uberwolfe

Is this game dying?

Simply put, yes. Between the hackers and the CoD rejects thinking this is a fragfest ... the game is losing its appeal quickly. Remember when strangers could actually play together? The Humanity/bandit mask has helped a bit -- if you have a bandit mask, I will shoot you on sight.

Well after months of playing DayZ and mastering the game what else is there to do than to run around the 2 big cities like John Wayne shooting people indiscriminately?

• Like 1

Of course it is. The hacking isn't as bad as it was a couple weeks ago but its still going to keep driving people away. The game already takes a certain amount of patience so that alone will make people find other shit to play. The hacking just makes it much easier to decide your wasting your fucking time.

The loot hunt is gone for most people because you can find ridiculous gear if you just look around cherno/electro. Always a bunch of corpses/tents with stuff on them. Zombies are not a threat so people like myself stick to pvp. Not much reason to leave the coast in search for better stuff.

With CS:GO out and Guild Wars 2 a couple days away I will probably let this game go for now. Perhaps i'll check it out when stand alone is closer to release.

• Like 1

The hacking is the reason we've all stopped playing for now, can't speak for everyone but I guess that's the main thing just now.

I don't care if I clip into a wall and die, but god mode hackers and constantly being nuked is something I just can't be bothered with.

• Like 2

There's plenty of 'endgame', but that endgame likes to disappear during restarts until they polish the bugs, That's the only thing keeping me from playing all day every day.

It's hard to make a base and recruit and build your army when everything you work for disappears randomly.

• Like 1

I don't get what people expect to do if not PVP. Do you really find hunting animals fun and exciting? Or killing zombies only? This game has no actual point to it other than PVP. Once you get geared up, that is all that is left to do.

Hackers and such seem to be on the low low now compared to a few weeks ago or so. Battle eye finally kicked it into gear for the most part. The real problem is all the bugs and lack of end game. In ARMA 2 itself, you have objectives. In this game, it's just die, get gear, die again, lose gear, die by hackers. Run marathons trying to get gear. I mean HONESTLY, what is the point of this game? The only reason I play is because most of the other games I have are just as boring. The only fun I have is when I play with my friends and PVP. Leave the hatchet nubs alone, and kill the geared players.

• Like 2

I've had some fun but mostly take long breaks due to frustration, I've tried getting some friends to play with me but they all find it too buggy to bother with and eventually give up too.

I don't get what people expect to do if not PVP. Do you really find hunting animals fun and exciting? Or killing zombies only? This game has no actual point to it other than PVP. Once you get geared up, that is all that is left to do.

I get what you're saying, but there's still plenty of stuff to do. How many vehicles/helicopters/boats have you found (original spawns) and repaired to fully-functioning? Have you tried helping new players instead of just killing them? The game is what you make it -- for most people, it's hardcore Call of Duty.

• Like 2

So the rushed standalone alpha based on the same code will be problem free you reckon?

Cool, I'm just off down to the floating marshmallow party mall on my freaking purple glowing gay unicorn, want me to get you a fresh tub of Fantasy?

Mod: bolted on top

Game: built from the inside out

so yes, it will solve a lot of the problems

I get what you're saying, but there's still plenty of stuff to do. How many vehicles/helicopters/boats have you found (original spawns) and repaired to fully-functioning? Have you tried helping new players instead of just killing them? The game is what you make it -- for most people, it's hardcore Call of Duty.

I have found 2 atv's , 1 car and my clan found a heli and repaired it but than a server hopper spawned in our camp because the forums are full of rats that are againts teamwork and they steal our gear and vehicles and all our stuff which we usually go to the coast with and give away to starter players.

Since than I have just gathered myself and my friends on teamspeak and we just sit outside elektro and cherno and just have a game of who in the group is the best sniper.

I have found 2 atv's , 1 car and my clan found a heli and repaired it but than a server hopper spawned in our camp because the forums are full of rats that are againts teamwork and they steal our gear and vehicles and all our stuff which we usually go to the coast with and give away to starter players.

Since than I have just gathered myself and my friends on teamspeak and we just sit outside elektro and cherno and just have a game of who in the group is the best sniper.

ever thought maybe you've put too many hours into a game that's only half developed?

If you're still enjoying yourself that's great, but there's no crime in getting bored with an unfinished game, you can play something else whilst you wait for the stand-alone....

Actually yes, I DO enjoy killing zombies only, I very rairly pvp, in any game really, I'm just a pve sort of guy. the zombies arn't to much of a threat once you get the hang of it true, (thanks to the bugs) but things get more tense as you try to constantly beat your old kill record, without getting spotted by someone out to fuck your shit. I like to play with the mindset that this IS the zombie appocolips and I am doing my part to rid the earth of the zombie scurge. Even though humanity at this point seems to have spiraled into spawn camping skripters, I still like to think there are afew survivors out there, like me, who could stand to see afew less zombies in the area durring hairy situation.

At the end of the day, it's a just a game, and I can play it however the fuck I want, and have fun doing it.

(edit: wow my spelling really goes down hill in the morning...)

Edited by Archonic
  • Like 3

At the end of the day, it's a just a game, and I can play it however the fuck I want, and have fun doing it.

Agreed. A lot of people seem to think that if you're not playing the game the same way as them, you're doing it wrong and should stop playing.

We hit 1,1 mill sunday.

25000 new players since then.

We mos def dying.

In theory you are correct. But what kind of game can be built from the inside out in a matter of a month or two, thats worth a shit? The "stand alone" seems more like a supported mod, that will also be in Alpha. I highly suspect the majority of the issues we have now will be present in the standalone, I hope I am wrong.

During the last few days I've noticed the player count decreasing rapidly. Cant just find a stable server with 15+ people playing. Either they just slowly drain out or all quit due to a hacker. I've been playing for good 4-5 months now and I saw my first hacker about 5 days ago, and at least one hacker per day after that. Not much interested in the game right now.

• Like 1

If there is not some kind of update from Rocket this week I will presume that the mod has been officially abandoned by the developers, and because of that

You mean like the update they posted that said "We're going to be at GamesCon" which has basically been going on since the last patch came out?

Here's an update, Sherlock: They're still at fucking Gamescon.

Shocking news brought to you from the front lines.

Also for all the hate WarZ seems to be becoming the new social media darling, it's getting a lot of exposure.

/r/thewarz has a whole 500 subscribers and it's Facebook page has 330 likes. Meanwhile nothing on Kotaku, nada on Gamasutra, squat on IGN... basically no mentions across any gaming news site (because there's nothing to mention since they haven't done anything since releasing those 5 concept screens a month ago)... and Google searches pretty much just return threads on this forum.

So, yeah, it's totally blowing up... a real social media "darling." :rolleyes:

Like, what?

In theory you are correct. But what kind of game can be built from the inside out in a matter of a month or two, thats worth a shit? The "stand alone" seems more like a supported mod, that will also be in Alpha. I highly suspect the majority of the issues we have now will be present in the standalone, I hope I am wrong.

The stand-alone will be released in Alpha state, yes. This is openly acknowledged.

The point to stand-alone is not to solve all of the issues at release, it is to move the game on to its own engine so that rocket and the team actually have the power to address those issues.

They could certainly sit down and do all of the work to fix the issues before releasing, but that might mean mid-2013 before we see anything.

I for one would much rather play an unfinished stand-alone even if it is plagued by some of the same issues than wait around for 6-8 months with no DayZ.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby
  • Like 3

The game is dying. Lack of content for end game, people killing on sight more often than not, server issues, hive issues, everything is bugged, duping, hacking, Rocket releasing patches that cause more harm than good, etc. The list can go on forever. The stand alone game will fall as well, all rocket has done is opened the eyes of other companies, that now see the potential behind a sandbox zombie survival game and those other companies will do it right. Rocket doesn't have the resources or manpower to produce the game that he wants in a timely manner and his product will die because of it.

Here's an update, Sherlock: They're still at fucking Gamescon.

:facepalm:

Never tried DayZ? Try it at GamesCom 2012.

Gamescom 2012 is in Cologne, Germany during the 15th August 2012 through to the 19th August 2012. There will be an open stand in Hall 9 - A-22 – Public, where eager gamers can have the opportunity to play the latest build of DayZ. Entrance to our stand is open to everyone over the age of 16.

Arma 3 and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission will also be available to play at the stand.

For more information visit - http://www.bistudio....2012-in-cologne

• Like 2

TIDDU.png

Also, you could use your judgement based on the fact that there are fucking interviews being posted with rocket from like yesterday... just because they're booth isn't open doesn't mean they packed up and left the conference.

And even if they've been back for a day or two, maybe they're catching up on sleep and not fucking hacking away at bugs the minute they walk in the door?

You know. Or just facepalm and post some inaccurate info.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

TIDDU.png

Also, you could use your judgement based on the fact that there are fucking interviews being posted with rocket from like yesterday... just because they're booth isn't open doesn't mean they packed up and left the conference.

And even if they've been back for a day or two, maybe they're catching up on sleep and not fucking hacking away at bugs the minute they walk in the door?

You know. Or just facepalm and post some inaccurate info.

We would like to confirm our attendance at Gamescom 2012 in Cologne, Germany during the 15th August 2012 through to the 19th August 2012.

http://www.bistudio.com/english/home/news/company/316-visit-gamescom-2012-in-cologne

• Like 2

First things first: THIS THREAD IS ABSOLUTELY NEW AND EXCITING, NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE

So according to OP the game is dying because a few of his favourite servers will shut down soon

Uhm...yeah....so what you're gonna do about it?

What's the matter with you people yelling "DAYZ IS DYING OMGOMGOMG"

Like a post in the forums would suddenly change anything...fucking morons

If people want to quit DayZ then it shall be so, as long as I find a server with 30-50 people on it I'll continue to play it

You're wasting forum traffic

Edited by Hawk24

Haven;t read the interviews then? You know all the bits about DayZ standalone being built around ARMA 1.67 etc. Its NOT being built from the inside out.