A latest post from the "Forum Admin" says that he will run it by Rocket that we would like a hotfix for a few issues. And he adds that if we comment and ask properly that Rocket may even enjoy giving us updates.

This has been a recurring attitude that somehow because the mod doesn't make money that the dev team is somehow giving us something free and we should all be thankful for that. A recurring theme that seems like Rocket hates this process or perhaps his job? Maybe he will enjoy giving us updates?

Well maybe if you speak to the community like a half ass professional I will enjoy giving you my money for the stand alone that the mod that we have tested, advertised, and brought the world of gamings attention to has built up to the point that it is going to make millions of dollars.

If you guys are so oh we don't need to do this if we don't want to. Go ahead, show us those balls of steel and just drop the entire project. Don't release the stand alone and show us all who's the big bad boss man here. Go ahead.

I got a feeling that there is about 30 million reasons at least that you release that game and you'll enjoy every penny. The mod is finished? Fine, time to start treating us like future consumers!

• Like 11

So this is what..? Yelling at Rocket to give you updates on the next patch?

You are to be considered a spoiled little brat.

• Like 12

So much wrong. Not just with the thread, but this gentleman's entire outlook on life.

You want to be treated as a consumer... Really?

Shit, son!

• Like 4

So, what you are saying is we should not be thankful and be mean to rocket and he hates his job but that's not our problem because he's our slave?

Hey Gumpnstein? Run down to the store and get me some smokes and a sixpack.

What? It is not your job you say? Well, that's why I ain't paying you for it. Now get to work, chop-chop!

• Like 14

No this is me sharing my opinion of the attitude of this team of Dev's. And saying OK. That's who you think you are? Well show us big boy's. Drop the project. Stop all the stress. Get rid of us all. Go back to doing what you were and we will all go and play something else. Simple as that. The future consumers of their game want something and if I were them I wouldn't be whining about what they don't like to do when they stand to make the money that they do. So we are getting on Rocket's nervres? Ahh, poor guy about to make a killing. Cry me a river.

What? It is not your job you say? Well, that's why I ain't paying you for it. Now get to work, chop-chop!

Oh. So taking care of the potential purchasers of your game is not your job. Then who's is it?

• Like 1

No this is me sharing my opinion of the attitude of this team of Dev's. And saying OK. That's who you think you are? Well show us big boy's. Drop the project. Stop all the stress. Get rid of us all. Go back to doing what you were and we will all go and play something else. Simple as that. The future consumers of their game want something and if I were them I wouldn't be whining about what they don't like to do when they stand to make the money that they do. So we are getting on Rocket's nervres? Ahh, poor guy about to make a killing. Cry me a river.

Bohemia Interactive is going to make the money, Rocket is going to get paid for doing the job that they just now hired him to do. The forum staff are also volunteers, not getting paid. And no, nobody takes care of 'potential purchasers'. Money must exchange hands. Right now you and I are testing this mod as volunteers. We have the opportunity to play it before it's release, even better, because of our participation, the mod is going to become a full blown standalone release. Rocket might be stressed but you also have to take into account that he was at GamesCom giving interview, IGN has an interview with him tomorrow (live, I believe). It's not like he's sitting at home twiddling his thumbs. Now please, step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself with it.
  • Like 4

Oh. So taking care of the potential purchasers of your game is not your job. Then who's is it?

I don't know, but it sure isn't the FORUM ADMIN'S task to take care of the potential purchasers. Their "job" is to watch over the forums, nothing more.

They are not any different from you besides the fact that they can control this site a tad more than you. That doesn't mean they work with the game itself.

Oh and, stop being such an entitled little brat. Rocket does not need you. Others will take your place, for sure. The unfinished, unpolished piece of garbage of a mod on a buggy-ass engine (pardon my language) has over 1'100'000 unique users. Do you REALLY think that YOU matter, and because YOU are not buying the game because of a something a forum admin said, Rocket will suddenly gain all of his happiness and passion to work on the mod and update it so you can play the mod he has created on his own accord, for free, for all of us to play?

Edit; Especially when he has the actual money-maker on the way? Really?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

If this is the kind of attitude that devs and moderators have then why would I as a potential consumer want to buy their game? Its not the players attitude that is the problem here. So far as I can tell the PR department for DayZ needs a lot of work. Forum moderators shouldn't be assholes to the players and developers shouldn't be whining about not enjoying their job. You made the mod...you left it half baked after getting what you wanted out of the players who tested it for you. Now you drop the mod when you get the option to go standalone and then say that you might do an update and enjoy it if we ask nicely? Give me a fucking break. The least you could do as the dev that MADE THE MOD is leave it in a semi playable state that would work as a decent demo for what the standalone will be. Instead you leave it completely broken and then say you don't want to fix it because the players complain too much about the problems?!

WHAT...

THE...

FUCK...

• Like 3

A latest post from the "Forum Admin" says that he will run it by Rocket that we would like a hotfix for a few issues. And he adds that if we comment and ask properly that Rocket may even enjoy giving us updates.

This has been a recurring attitude that somehow because the mod doesn't make money that the dev team is somehow giving us something free and we should all be thankful for that. A recurring theme that seems like Rocket hates this process or perhaps his job? Maybe he will enjoy giving us updates?

Well maybe if you speak to the community like a half ass professional I will enjoy giving you my money for the stand alone that the mod that we have tested, advertised, and brought the world of gamings attention to has built up to the point that it is going to make millions of dollars.

If you guys are so oh we don't need to do this if we don't want to. Go ahead, show us those balls of steel and just drop the entire project. Don't release the stand alone and show us all who's the big bad boss man here. Go ahead.

I got a feeling that there is about 30 million reasons at least that you release that game and you'll enjoy every penny. The mod is finished? Fine, time to start treating us like future consumers!

well the fact is.. that it is a free mod.. and no. they dont have too keep us updated.. its rockets project... basically you are just "lucky" he has released it to the rest of us, in theory he could just have hugged it for himself and his friends, until it was all finished...

so i dont see the reason for QQ'ing.. and im sure there will come some news about the next updates etc, as soon as the DayZ team think its time.

besides its not like we dont know whats gonna happen in the next patch, right DAWG?....

thats right.. you can get a doggie :) and ofc alot of fixes etc...

• Like 1

It is Rocket's job, I guess. That might be why he is doing all those interviews that people like to complain about.

Anyway, the pace at which he releases updates is his own business, there is no need to create all these 'get-to-work!' threads. The word 'entitlement' gets used a lot these days... And with good reason.

If this is the kind of attitude that devs and moderators have then why would I as a potential consumer want to buy their game? Its not the players attitude that is the problem here. So far as I can tell the PR department for DayZ needs a lot of work. Forum moderators shouldn't be assholes to the players and developers shouldn't be whining about not enjoying their job. You made the mod...you left it half baked after getting what you wanted out of the players who tested it for you. Now you drop the mod when you get the option to go standalone and then say that you might do an update and enjoy it if we ask nicely? Give me a fucking break. The least you could do as the dev that MADE THE MOD is leave it in a semi playable state that would work as a decent demo for what the standalone will be. Instead you leave it completely broken and then say you don't want to fix it because the players complain too much about the problems?!

There is no PR department for the mod, and when Rocket does PR for the standalone, people complain that he isn't coding or writing here instead..

And no developer has been whining about not enjoying their job. Stop making shit up.

Also, if I'm an asshole because of my post, then so is the OP as they were basically identical.

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 4

Nah it's just him complaining because he's ran out of tampons this week and needs to open the floodgates somehow.

Yeah, working on dogs based on feedback from Gamescom. He's working on the 1.7.3 patch as well. Until the standalone releases in its full form, everyone here is a tester. Potential customers will be 'courted' after that release with marketing and advertisement by Bohemia, not the developers, programmers, and definitely not the volunteer forum staff.

• Like 2

Bohemia Interactive is going to make the money, Rocket is going to get paid for doing the job that they just now hired him to do. The forum staff are also volunteers, not getting paid. And no, nobody takes care of 'potential purchasers'. Money must exchange hands. Right now you and I are testing this mod as volunteers. We have the opportunity to play it before it's release, even better, because of our participation, the mod is going to become a full blown standalone release. Rocket might be stressed but you also have to take into account that he was at GamesCom giving interview, IGN has an interview with him tomorrow (live, I believe). It's not like he's sitting at home twiddling his thumbs. Now please, step away from the keyboard before you hurt yourself with it.

I don't know, but it sure isn't the FORUM ADMIN'S task to take care of the potential purchasers. Their "job" is to watch over the forums, nothing more.

They are not any different from you besides the fact that they can control this site a tad more than you. That doesn't mean they work with the game itself.

Oh and, stop being such an entitled little brat. Rocket does not need you. Others will take your place, for sure. The unfinished, unpolished piece of garbage of a mod on a buggy-ass engine (pardon my language) has over 1'100'000 unique users. Do you REALLY think that YOU matter, and because YOU are not buying the game because of a something a forum admin said, Rocket will suddenly gain all of his happiness and passion to work on the mod and update it so you can play the mod he has created on his own accord, for free, for all of us to play?

Edit; Especially when he has the actual money-maker on the way? Really?

Wow. The attitude I was talking about summed up in one paragraph. I think I'll share this response on my Youtube channel along with all the good things Ive said about the game. As well as share it with the hundreds of people that have bought the game due to my recommendations and videos raving about the game that you just described as crap. The point of this post was the attitudes of guys like you. Someone said that you guys are volunteers. Perhaps they should get some paid people in there with half of a mind about how to promote a game and take care of public relations. You really don't think that your attitudes and lack of communication with the community will have anything to do with your sales. Please, Please go get an education about some simple business principals. And before you spout off about my education. I have a BA in Economics & Business. So I know a little something about how the cookie crumbles.

It's only logical that BI is going to demand of rocket & co to spend time and money on the standalone which is in their and our interest. The mod belongs to rocket and he already assured players that he will update it but who is seriously going to play the mod once the standalone has been released?

• Like 1

Please, Please go get an education about some simple business principals. And before you spout off about my education. I have a BA in Economics & Business. So I know a little something about how the cookie crumbles.

Maybe you should put your resume in to Bohemia so you can show them all how to do it.
  • Like 4

Gezuz christ when will people wake the fuck up and realize more than half of us shouldn't even be playing. ITS ALPHA, every other game to date has had closed ALPHA (except a very, VERY select few) were the developer pretty much says fuckol to the community because there really is none or nothing to be said. You here to test and report bugs or give suggestions, not to expect everyone to cater to YOU every time. What do you want them to do? wipe the drool off your dribbling lips while you moan about attention? get a clue.

Edited by HighPiez
  • Like 3

It's only logical that BI is going to demand of rocket & co to spend time and money on the standalone which is in their and our interest. The mod belongs to rocket and he already assured players that he will update it but who is seriously going to play the mod once the standalone has been released?

Yeah. I agree. Focus on the standalone. Fine. But don't tell us that your going to continue supporting the mod and then throw the attitudes they throw at us when people are wondering when they are going to do some simple hot fixes. Simply say, hey, we are not going to support the mod. It's over and people will quit asking. But for the admins to give us the attitudes of we don't need your money, you don't matter we got a million people now, Rocket hates giving you updates, and all this talking down to people is not acceptable to a lot of people. Steams peak numbers for Arma says a lot about what people think right now. I'm just voicing that in here. Not a good time to add fuel to the fire by telling people you don't need them.

Son, if you keep up your bitchin', I will break

you so hard, Google won't be able to find you.

[user warned. -Max]

Edited by Max Planck
No threats, please

Gezuz christ when will people wake the fuck up and realize more than half of us shouldn't even be playing. ITS ALPHA, every other game to date has had closed ALPHA (except a very, VERY select few) were the developer pretty much says fuckol to the community because there really is none or nothing to be said. You here to test and report bugs or give suggestions, not to expect everyone to cater to YOU every time. What do you want them to do? wipe the drool off your dribbling lips while you moan about attention? get a clue.

I think most people were hoping that they could hotfix a few simple things so that the mod was more playable till standalone. I don't remember seeing wiping drool in the list of requests.

It is Rocket's job, I guess. That might be why he is doing all those interviews that people like to complain about.

Anyway, the pace at which he releases updates is his own business, there is no need to create all these 'get-to-work!' threads. The word 'entitlement' gets used a lot these days... And with good reason.

There is no PR department for the mod, and when Rocket does PR for the standalone, people complain that he isn't coding or writing here instead..

And no developer has been whining about not enjoying their job. Stop making shit up.

Also, if I'm an asshole because of my post, then so is the OP as they were basically identical.

There IS a PR department for this mod...it's these forums. I made a thread requesting the complete removal of items causing the artifacting issue and the first respons from a forum moderator was to check Reddit. I shouldn't HAVE to check Reddit. These forums are the official source of information for this mod...not Reddit.

I wasn't particualarly calling you out as an asshole either. In fact I didn't refer to you at all...what I mean to say is that there are plenty of threads where forum moderators are complete jerks to the players for really no reason at all.

Frankly the mod is completely unplayable now. You have players who purchased another game to play this mod who simply can't play. You have admins paying money to host a server so Rocket can get test data on a mod that is unplayable for a lot of people and sometimes including those admins hosting the server. If all the attention is going to shift to the standalone then I hope Rocket at least has the forethought to fix the major bugs making the mod unplayable so that the admins and players can at least enjoy it while we wait for the standalone. Yes it's a mod...yes it is an alpha...but that doesn't mean you get a crapload of people on board, make a majority of them pay for another game just to play it so you can get test data and then drop it like a rock just because you struck gold with approval for a standalone.

All I ask is that they keep updating the mod like they said they would. And as stated in my thread...please for the love of God...fix the artifacting even if that means removing the objects creating the problem.