Sign in to follow this  
daspope

To those who look down on bandits/pvp...

I realize this is a PvP oriented game, however when trolls kill fresh spawns or some guy armed with a hatchet, a bandaid and a can of beans trying to find gear in cherno, that's when I have a problem. If you want to have "fun" and play TDM, do everyone a favor and go play COD or Battlefield 3

Thats where i'm at had to ban two asshats for being jerks in chat to new players and "hacking" their parents didn't love them evidentally; I am not a babysitter! On my server i expect people to play the game however they like; you want to be the sniper hill guy taging bambis as they run around cherno? be my guest but be cool about it and play legit oh and don't shoot the admin helping bambis..that'll get you banned.

don't shoot the admin helping bambis..that'll get you banned.

Yet another guy who was can't stand getting owned so he bought his own server.

I realize this is a PvP oriented game, however when trolls kill fresh spawns.

My first 3 or so spawns ended up like this

1] Spawn near Komarovo, bullet in the head from where god knows.

2] spawn near Elektro bad spawn, there were 4 players already patrolling the coast(i got unlucky)died a horrible death.

3] Komarovo/Balota area gunned down within 3 mins

I didn't have much luck,

This game has way too much to offer than just killing other players in the cities, for me it's the exploration surviving i deliberately go straight into the hills and as far away from civilisation as i can,

Edited by Crazy one

Bandits are cowards. I have died 3 times today in the first 5mins of spawning by bandits who clearly have far superior weapons than I have even seen. Also vehicles, where they drive right upto you (they must somehow know you are there) even when I am in bushland.

I dont have a problem really with the PvP but....to kill an unarmed survivor is COWARDLY. And to make it worse, to kill a fresh spawn player from a distance, with a silenced weapon, is absolutely cowardly.

I have been playing for near 3 weeks now, and do ok, I guess. But the bandits are spoiling it for me.

Bandits are cowards. I have died 3 times today in the first 5mins of spawning by bandits who clearly have far superior weapons than I have even seen. Also vehicles, where they drive right upto you (they must somehow know you are there) even when I am in bushland.

I dont have a problem really with the PvP but....to kill an unarmed survivor is COWARDLY. And to make it worse, to kill a fresh spawn player from a distance, with a silenced weapon, is absolutely cowardly.

I have been playing for near 3 weeks now, and do ok, I guess. But the bandits are spoiling it for me.

You obviously come from the Arcade scene. This is a mod for a military simulator, so there people who are going to use guerilla tactics. If I can find in the tree line and use my sniper rifle, I am going to.

And before you start calling all bandits cowards, maybe you should get to know some. It's not my fault you haven't gotten to a point of decent gear, words of advice from a Bandit to you, Avoid Cherno and Elecktro like the plague, Go North, and don't make your self a target.

• Like 1

lol, put in all that work just to get killed by a makarov or have some guys in a heli find and destroy the camps...

lol put in all that work to get gear, find a car, do all the things, then some day die since it's inevitable... That's DayZ for you.

People who complain about snipers in cherno and elektro are legit, but people who complain when getting sniped on an airfield or at like stary are stupid. It might be stupid, but when I see someone running around an airifield, I tell will ask him to go away in side chat ( as I mostly play with other people, and they're most likely looting the area ) and if he doesn't I take the shot, regardless of what he has on him. This game is about PvP and sniping people so yeah >_>

I've been playing the game about two weeks, think only two of my deaths have been to sniper rifles both were in more fair PvP battles. It only takes a bit of reading up to know that going to Cherno/Elektro is a risk on a populated server.

However, for me I think sniper rifles are a bit of a balance issue, too much of a gap between the haves and the have nots. If you are looking to build a player base and encourage new players then they need looking at. Personally I question about how they fit the survivor aspect, i.e the core theme of the game. Sniper rifles in real life are very rare plus difficult to use, I can't see the average surivivor having the ability to use them, but my main issue is that we are in a zombie appocalypse, I just can't see people protecting themselves in a zombie apocalpse with a high powered rifle with limited rounds and high powered scope. Nor can I see them sitting in a hill sniping people.

The rifles and the ghillie suits encourage this new player spawn killing gameplay because it's very easy, so maybe it needs to be made harder. More zombies aggroing you or in bigger numbers reacting to such loud noises? Maybe some 'marksmen' skills to build up before you can use the rifle at certain ranges etc?

I also think being a bandit should be harder, in game it's very easy to play like a complete scumbag because it's a game. If we suffered a real life apocalypse you would get plenty of shoot on site types, but I still think most people would strive to work to together, would strive to re-build etc. Most people even under extreme circumstances would not murder other people in cold blood, but this is a game so it has no consequences so people will play this way. So I'm thinking that other playstyles should be encouraged more, a development on the hero skin I suppose, Bandits who murder people would become notorius and more easily indentifiable. You could for example have it that due to word of mouth the known repeated killers get noticed more and their approx location might show up on the map when they are near town etc. Heroes could say get some access to some cool gear as reward for helping the community.

At the moment Banditry is the more rewarding playstyle, you get better kit and as a result you are rarely threatened. It needs to be made harder and hero play needs to be rewarded more. However you can't take out PvP.

Edited by tajjuk

The Spawns of the High Powered AS50 and M107 are quiet rare, as are the spawns of many of the Quote on Quote Sniper weapons. But you think about it, Really civillians at least here in the US can own many of these weapons. The DMR or M14/M1A Scoped, is quite common. I'd say finding more Assualt Weapons and LMGs would be harder to find, then an Remington Model 700.

Or you could help to develop communities of survivors, perhaps by helping out newb spawns or preparing forward camps with water and food? Of course destroying and disrupting are much easier than building and creating.

Survive against zombies with an IQ of 60 lol?

a world with no bandits will be a just loot game, then u have all super loot , what next ? suicide

You obviously come from the Arcade scene. This is a mod for a military simulator, so there people who are going to use guerilla tactics. If I can find in the tree line and use my sniper rifle, I am going to.

And before you start calling all bandits cowards, maybe you should get to know some. It's not my fault you haven't gotten to a point of decent gear, words of advice from a Bandit to you, Avoid Cherno and Elecktro like the plague, Go North, and don't make your self a target.

Shooting unarmed/low-grade geared survivors with a sniper is a guerrilla tactic? Lol.

A guerrilla tactic would be a force of, say 5, ambushing a group of 20 guys who are better equipped, killing a few, then running off. You, you just snuggle into a bush, pop open a can of Coke and ruin people's experience. You can act all mysterious and dark and say you enjoy shooting unarmed/new spawn survivors, but the truth is you're a fucking troll (excuse my French).

Anyone played the Single Player "mod" of DayZ on Arma 3 (or Arma 2)?

This is what the game would be like without the threat of PvP - immensely boring and tbh, pointless.

For me, the best and most intense feeling you get out of DayZ is that tension and sense of expectation that you could be taken out or end up in a firefight at any moment. Without that feeling of being on edge all the time the game is not the same.

Sure it pisses me off to be shot when i am unarmed but i get over it pretty quickly. I do wish however that supposed bandits tried to be a bit more imaginative that just KOS. Hold me up, rob me, make me dance or use me as zombie bait....it will turn out a bit more fun for everyone involved.

• Like 1

Shooting unarmed/low-grade geared survivors with a sniper is a guerrilla tactic? Lol.

A guerrilla tactic would be a force of, say 5, ambushing a group of 20 guys who are better equipped, killing a few, then running off. You, you just snuggle into a bush, pop open a can of Coke and ruin people's experience. You can act all mysterious and dark and say you enjoy shooting unarmed/new spawn survivors, but the truth is you're a fucking troll (excuse my French).

Excuse me bro, I am no that kind of bandit, I am going to jump you up North. I have really only gone on one fresh spawn killing spree if you can call it that, All i did was spawn in and ran around with the makarov and losing about 3 of the fights I started. I brought food and other supplies and they had to work for the present.

YOU SIR have taken my post out of context and applied it to whatever sick fantasy you have. Care to check my recorded stuff, mostly wandering around like a derp looking for players up north. Also I have never used a sniper in a PVP situation. ALSO I never stated anything about killing fresh spawns in my post at all. So therefore under the same pretenses I can say you do the same thing that you accused me of? Care to prove that I do sit on Electro hill and sniper fresh spawns when they show up. What's that no proof then stfu.

Pretty much what I am saying is people hide in a bush, and someone else made a mistake and made themself a target. They get shot, end of story. The player failed to carry out their objective. It's a game, there are those who choose to take the easy way, then there are those who take the hard way, then there are those who fall into the wrong place at the wrong time. You can apply this to life as well. Personaly I think camping the Coast is stupid and boring, but for others, why go looking for your next kill when it will come to you. It is not MY fault that game has such a steep learning curve, nor is it my fault that some keep running back to the same place that they know there is danger, repeatably.

Edited by A_Moss_Herder

Well it's obvious we can all agree here that PvP is an essential part of DayZ. Without it, we wouldn't be here talking about DayZ.