Sign in to follow this  
Mr-Zer0

Fucking Humanity...

This forum however, is full of people who like to call you silly names and try to hurt your feelings. For whatever reasons, I can only guess, but I would think it is because they can do it and hide behind the anonymity of the internet. If they tried it at the local shops, they would soon have no teeth.

whatisthisIdonteven

Really, there's no need to show appreciation even for the worst kind of dicks this community has to offer.

We've got enough bronies here to do just that.

Once a bandit always a bandit.

well i got like -49K humanity but i'm actually really friendly and always trying to save someone... even saved a WHOLE bus which for some reason exploded...

tho i did not have epi pens but i had 4 blood bags and 5 bandages so i just dragged everyone from the burning bus, bandaged them and blood baged them and ran away (because of my bandit skin)

The bandit skin is fair for sure. Anyone that bitches about it should reconsider their ability to play as a bandit.

I.E. Now that KOS has consequences, learn to deal with them or become a survivor again. A long and tedious road to recovery, yes, JUST LIKE THE REAL WORLD.

Dear OP,

Don't worry, this game is full of laughs and giggles, so just enjoy them when you can. This forum however, is full of people who like to call you silly names and try to hurt your feelings. For whatever reasons, I can only guess, but I would think it is because they can do it and hide behind the anonymity of the internet. If they tried it at the local shops, they would soon have no teeth.

Personally, I like to aim for the legs, and then watch them bleed out through my binoculars. I tried having a positive humanity, but discovered pretty quickly that zombies respawn faster than the ammo does, people keep finding the vehicles I try to hide, and the server admins hog all the choppers.

The Lee Enfield is a fantastic leg-breaker, and they spawn all over the place, as do binoculars.

Yours sincerely,

Bandit BIO

Nice one. I like to see people who player kill on a video game us the "anonymity of the internet" card.

The whole "Try saying that in person" thing makes sense but its laughable when its followed up by a guy talking about shooting people in the legs. Chances are you wouldnt do that at the local shop any more than the forum people here would run their mouth.

Wow, all these negative posts really shows how much of a dick the community is...

Still not as big as you mister :) enjoy being shot at :)

• Like 1

Wow, all these negative posts really shows how much of a dick the community is...

Nope ... you are looking at it wrong and seperating gameworld from reality. All these negative posts are just forum KOS on a bandit .... just like in the game.

What does annoy me though ... is that when I shoot a bandit, it still gives me negative humanity, I would have thought killing bandits was a positive thing.

The other thing that annoys me about a bandit skin, is that I don't know if the bandit I'm shooting has -5000 humanity or -75000 humanity. It is pretty easy to get to -5000 if you have been in a firefight defending a vehicle or something.

Guys i have the same problem i have only killed in self defense and i had -16k its like -10k now but still why the hell should i be punished for defending my self from some douche who shot first? the worst thing is this affects my gameplay as I was always a ask if someone is friendly and would always help people now people either run from me or more than likley shoot me in the face.. not that they didnt anyway i guess so im not sure if this has affected that much after typing this lol

I'm in the same boat. I've just come to accept the bandit lifestyle. although a lot of my negative humanity comes from self defense as well.

My humanity was at 3250 before I logged off. Then I log back in and it starts at 0 and rises slowly to around 2300. Does that mean my humanity is 5550 now? Or is it still at 3250?

due to the bug that resets stats when you change skin, when you log in and it swaps you to your hero skin your stats reset, you'll then start to gain the passive humanity upto 2500 again.

If you put on a ghillie or camo then log out and back in, since it isn't changing your skin as soon as you log in, you will be able to see your actual humanity etc.

also in your situation you should be at 5550 now.

I was always under the assumption that every time you spawn, that is a completely different character. Considering that, I don't really like the fact that humanity is a cumulative stat.

Shooting people on sight? Whats the big deal? Nothing has changed.

From what I can deduce, the OP is frustrated that he can't play both sides (bandit & hero) without consequence. The fact that his actions now persist through death, cause him anxiety, because people will defend themselves without question.

The skin is a welcome'd addition, because it allows ALL players to get an idea of who killed them (if they see their killer.) For example, if they see a guy with a towel wrapped around his face, they know it's a bandit and should proceed with caution. If they see a stripped shirt, it can also be a bandit in disguise, but it that is unlikely, and players can determine on their own if they will less likely be killed on sight.

Edited by Heaves

I have been playing for 4 months

You got -75000 humanity in self defense in 4 months, you must be terrible at stealth, I'm stilling going at 18 days and never had contact with another player, the closest I got was about 5 guys driving past me.

Nice one. I like to see people who player kill on a video game us the "anonymity of the internet" card.

The whole "Try saying that in person" thing makes sense but its laughable when its followed up by a guy talking about shooting people in the legs. Chances are you wouldnt do that at the local shop any more than the forum people here would run their mouth.

Actually if I took a gun to the shops I would fully expect to be shot by the police, good thing DayZ is just a game then, huh?

When you get abused on a forum, is that a game? Is this phenomenon called 'trolling' that recent generations take so much pride in, a game? My generation call it 'being an asshole', and we used to do it in person. No one would take knives and guns to schools, no one would go to the shops and murder a bunch of strangers, but a lot of assholes had less teeth.

My enjoyment in breaking your legs, comes from the satisfaction I can derive from out-smarting you, in a virtual setting. where does the satisfaction from trolling come from? I have even been known to bandage and morphine survivors that are unarmed, after breaking their legs, it's a game, it's fun.

After some poor kid commits suicide because they were 'trolled' by their peer group, do they respawn on the coast with another chance for some fun?

Bring on the apocalypse, I want to see this world burn. Churchill, Kennedy, Ghandi, Gorbachev, these names mean anything to you? While you all worry about your feelings getting hurt because someone beats you in a video game. Try to imagine a world without video games. You are all playing right into the hands of the fiends that are seeking to divide us and enslave us.

When you walk past a stranger in the street, you have no idea what terrible trials and tribulations they might be going through in their life. We are all in the same boat.

Be helpful and constructive in real life, save your malicious and evil side for video games.

Oh lets all rag on him because he was a bastard at one point huh?

Or maybe we could congratulate him on wanting to improve his behaviour and be a 'friendly' instead of a bandit?

Oh.. But we can't because of THIS SHITTY SKIN SYSTEM. Hes trapped in a perpetual loop of being a bandit, cos the humanity system is a fucking joke.

People don't even realise how much gameplay these skins completely remove, because they'd rather a simple 'shoot the baddies' system. Theres goes 80*% of all the in game tension.

Edited by Never

I scope out citys a good while through my DMR scope to see if anyone is in town. If I find someone I check out their weapons (if any), type of backpack, try to figure out if they have friends around etc. I have only saw one person that had a bandit skin. Now I play friendly and 90% of the time I run off to avoid conflict and only have 1 murder due to a guy with an AK (non bandit skin) running straight at me and I had no time to try to talk it out (I had no mic at the time).

Personally if a bandit skinned person was close enough to talk to, I would probably shoot at them instead of asking if they wanted to avoid killing eachother. Their skin tells me most of their intentions right off the bat. I think bandit skins are realistic in that,in real life, you would eventually figure out based on peoples actions, dress attire, and manner in which they talked if they were bandits or not. You can meet people on the street in real life and some people you can tell are more likely to be a threat to you then others. Its a natural self defense mechanism. I think the bandit skin puts this mechanism in the game.

double post sorry

Edited by Alpha331

I have a similar problem, except I was sniped in camo clothes, I respawned on 0 humanity, down from 5,300 and then I walked around for a while waiting for my friend to get on to bag him, but it got to 600, then i logged off, i came back an hour later and im on 0 again, anyone know how to fix this, I don't like looking like a bandit (also I see myself in hero skin so not sure if this changes anything)

After the new patch, my humanity has started out at around -75000, I was like, "Whoa, this is weird." So, after I die later on, I notice that my humanity is back at zero, so I deduced that humanity resets after you die. When I log out an hour later and play at an even later time, my humanity comes back at -75000. I then realize that humanity is tied to your account, and I am completely angered by the fact that I don't have the fair chance of becoming a normal survivor again. Now, I'm being killed on sight since I have the banit skin, and I can't get the hero skin unless I blood bag someone over 100 times... If someone knows how to reset it, please let me know. I can't become a normal survivor and be friendly because of this.

You can't run from your past bro. Man up and take responsibility for yourself.

Oh lets all rag on him because he was a bastard at one point huh?

Or maybe we could congratulate him on wanting to improve his behaviour and be a 'friendly' instead of a bandit?

Oh.. But we can't because of THIS SHITTY SKIN SYSTEM. Hes trapped in a perpetual loop of being a bandit, cos the humanity system is a fucking joke.

People don't even realise how much gameplay these skins completely remove, because they'd rather a simple 'shoot the baddies' system. Theres goes 80*% of all the in game tension.

Wah wah wah

It means he has to work at it to make the skin change, he can't just flip a coin and redeem his past misdemeanour's. Excuse me if I don't shed a tear or play the worlds smallest fucking violin.

I'm glad that humanity stays with the account and not just the character. Makes it easier to tell who is most likely to shoot you and who could possibly just walk away. unfortunately i am stuck with a bandit skin so i am trying my best to avoid main cities. Also, if i see another player i just walk in a different direction. The chances of a survivor accepting my help in a bandit skin is very low, whereas the chance of them blowing my face off due to "self defence" is very high.

My advise is; if you want the survivor skin to help people out and/or increase your chances of survival, then avoid towns and don't shoot any players. Don't bother wasting your time if you just want the skin to fool others into thinking you're a helpful guy.

Hope you learned your lesson, have fun looting cherno hostpitals!

Indeed. OP: see you in beta or stand alone when all our stats are reset, but now: Deal with it. Karma is a bitch.

I wish humanity would be even more unforgiving in this game.

I killed about 30 people in 3 months for various reasons. Including being a dick when I had a bad irl day. My humanity is still 2500. You were a naughty naughty player!

Edited by ToasterDiagramm