Sign in to follow this  
kaaona

Lingor Island Great Success-Will there be more new maps?

I love Lingor Island and I think it came to a great success.I was wondering if you guys think/know about new maps coming soon after the success of Lingor Island?

Lingor Island is frowned upon by the DayZ Dev team so anything else thats released will be to.

Lingor Island is frowned upon by the DayZ Dev team so anything else thats released will be to.

Why frowned upon??? By that do you mean they dont like??

I find it ironic that a mod development team frowns upon the modification of their mod.

Day Z frowning on Lingor is like Bohemia frowning on Day Z. It seems a bit weird to me.

Anyways, I love Lingor. A much better map than Cheranus in just about every aspect.

Their stance has softened on Lingor, but the bottom line is they did not make it, so they do not support it.

In the future there will be more official DayZ maps. First is the new and improved Chernarus with 72% more enter-able buildings.

Lingor was never made for DayZ.. it existed long before DayZ, so I am confused to what you mean by that.

Lingor was never made for DayZ.. it existed long before DayZ, so I am confused to what you mean by that.

The guy that combined the Lingor map with rockets DayZ code did so without permission from rocket, or icebreakr (lingor creator). Thats the reason we take a tough stand on it. I played lingor in arma 2 OA vanilla, and it rocks. Dont hold me to this, but i expect an official version when standalone comes out.

• Like 1

The guy that combined the Lingor map with rockets DayZ code did so without permission from rocket, or icebreakr (lingor creator). Thats the reason we take a tough stand on it. I played lingor in arma 2 OA vanilla, and it rocks. Dont hold me to this, but i expect an official version when standalone comes out.

I was pointing what I wrote to the OP, because his tone almost made it sound as if Lingor was specifically made for DayZ.

I guess what I don't understand is why the frown upon it??? It makes people happier and more talk gets about DayZ plus it gets a little boring play the same map Over and OVER again... You get to know where everything is and within 30 min your back to your normal fit soldier.... Lingor you dont have any idea where things are PLUS tons more types of buildings that makes it more fun..... One last thing... what do you mean 72% more enterable buildings???

It's simple really, the development team has no control whatsoever over the code they run there, so people may become confused about what is and is not a DayZ feature. Weapons and vehicles that the people who developed the Lingor mod included are not in the regular DayZ Mod, bugfixes that happen for DayZ may not be implemented there, but we get the support requests, etc. It's simple, really, once DayZ is in a reasonably stable state and rocket gives his okay, modding is fine, but modding DayZ at this point in time leads to fragmentation and makes the project even harder to manage than it already is. Lastly, it's simply not what DayZ was designed for, DayZ's idea was persistent, single hive, Zombie survival and that idea still lingers. I for one never understood why people couldn't just play Chernarus Apocalypse, Dynamic Zombie Sandbox or another Zombie mod if they wanted "private" servers on the ARMA engine with Zombie survival. They're much more geared towards that experience, DayZ, without the shared hive, is pretty simplistic.

Edited by jwiechers
  • Like 1

I guess what I don't understand is why the frown upon it??? It makes people happier and more talk gets about DayZ plus it gets a little boring play the same map Over and OVER again... You get to know where everything is and within 30 min your back to your normal fit soldier.... Lingor you dont have any idea where things are PLUS tons more types of buildings that makes it more fun..... One last thing... what do you mean 72% more enterable buildings???

But in Lingor there are so many military spawns you can get fully kitted out in two seconds.

I personally changed to lingor coz of the enterable buildings pretty much.

I then found some more nice things about it:

Darkness is actual DARKNESS

The terrain is awsome with all the hills

I guess i just like the feel of a tropical island more then a russian landscape (NOT dissing dayz in anyway)

Have a look at my sig, if you like or wanna try out lingor :)

And i like the idea of supporting it in the future, but Rocket has enough to do atm, so its not priority.

Edited by Byrgesen

Lingor has a lot of things going for it. You can spawn all over the place, there's more buildings to go in (including way more types of buidlings), more high value loot spawns means people will spread out across the map instead of congregating in one place (looking at you NWAF), and more dynamic terrain.

Chernarus is cool don't get me wrong, but there's only so much running through nothingness a man can take.

"great I've got everything I need to survive alone in the wild gun w/ ammo, medical supplies, decent backpack, map, compass, hunting knife, hatchet, matches, binos, food, and water. Looks like its time to head north. (plots a waypoint to NWAF from cherno). 9km!!! DAFUQ!?"

With all the Private Hives that are showing up, I'm sure that there will be.

I know most of the comunity made maps and I don't really see one that would work well with DayZ.

My favorite map is Namalsk but there again, not really ideal for DayZ.

Moved to the correct Forum.

No, it isn't. I saw an interview with Rocket and he said he liked the idea of (but hadn't yet played) Lingor. :)

Namalsk would ROCK with Dayz!!!!!!

With all the Private Hives that are showing up, I'm sure that there will be.

I know most of the comunity made maps and I don't really see one that would work well with DayZ.

My favorite map is Namalsk but there again, not really ideal for DayZ.

Moved to the correct Forum.

Namalsk WOULD ROCK with dayz !

Yes. Soon :P

OMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD.

Cool.

(For those who don't know Sumrak, the above poster, is the creator of the Namalsk map, soo OMYGODOMYGODOMYGOD..)

Edited by RastaKoueR
  • Like 1

I don't see why most mods see every other map not "suitable" with DayZ. I love Chernarus don't get me wrong, but you all seem so closed minded when the topic of a new map is brought up. I think new maps are exactly what needs to be experimented with. Chernarus when broken down is really about 4-5 key locations and the rest filler. Lingor I feel expanded on this and has a lot more viable locations worth visiting.

I think the best possible map would definitely have to be made from the ground up. Taking a premade map is fine, but creating from scratch to perfectly fit the atmosphere and limitations of DayZ would be ideal. I think a map that had a lot of creepy abandoned buildings of grand scale would be awesome (shopping malls, full size prisons, police stations etc). This would make the "running for 15 minutes" actually meaningful, giving you a destination you really want to see and experience. The fear of another survivor being in a massive building would be just as scary as that zombie around the corner in the dark hallway. Lighting definitely needs to be a bigger aspect of the game, with proper lighting, the "feel" of DayZ would be brought out and executed much better.

I am not stating I am 100% right, just giving my opinion. I hope in the future more mods can appreciate other peoples work and map creations. It is only making DayZ a more talked about game, and that isn't a bad thing in my books. Whether it be Chernarus or Lingor or whatever, the community of DayZ needs to work with each other not against one another for the game to succeed.