Right... from a self-entitled player. Did you think I was agreeing with the OP? Hahaha.

EDIT: Oh, ahaha. Yeah, you're the OP. No, sir. I don't agree with you at all. my post was directed at players like you specifically.

I know and I was getting you back on topic. HAHA

Yea, they should drop everything to focus on fixing a mod that might break Arma2, you know the actual game you purchased to play the free mod, instead of trying to make a polished version for release.

Some of the forum moderators are dicks, but it is often in response to some whiny child expecting the world of a testing alpha that needs a separate platform to be fixed (you know what they are hopefully working on right now). You answer the same whiny question thirty times a day and tell me you will not get a little frustrated by the endless amount of people whining about an unfinished product. It is not like they told you the alpha was the finished project, so people should just be happy they can play anything. I actually think this is exhibit A in any case for not allowing public Alpha testing because the people playing the unfinished product seem to think it should work all the time.

I read the post you are referencing and it was about a 120 pages of people whining about their tents, whining about vehicles, saying they were over it, or complaining about the lack of patches to fix the problem. Not only does the community get the problems, so do the developers who are working to fix the problems for a stand alone. So stop playing until the stand alone comes out and if you are that worried wait for a few weeks and see if problems are resolved. But for the love of God stop coming on the forums to bitch about the same topic for weeks on end (oh I could not see in the airfield and was too lazy to just log or try one of the many other fixes).

• Like 1

Ah Gumpnstein I just checked out your youtube vids. You have only around 2.5k subscribers?! I thought you were some kind of a big shot. No offense but if even you decide to give DayZ a negative review and all your subscribers will follow your recommendation I don't think (and I am just assuming here) that will have a negative impact on DayZ at all. What about those guys who are still having fun with DayZ in its current state including hackers, noobkillers, snipers, bugs etc and they have like 90k, 100k, 200k subscribers.

Somehow I get the feeling you are pulling stuff out of the thin air...Is your BA even real?! Are you even 32?! o_O

Somehow I get the feeling you are pulling stuff out of the thin air...Is your BA even real?! Are you even 32?! o_O

[/quote

What are talking about. You failed to notice my channel is 3 months old. I never said I was a bigshot. I never said I was going to give Dayz a bad review. I have been commenting on attitudes toward community members for asking for what was told they would be given which is support for the mod.

And for those who say the dev team owes no one anything I can't disagree more. They have stated and advertised this mod as something that they are planning on adding features to, fixes, and have said they would continue support for the mod. That my friends is a voiced promise to perform an action and people continue to buy Arma2 owned by Bohemia whom the developer of this mod works for as they believe that the mod is still being taken care of. To be honest I think one could prob have a nice case of fraud if they were to not continue support after publicly stating so. Perhaps they don't touch the mod again. If they don't then they just told everyone they will continue to so that Arma sales don't plummet back to 0.

To be honest I think one could prob have a nice case of fraud if they were to not continue support after publicly stating so.
And this is where I facepalm. There's no way in hell that would stand up in court, who the hell are you going to sue? Please don't bother replying, save the energy, I'm done following this thread. This latest hotfix has been out for 17 days. That's just more than 2 weeks. Oh yeah, they've completely forsaken this game! 17 days without a patch and you're complaining about a lack of support?

And for those who say the dev team owes no one anything I can't disagree more. They have stated and advertised this mod as something that they are planning on adding features to, fixes, and have said they would continue support for the mod. That my friends is a voiced promise to perform an action and people continue to buy Arma2 owned by Bohemia whom the developer of this mod works for as they believe that the mod is still being taken care of. To be honest I think one could prob have a nice case of fraud if they were to not continue support after publicly stating so. Perhaps they don't touch the mod again. If they don't then they just told everyone they will continue to so that Arma sales don't plummet back to 0.

So.. do you just fail to comprehend even the most remedial logic?

Did you seriously just try and imply that you feel Rocket has a "verbal contract" with the community? I know you stepped around it with "voiced promise", but we know what you were trying to smugly say. I think I even heard you sniffing your own farts from over here.

Ho-lee shit, sir. You are even more self-entitled than I previously thought. You know that for a contract to be valid (and there isn't one, of course) BOTH parties have to benefit from the agreement. Let's look at it.

Rocket: Paid $0. Gained nothing directly.

Community: "promised" updates

See how that just falls flat when it's one sided? I put "promised" in quotes because Rocket absolutely has no commitment to anyone. It's an Alpha project that was free. You choosing to take a risk on a free alpha mod is YOUR financial risk and burden. Not his.

You can try and twist words by saying "Well this 3rd party (Bohemia) got money indirectly and Rocket may have indirectly gotten money through that so kind of sort of indirectly he did get money". But, damn, that just sounds retarded doesn't it? It is, I assure you.

And let 's say that you're right, that if they drop the project now ARMA sales drop to 0. So what? Sure I'm bet Rocket thought it was neat the company he worked for benefited from his mod. But.. what of it? Is Bohemia going to scold Rocket for not continuing his independent free mod that net them sales? "Bad Rocket, continue to work for free so we get sales!" Christ, dude. I don't know if I can handle the self-entitlement and smug emanating from your posts.

And for those who say the dev team owes no one anything I can't disagree more. They have stated and advertised this mod as something that they are planning on adding features to, fixes, and have said they would continue support for the mod.

And they are doing just that. Maybe not at the speed you think you are owed, but they are working on it. Updates are on the way, mark my words. I'll be saying 'I told you so' later on.

You also accused me of ranting about how the individual is irrelevant, I responded here: http://dayzmod.com/f..._40#entry778370

I would like you to follow up on it, thanks.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 3

My goodness you expect the "team" to work 24/7 on the mod? Jump at every bug / problem that arises on your demand? Shit will get fixed! Quit acting like a child, go back to whatever bridge you crawled out from under. FFS man Rocket must be swamped with shit, the stress must be mind boggling. But no "you"people can't see past your own noses, "FIX THIS FUCKING SHIT ROCKET! FIX IT NOW!!" is your battle cry... Cut the guy some slack, he will get it done when it is done. Quit being a bitch, go play something else since you obviously aren't cut out to be an alpha tester. And please don't buy DayZ when it goes alpha, wait for the release.

TLDR : Quit being so demanding.

*edit* Better?

Edited by Max Planck
Yeah man, lovely.
  • Like 1

[/quote

What are talking about. You failed to notice my channel is 3 months old. I never said I was a bigshot. I never said I was going to give Dayz a bad review. I have been commenting on attitudes toward community members for asking for what was told they would be given which is support for the mod.

No patch for three weeks and you act like it is the end of the mod as you know it, take your head out of your ass and look at what has been going on during that time period. They announced and started working on a stand alone, went to a huge game convention to market their upcoming product, and have a small team to begin with. They have not broken a promise to you moron, they have just not made the mod the priority at this point which everyone with a functioning brain should expect.

To your stupid point about someone having a case for fraud, I am sorry is the actual game your purchased Arma2 or Operation Arrowhead giving your problems? No you say, you are talking about the free mod that you downloaded, well then you can kindly go fuck yourself.

[/quote

Great, now it's my time to chime in on this.

Since this started I have been on the developer side of this debate yet I was still able to see yours somewhat and empathize with it, although after reading that underlined and highlighted sentence above I cannot disagree with you more on your beliefs.

Are you really going to try and say that purely because the Dev team has not pushed out an update as quick as you wanted you are willing to bring up a threat of suing and take Bohemia Interactive to court? It's downright ridiculous. Not to mention idiotic. You may be more intellectual than others and have a higher level of education but you are still so obviously stupid enough to think that you can throw about threats relating to taking a company to court and still expect people on here to possibly stop and think "hey..maybe he is correct about all of this, I agree with what he has to say". But no, surprise surprise you instead are causing people here to hate you and wish you never purchased this game in the first place. Me being one of them.

Now I already can predict that you will retort at me with some line regarding a qualification or certification that you obtained in your obviously learned life and will use that knowledge to tell me that I have not a single sliver of understanding the world of business and any other world you believe you own but I can tell you this, people love this game, they love when new updates come out, they don't bitch about the lack thereof and they most certainly need a 'now playing' graph from steam to tell them it's a huge hit, and I certainly do not care about you or your '100k a year statistics' say to believe that.

So considering the bind we are all in I suggest that you either do one of these many options:

• Shut up about all of this and continue to play the game in a quiet, non objective way that will not affect the good people and moderators on this here forum.
  • Continue to complain about this game, the company and people behind it and all it's so-called flaws and problems, all the while unnecessarily creating pain for everybody that has to listen to your drivel or:
  • Leave this game, cut your losses and find some other way to keep you entertained, I heard that a new Wii is coming out soon so maybe you should wait for that and buy the next generation in the 'Petz' series?

Hell, out of my next pay-check I'll send you $30 USD from it so that you can say you never actually paid for this game and you can go back to your life that you led a few months ago before this was even released.

How does that sound buddy? Now everybody wins, we get rid of you and you can find some other milsim based post apocalyptic zombie game world to kill in?

Anyway, I'm done with you, I'm tired of seeing the moderators of this forum and rocket so easily abused about everything from people that more often than not do not know the full facts or what goes on behind the scenes, get all the facts straight and triple check before you open that sewerage tank of thing you call a brain and spew more shit everywhere.

Edited by RotorGod
  • Like 4

Yeah really, I see where the OP is coming from. I hate all the litigious BS about TECHNICALLY not being entitled to criticize anything DayZ since we TECHNICALLY didn't pay for DayZ itself! I myself spent 30 dollars just to specifically play DayZ. I don't care what any armchair lawyer in here says, because I and everybody else should be able to give constructive criticism without rocket (when he actually bothers to comment) or a moderator underplaying it by saying "Well, you didn't pay for DayZ, so...", or "It's an Alpha, so stfu". Rocket said he wanted to hear the whole spectrum of opinions, so as to 'not become out of touch' with his player base and get too full of himself. Also, the developer(s) was to keep in good contact with the community...Well, so much for these platitudes.

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

And they are doing just that. Maybe not at the speed you think you are owed, but they are working on it. Updates are on the way, mark my words. I'll be saying 'I told you so' later on.

You also accused me of ranting about how the individual is irrelevant, I responded here: http://dayzmod.com/f..._40#entry778370

I would like you to follow up on it, thanks.

Yeah sorry there were a lot of posts and I got busy here at home. Yeah there was a post where someone replied like right under you and it was not you, sorry about the misunderstanding there. I agree with what you say that we may not be owed a certain amount of time. Having said that though, the problems we are experiencing have been going on for 2 months. But I must remind everyone that I'm not here to complain. I quit playing until a patch that fixed graphical bugs and other problems came out. So I handled my problem by stopping my playing. I came here today and looked to see if there was a hint of an update and saw people being trashed talked for asking and wondering why it has taken a month to fix something that was not broken in a previous version.

Im bored too.

Playing "other" games untill new news.

Its obvious DayZ is still the #1 game considering the emotions people feel these dayz.

Edited by opeth

Great, now it's my time to chime in on this.

Since this started I have been on the developer side of this debate yet I was still able to see yours somewhat and empathize with it, although after reading that underlined and highlighted sentence above I cannot disagree with you more on your beliefs.

Are you really going to try and say that purely because the Dev team has not pushed out an update as quick as you wanted you are willing to bring up a threat of suing and take Bohemia Interactive to court? It's downright ridiculous. Not to mention idiotic. You may be more intellectual than others and have a higher level of education but you are still so obviously stupid enough to think that you can throw about threats relating to taking a company to court and still expect people on here to possibly stop and think "hey..maybe he is correct about all of this, I agree with what he has to say". But no, surprise surprise you instead are causing people here to hate you and wish you never purchased this game in the first place. Me being one of them.

Now I already can predict that you will retort at me with some line regarding a qualification or certification that you obtained in your obviously learned life and will use that knowledge to tell me that I have not a single sliver of understanding the world of business and any other world you believe you own but I can tell you this, people love this game, they love when new updates come out, they don't bitch about the lack thereof and they most certainly need a 'now playing' graph from steam to tell them it's a huge hit, and I certainly do not care about you or your '100k a year statistics' say to believe that.

So considering the bind we are all in I suggest that you either do one of these many options:

• Shut up about all of this and continue to play the game in a quiet, non objective way that will not affect the good people and moderators on this here forum.
  • Continue to complain about this game, the company and people behind it and all it's so-called flaws and problems, all the while unnecessarily creating pain for everybody that has to listen to your drivel or:
  • Leave this game, cut your losses and find some other way to keep you entertained, I heard that a new Wii is coming out soon so maybe you should wait for that and buy the next generation in the 'Petz' series?

Hell, out of my next pay-check I'll send you $30 USD from it so that you can say you never actually paid for this game and you can go back to your life that you led a few months ago before this was even released.

How does that sound buddy? Now everybody wins, we get rid of you and you can find some other milsim based post apocalyptic zombie game world to kill in?

Anyway, I'm done with you, I'm tired of seeing the moderators of this forum and rocket so easily abused about everything from people that more often than not do not know the full facts or what goes on behind the scenes, get all the facts straight and triple check before you open that sewerage tank of thing you call a brain and spew more shit everywhere.

I'm tired of seeing the people of this community ripped at every turn for voicing an opinion, forgive me if I'm tired and unmoved by the poor rocket cry. And I didn't say anything about taking someone to court. I simply said that they promised something therefore they owe something to those who are participating or intend to buy Arma 2 on the assumption that there is to be continued support for the mod. Admin said that he promises that an update is coming and that is the best thing and only thing Ive heard in weeks from anyone on the matter. So I guess after 1200 views and 80 posts some of these people wanting answers got one finally., Win one for the Dayz community for a change

As well as share it with the hundreds of people that have bought the game due to my recommendations and videos raving about the game that you just described as crap.

Oh-Wait-Youre-Serious_o_97195.gif

My goodness you expect the "team" to work 24/7 on the mod? Jump at every bug / problem that arises on your demand? Shit will get fixed! Quit acting like a child, go back to whatever bridge you crawled out from under. FFS man Rocket must be swamped with shit, the stress must be mind boggling. But no "you"people can't see past your own noses, "FIX THIS FUCKING SHIT ROCKET! FIX IT NOW!!" is your battle cry... Cut the guy some slack, he will get it done when it is done. Quit being a bitch, go play something else since you obviously aren't cut out to be an alpha tester. And please don't buy DayZ when it goes alpha, wait for the release.

TLDR : Quit being so demanding.

*edit* Better?

Every problem? People just want a damn answer about a estimated timeline if ever the mod will be playable. no one is asking for much. and this topic was at the beginning about getting treated like shit for asking such

• Like 1

Oh-Wait-Youre-Serious_o_97195.gif

I get as does every Youtuber who has committed to Dayz emails every day of people saying that they bought the game because of our videos. Hate that or not. Its a fact.

Considering the way people are addressing rocket with foul mouthed rants and tirades. Is it any wonder he is not keeping you up to date? Its an absolute disgrace to the guy who made the game you clearly love, out of his free time. I for one would have cut the lot of you off long ago.

Patience is a virtue - especially when it comes to an alpha mod. Furthermore, Rocket doesn't have an army of developers at his disposal.

• Like 1

I think I'm entitled to... I spent my hardearned... bla. bla. bla. ect.

Patience is a virtue - especially when it comes to an alpha mod. Furthermore, Rocket doesn't have an army of developers at his disposal.

Beautiful avatar "buddy!"

Edited by Dallas

Until the official, paid for version comes out, Rocket doesn't owe anyone anything, it's that simple.

Every problem? People just want a damn answer about a estimated timeline if ever the mod will be playable. no one is asking for much. and this topic was at the beginning about getting treated like shit for asking such

Why do you need an answer? It's pretty damn obvious that they're going to fix the problems in the game, maybe if you got a degree in games programming instead of business you'd understand that it isn't as simple as you think to fix bugs.

Considering the way people are addressing rocket with foul mouthed rants and tirades. Is it any wonder he is not keeping you up to date? Its an absolute disgrace to the guy who made the game you clearly love, out of his free time. I for one would have cut the lot of you off long ago.

Cut us off. That is better than letting us hang on to empty promises and getting bashed for it. Ive said this numerous times. End the mod, fix the mod, but let people know something.

Until the official, paid for version comes out, Rocket doesn't owe anyone anything, it's that simple.

Why do you need an answer? It's pretty damn obvious that they're going to fix the problems in the game, maybe if you got a degree in games programming instead of business you'd understand that it isn't as simple as you think to fix bugs.

Nothing has been obvious throughout this process besides the fact that if you posted a topic that is anti- anything, you get yelled at.

Is this for real guys? Really? This makes me sad.

Look dude, this is a GAME. I know it's a game that you really like and you really want it to be fixed and worked on, but it's still just a GAME. I don't understand why you can't just wait and be patient, are you really that immature? Do you not have anything else going on in your life right now? Go do something else for a while and then come back when the game is ready. Maybe go try out one of those "job" things, it might give you an insight into what work actually is.

Jesus Christ.

I get as does every Youtuber who has committed to Dayz emails every day of people saying that they bought the game because of our videos. Hate that or not. Its a fact.

My question.

What are you gonna give Rocket for the Sub boost?

• Like 2