make you a savior. In fact, it makes you part of the 'bandit' problem. You are merely killing another killer. You are no better than they are.

That is why even kills made in self-defense reduce humanity, and should continue to do so.

If you only kill people with bandit skins then you are not part of the problem.

Bandit problem? THERE IS NO BANDIT PROBLEM, PEOPLE.

Bandits are tactical, great players who rob others for their goods. They ONLY KILL WHEN THE SITUATION DEEMS IT TO BE OF AN EXTENDED NECESSITY.

MURDERERS ARE THE PROBLEM.

Bandits =/= the "problem".

Learn to differentiate.

• Like 4

I'll put it this way. I don't go out looking for a fight, I go in, get my shit and go out. But, if I see a bandit with a gun and the situation is unadvoidable, he's going to get knocked out/killed. If it's a survivor, I'm going to address him over the Direct Comms, maybe make a friend.

You are acting like bandits are fluffy poodles, looking for somebody to play with. They've already proven they are a KoS person, why should I risk my imaginary life to save a player killer. Most bandits I have run into (most meaning ALL) have shot at me. So far, the statistics aren't in the cuddly bandits' favor.

Kill or be killed

If you aren't on voice comms or don't know the other person as a friend, trust no one, stay out of sight or shoot first and shoot fast.

Feels like the Wild West, and I love it.

Most games server admins can turn "friendly fire" on and off. If Rocket wanted to leave that portion of the game out he would have made it that way. Bandits are a necessary part of the game otherwise it would became very boring just gearing up and avoiding zombies.

Humans are built to be bandits. Any higher civilization strives to be on top of the food chain and in this game bandits are the top. The rest of you guys are crying little defenseless bitches. If you want to be the top dog you have to fight for it. The only thing "heros" want to do is come here crying when killed by another player.. Buck up and go kill them back. It's a damn game for gods sake! If I wanted to be a responsible citizen I would just go about my daily life as I do now. In a video game I want to be the opposite so stop all your fucking crying and play the game as it was intended.

Shouldn't you be doing your homework? As the ambassador of Heros everywhere... Not uh!

I agree with OP. A hero shouldn't let the bandits push them into being a killer. Just accept the death and respawn. I never "run back and kill them", sometimes I might go back and loot my corpse. If I see them, I don't try to get revenge.

The only time I've had to kill bandits was when I was in Elecktro with a group of around 10. These three guys in the red brick building proceeded to kill them all over a 5minute period, leaving me cornered next to all my dead friends. 4 winchester slugs later, I was running away alive.

They might push me into killing once in a while, but by no means will any bandit push me into being a killer.

Sure guy.

I choose my targets. Bandits shoot everyone. Huge difference when you're on the other end of the barrel.

Bandits are crying harder than the carebears now that they're the ones getting hunted.

• Like 2

Wow troll harder man.....part of the problem? Look dude if bandits were the worst problem like when the game was a few months ago great. But unfortunately the hacking and cheating problem cause me to die way more than bandits. Bandits have stayed at 140k sicne like 900k users. Bandits are also identifiable and for me are shoot on sight if you got a headwrap. Also those who do hunt bandits are simply bandits themselves, they just don't prey on the weak. Like myself I enoy the challenge of fighting someone jsut as well armed rather than some idiot at balota who jsut got an m4a3 by luck. Plus when hunting bandits you know the loot is good, and bandits commonly stay in groups which make them all that easier to find.

Apparently OP has been taking morality lessons from Gandhi, and he's dead: score Bandit killers 1 - 0 Gandhi.

Can you become vegan in DayZ?

And yeah, killing bandits should give you brownie points. Why? You're protecting the rest of the survivors from the bandits. Every move you do in DayZ is to get better equipment, weapons and so, so every time you kill a bandit you send him/her to square 1 and therefore minimizing the threat.

Idk I've killed alot of bandits lately and I am still in hero's clothing. Must be all that charity I do on the side! I even shot an unarmed bandit once, he cried, I laughed, we shared a moment.

"Friendly" + headwrap... Sure ya are!

Edited by Pendragon

I use to only shoot for self defense but 90% of the time I die that way since they got the advantage of getting first hit. Ive met so many people saying friendly on voice chat then shoot a second or two later. I now lean towards the shoot on sight since I dont want to take the chance. However, I do leave people alone that are unarmed or have a hero skin.