Oh shit, are we waggling our e-peens now? Can I partake?

No im simply stating that there is no point in lecturing me about software development. I am not talking down to anyone, but you sure seem to enjoy doing so, so i will let you have that pleasure. You seem to be waving your tiny e-peen the most i'd say since you by your statements are superior to me.

I was talking about IDEALS and how i WOULD have handled it, and you proceed to talk down to me. Jesus christ what is it with you people.

Now PLEASE! Have some beans and go shove them up your ass and go circle jerking with the others who obviously are just here to troll and feel superior.

Edited by MorphineJunkie

You just proved my point.. No one reads on this forum. What is your attention span? Is it measured in picoseconds?

Not talking down? Your lose credibility there.

No im simply stating that there is no point in lecturing me about software development. I am not talking down to anyone, but you sure seem to enjoy doing so, so i will let you have that pleasure.

I was talking about IDEALS and how i WOULD have handled it, and you preceed to talk down to me. Jesus christ what is it with your people.

Now PLEASE! Have some beans and go shove them up your ass and go circle jerking with the others who obviously are just here to troll and feel superior.

There too

Point is your posts are pointless, as you lack the ability to read and do research for your self.

The mod, according to rocket, is going to go to the community in the near future. If you could read and not have to rely on folks hand feeding you the info you'd know that.

You'd also know many past patches broke shit too. Alpha once again. Shit does not get fixed just because you want it too, mommy lied to you.

The mod is in alpha. If you actually read the links I provided, you didn't have to look em up your self as I removed the hard part for you, you would understand I was pointing out what an alpha is as the person I quoted did not know but claimed to. Had nothing to do with you, your just a troll.

Well, if we're going to delve into semantics... I went and got Arma 2 (and subsequently DayZ) because of DevilDogGamer's Youtube channel, of which Gump is a major part of.

I also bought Arma 2 for this MOD after watching DevilDogGamer's Youtube channel.

Gotta give it to the OP, he is somehow right. The moderators arent exactly what i would call professionals. Rocket can release patches as he likes, but moderators should not be like this. They represent the company (which ever company this is) in some way.

Gotta give it to the OP, he is somehow right. The moderators arent exactly what i would call professionals. Rocket can release patches as he likes, but moderators should not be like this. They represent the company (which ever company this is) in some way.

Moderators shouldn't have to be care bears with the community, especially when alot of people are hostile, have the wrong idea about the mod, or feel they have greater entitlement than they do. I'd rather have honest mods.

Moderators shouldn't have to be care bears with the community, especially when alot of people are hostile, have the wrong idea about the mod, or feel they have greater entitlement than they do. I'd rather have honest mods.

I just disagree that the mods are here to be a punching bag for whiners. When someone's baseless expectations aren't met and they are the 200th person to post another thread about artifacts and get abusive, why are the mods supposed to hold your hand and tell you how much they're concerned for your feelings? "Thank you for pointing out what hundreds of other people have already said, you stooge." should be a perfectly legitimate response to abusive, repetitive whining.

That's just it, it is not part of any company. It is a mod by a person. Period.

Katniss you are totally missing the point of my posts.

Dayz will be handed to the community when the game goes standalone, so that is not much of a help to the situation as is.

Of course i will make comments about your attentionspan when you don't even read posts.

Leave my mom out of this kid!

Katniss you are totally missing the point of my posts.

Dayz will be handed to the community when the game goes standalone, so that is not much of a help to the situation as is.

Of course i will make comments about your attentionspan when you don't even read posts.

Leave my mom out of this kid!

Sorry I am being an ass, you do not deserve it, will stop being one now.

Edited by katniss
  • Like 2

Long rant because you didnt read

Please re read my post. I am more or less asking to suck the rocket and work on the mod, but i KNOW that there are more talented people than me outthere, so i havent signed up.. I mean i have made some mods for arma for the sheer laugh, but i KNOW that there must be someone better than me, besides i work 40 hours a week, plus personal/friends projects.

Maybe you are the man who is up for that?

Since your glorious development e-penis is raging red and 12feet tall and you feel that my abilities as a codemonkey, squishing bugs is somewhat insufficient to yours.

Edited by MorphineJunkie

Rocket is a dreamer who is in over his head. DayZ will never reach its full potential. But its the best we got right now. Eventually a real developer will come along and make real game like this concept. No, I don't think that will be WarZ.

Wait... so the guy (singular, one person) who is currently working on the mod is occupied for a few weeks doing other stuff, and hasn't released an update. Therefore the mod should go open source?

Are you listening to yourself, MJ?

Me thinks Rocket's head has been turned with all the buzz around Day Z. I dont actually know where he would find the time to do regular updates.

Perhaps being the Project Lead he can now delegate specific programmers to do regular updates to the mod while he focusses on the Standalone (which, rightly so, has to be his focus right now)

In the end though, despite what we may think and desire, he doesnt owe us anything.

Wait... so the guy (singular, one person) who is currently working on the mod is occupied for a few weeks doing other stuff, and hasn't released an update. Therefore the mod should go open source?

Are you listening to yourself, MJ?

Maybe i have taken permanent damage from all the OSS i work with, I dunno. (Well not really, since I NEVER SUGGESTED IT GOING OPEN SOURCE.. again, WHY WONT IT READ??!?)

To be honest i don't see anything wrong in wanting to participate in making a mod,

I mean i can't be the only one in a million who actually considered offering him a hand?

Mods are supposed to be user driven (Well no one is to judge that really, but mods usually depends ALOT on the userbase volounteers etc.), im not suggesting that anyone could simply push a change to the repository, im suggesting maybe getting a little more volounteers since rocket is obviously busy (and with good reason, PR is not bad, not bad at all)!

You have to agree that it has been a little stale since the last update, and im certainly not blaming anyone.

Edited by MorphineJunkie

I'd pee sitting down but I'm just too lazy to put down the seat.

Said to match how pointless this thread has become. Someone please lock this because it has devolved into a series of insults and the flame war version of the cuban missile crisis.

Ok, i might aswell join in this crazy bitchfest!

1) I disagree with the OP in every way whatsoever. As soon as a forum admin says something "unprofessional", you get in a massive hissy fit about it? If you can't take criticism, don't dish it out... Rocket could easily take away his admin privileges but... oh, wait! He's too busy working on the hotfixes that crybabies like you demand to happen overnight!

2) You seem to think that rocket owes you something for testing a mod? If anything YOU owe him something. Firstly for making this an open alpha (very rare these days) and also for giving you almost double your subscribers on youtube.

3) made up statistics make me laugh. Please show us some charts that show REAL statistics. I would like proof to back up these pathetic claims.

4) This section of the forum is for general discussion of the DayZ mod. Not for boasting about your education. I don't care what qualifications you have, especially when you act like you're above the community because you have a piece of paper that says you know how to run a business. Please tell me the name of your company that has made you millions of dollars?

5) As many other people have already said on this post, if you are unhappy with the mod/forum admins attitude, then delete the game, remove this website from your favourites list and move on with your life. The majority of the replies of this post has been people disagreeing with you. Does that not say something?