Mikeloeven (DayZ)

Give Current Dayz Players Free Game Keys On Release

Since this seems to be the place to ask to get shit for free, I just want to say, I don't really like the place I live at too much, so if anyone of you can aford the $15 to buy the standalone, being rich and all, maybe you could all chip in and pay my rent too. If everyone in this thread send me $5-10 monthly, I'll defenently buy the standalone and I really want the standalone, because if the rumours are true, people who bought ArmA2 to play DayZ will get a free car, when they buy the standalone. You know a real car, like a real Oprah car!

Also WarZ is shit.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Wow, so many self entitled people here. Those of you that feel you are "owed" something really do need to go play War inc...I mean War Z. Then you can bitch about how the game is the same as War Inc except with Zombies. HEY maybe they will refund you your money!

You aren't owed anything at all. However you should be thanking Rocket and team for bringing you quiet possibly the best and most outstanding Zombie Apocalypse simulator of all time. I for one am happy to pay for the standalone (Dayz 2). I call it Dayz 2 because it is a different game with different things. Hence part 2. Get over it people and just enjoy what is to come.

• Like 1

Get over it people and just enjoy what is to come.

There are so many things we have to get over in life, but it's worth fighting for each of them.

I made my offer, and that's probably all I can do. It's not like I feel offended here or anything,

nor do I want to offend anyone. Also I know that what I'm asking for is not the standard.

But actually it's pretty simple: I want to trade my arma 2 for dayz standalone.

If it's not going to happen I will consider buying WarZ instead. Of course I will then try to get my friends

buy it too, because I don't want to play alone. That means they probably won't buy DayZ.

I just want to make sure BI is aware of this, since I think many people, that are fine with some rpg

elements, are considering the same.

That's all.

Edited by grasmann
  • Like 1

WarZ looks way more cooler than DayZ

Go for it man, you have fun with that. I can tell you this for sure, you will be complaining on their forums about the similarities of War inc and how the engine stinks. Soon you will be purchasing Dayz standalone for even more money then what i pay for it. You go have fun. Buh Bye.

• Like 2

There are so many things we have to get over in life, but it's worth fighting for each of them.

I made my offer, and that's probably all I can do. It's not like I feel offended here or anything,

nor do I want to offend anyone. Also I know that what I'm asking for is not the standard.

If it's not going to happen I will consider buying WarZ instead. Of course I will then try to get my friends

buy it too, because I don't want to play alone. That means they probably won't buy DayZ.

I just want to make sure BI is aware of this, since I think many people, that are fine with some rpg

That's all.

You Boycott DayZ all you want, you enjoy the rushed game that will be unsupported by the developers, Over a million players have played this Mod i highly doubt they're all going to switch over to a rip off game.

Seeing as rocket's busy I'll put in his typical response.

SMaOF.jpg

• Like 5

This isn't about boycott at all.

You just don't understand my point.

You're right if you say I bought arma 2 and I have no right to just trade it for dayz standalone.

But from my point of view I bought dayz. Even if BI would do this trade there would be money

left they could just keep.

I want to trade a 25€ game for 10€ game, are you serious?

As I said it's not about boycott.

It's just ... if I have to pay anyways ... I can just buy WarZ instead.

Go for it man, you have fun with that. I can tell you this for sure, you will be complaining on their forums about the similarities of War inc and how the engine stinks. Soon you will be purchasing Dayz standalone for even more money then what i pay for it. You go have fun. Buh Bye.

Excuse me?

Who said I wouldnt buy both?

Second of all, I've never tried war inc, and Im pretty sure the engine doesnt stink more than ArmA 2's engine. And I'm sure DayZ engine will stink as much.

Any game made today shouldnt be playable on anything else than low. High should be obtainable in like 2-3 years.

This isn't about boycott at all.

You just don't understand my point.

You're right if you say I bought arma 2 and I have no right to just trade it for dayz standalone.

But from my point of view I bought dayz. Even if BI would do this trade there would be money

left they could just keep.

I want to trade a 25€ game for 10€ game, are you serious?

As I said it's not about boycott.

It's just ... if I have to pay anyways ... I can just buy WarZ instead.

This isn't Greenman gaming or any other online game trade in service.

Buy your WarZ and enjoy it's mediocrity.

I intend to buy the stand alone and continue to play the mod, especially after it's opened up to the modding community.

Edited by Bukethead

Buy your WarZ and enjoy it's mediocrity.

Well, with all the bugs and problems the dayz mod has, it's also mediocre.

I don't hope for it, I'm really not, but there's still the possibility that the

standalone will be just like that again.

Just wanted to say ...

I mean we don't really know much about it yet.

Edited by grasmann

Well, with all the bugs and problems the dayz mod has, it's also mediocre.

I don't hope for it, I'm really not, but there's still the possibility that the

standalone will be just like that again.

Just wanted to say ...

I mean we don't really know much about it yet.

So wait, if they're both mediocre then why play either, at all? There seems to be another motive behind your protest than just the fact that you aren't going to be compensated for what you feel is this huge monetary burden that is having to buy Arma II/OA.

Have you ever played War Inc? I don't think their engine will ever be even a quarter as good as the Arma II engine is, and much less of what the Arma III engine will be.

Edited by Bukethead
  • Like 1

There seems to be another motive behind your protest than just the fact that you aren't going to be

compensated for what you feel is this huge monetary burden that is having to buy Arma II/OA.

-_-" I'm not impressed by that assumption. The next thing that will probably happen is the

He-Is-A-Noob-And-Got-PWND-Card I guess?

And no I have never played War Inc, but If the engine is heavily modifiable there shouldn't be big problems.

EDIT:

But the reason for this discussion also isn't WarZ, it was just me who said he would consider buying it instead,

I think it's kind of immature to bash it all the time, to try to provoke me .... or whatever.

Just forget about WarZ and let's just call it "alternative game solution" from now on.

Edited by grasmann

Seriously, if you have enough money to afford a rig that can even play ArmaII the $10 or whatever they are going to charge for the first Alpha keys of the standalone is not even worth the time type a thread to bitch about it. It's not like you are a starving refugee in Bangladesh - you live in a first world country. Even $30 is not that much. Granted, I agree it sucks to pay $ for a game and find out it's trash, but thats not the case here. I have no problem paying a few more dollars to support these guys. They need to eat, too, and it's not like they are charging $60 for a standalone then $60 for maps (F* you CoD). It's a very reasonable price for a great game.

The standalone is going to be cheaper then a movie and a popcorn. If you have access to a computer and can post on the internet and you think $10 (or whatever it is - Rocket said hte final release version would be around $30, so the initial keys have to be significantly cheaper then that) you need to find a job. Seriously. You don't have time for video games.

Also, Rocket has repeatedly stated that the mod would continue to be developed along with the standalone - if you want to keep playing the mod you "paid" for, have at it. It's still going to be there. Not sure what you are even bitching about.

• Like 1

-_-" I'm not impressed by that assumption. The next thing that will probably happen is the

And no I have never played War Inc, but If the engine is heavily modifiable there shouldn't be big problems.

I'll gladly be ird of the likes of you sir! You've already done us a service in buyin Arma2 and help making the Standalone a reality, we do no longer require your services.

Have some beans and get out of here, no one will miss you. Have fun with your 'WarZ' game.

Seriously though... the standalone won't be out for quite some time and, like it's been mentioned before, the development on the mod will still continue, so what are you complaining about?!

• Like 1

I was speculating, you are assuming. If you think I'm going to play a so called "He-Is-A-Noob-And-Got-PWND-Card" then why even reply, and frankly why should I even reply when you think you know what I'm going to say before I say it?

Now if you'd like to actually tell me what other reason you have, then I can continue.

Edited by Bukethead

That's all.

I'd also like to trade my copy of Windows 95 for Windows 7, my Office 2003 for 2010, and all my outdated Adobe software for thee newest version, too. While we're at it, I would also like to trade in my 2006 IS250 for the 2012 model.

I think we all understand that it would be nice to trade in old stuff for new, but that is not the way it works. No law in nature that says it has to work this way, so if you want to take the time and effort to create and support a software package and provide unlimited lifetime upgrades, go for it. I suspect if you are on the other side of the equation you would have a very different viewpoint.

• Like 3

Now if you'd like to actually tell me what other reason you have, then I can continue.

I don't have any other reason.

I'm actually repeating myself here.

All I'm saying is the following:

Many people bought arma 2 with only ONE reason, to play dayz.

So it would be a nice thing to do for BI to let them trade their arma 2 for dayz standalone.

Maybe the mod is continued ... but if I see the progress that has been made in the mod recently I doubt that there is much to come.

If I have to buy the standalone to have a better gameplay experience without all the errors of the mod, and with new content, which probably

will never be included in the mod, I might as well just buy an alternative game solution, which does cost 5€ more.

That is all I'm saying ... why do you feel so offended by that? What's the problem?

Edited by grasmann

I don't have any other reason.

I'm actually repeating myself here.

So it would be a nice thing to do for BI to let them trade their arma 2 for dayz standalone.

Maybe the mod is continued ... but if I see the progress that has been made in the mod recently I doubt that there is much to come.

If I have to buy the standalone to have a better gameplay experience without all the errors of the mod, and with new content, which probably

will never be included in the mod, I might as well just buy an alternative game solution, which does cost 5€ more.

So your reason therefore is, and these are your words not mine but paraphrased: I'm going to boycott the sale of one mediocre game because I'm not going to be compensated for buying a game to play a mod, by buying another mediocre game.

The logic is infallible.

I'm going to boycott the sale [...]

Alright, my mistake. I forgot to mention also that again.

As I said before:

It's not about boycott, it's just that the design of the alternative game solution is

even more appealing to me.

agreed - 99% of dayz players only purchased arma 2 for dayz. don't go into lawyer-mode and tell us we were technically paying for arma 2, and that dayz is free.

newsflash: all the dayz developers are BIS employees. they're not some independent 3rd party getting $0 funds from all these arma 2 sales.

Guys, the thing is ... I can perfectly understand your arguments.

Arma 2 and dayz standalone are different games, but with the nature of the mod ( like naizarak said ), BI made much profit with it.

While I have to admit that you guys are theoretically right, I simply don't see the problem.

Those people who enjoy arma 2, keep it and buy dayz standalone.

Those people who just want dayz trade their arma 2 for dayz standalone.

This way BI, would make a really nice offer for their customers and the community, everybody is happy.

Otherwise the customers are considering to buy another product.

I'm not saying they consider it because they don't get something for free, which they also have no right for, I'm saying they're considering it

because they have to pay anyways.

Simple as that, and if you think about it ... just a SECOND ... you know it's true.

Edited by grasmann

Lol yeah.. and i only bought BF3 because it's fun. so DICE should lend me a free copy of BF4, otherwise i'm going to switch to COD and tell all my friends to play with me because i don't want to play alone. i hope DICE is listening.

-_-

Edited by CaptainBingo
  • Like 2

agreed - 99% of dayz players only purchased arma 2 for dayz. don't go into lawyer-mode and tell us we were technically paying for arma 2, and that dayz is free.

newsflash: all the dayz developers are BIS employees. they're not some independent 3rd party getting $0 funds from all these arma 2 sales.

I hope you are trolling otherwise you are very misinformed and you'd be careful to make claims like you have as some people may think you're an idiot.