Sign in to follow this  
daspope

To those who look down on bandits/pvp...

As many posts say... you really need to have a definsion of what PVP really is. Since a new spawn with a flashlight, painkiller and bandage is NOT PVP, thats just being the biggest dick of all time. He atleast needs a firearm.... but question is... when can you engage one of those persons. I think a person with a Makarov should only be engaged when they are pretty close up so they can actually do some damage with the thing, and not 400+ meters away with an AS50 or any sniper rifle at all for that matter... thats just completely dumb. A person with a winchester... well medium range.... and perhaps even enfield goes there too. Long range engagements should be military grade weapons... though you could actually class an enfield to this senario too since that thing got some range to it. Long range engagements should only and always be when the target is well armed and pose a major threat for you. Being a good bandit, that actually has the worth to be called a bandit... should always keep in mind on "what kind of player is this, could I gain something?" and not "a player, lets kill him".

Any new spawn killing bandit is just throwing dirt on the entire aspect of being a bandit, and should be more considerd exploiters and cowards.

There actually be some limits and rules that are kinda self explaining to some people, well it appears there is alot of stupid people out there.

• Like 3

What do you do to make the game fun? honestly? After a week, zombies pose no threat, gearing up is a snap, and you can live in the woods indefinitely...

once pvp gets boring I guess I could always troll new players with vehicles on the coast... stop and honk, as they run up just drive off a few hundred meters then stop and honk again lol.

Here is the thing, it is not the PvP so much that drives off new players it is the badits and there is a difference. Rarely will you see two fully armed and geared up people going at it. Normally all that is happening is people with sniper rifles and assault rifles killing unarmed players, that is not PvP that is just being a dick.

• Like 1

I don't look down on bandits or pvp, I just wish the game was more about zombies.

They need to fix the zombies a bit. Last night i was playing and I was getting away from a group of them. I was going to do the thing where you run in one side of a building and out another side. But about 1/2 way through the building they all kind of "snapped" in and there were 10 of them in there. So yeah they cannot run indoors but they can teleport.

How can you have fair PvP when every other nab is on skype or scripting. Should be direct chat only and any third party programs get you banned

How can you have fair PvP when every other nab is on skype or scripting. Should be direct chat only and any third party programs get you banned

Wow people with skype should get banned? you sir won the prize on being a moron. never heard anyone say this except for you, and damn happy about that.

• Like 2

Skype is used by people in every other PC game to keep an isolated chat between them and their friends. It isn't a problem anywhere else, so what makes DayZ so different? Banning people for using it is pretty rash. Scripts on the other hand, is a problem.

They need to fix the zombies a bit. Last night i was playing and I was getting away from a group of them. I was going to do the thing where you run in one side of a building and out another side. But about 1/2 way through the building they all kind of "snapped" in and there were 10 of them in there. So yeah they cannot run indoors but they can teleport.

They can only teleport on spawn, they can however noclip through walls, fences, doors, etc.

They can only teleport on spawn, they can however noclip through walls, fences, doors, etc.

But the docks are loaded with magic to stop the zombies from hacking

But the docks are loaded with magic to stop the zombies from hacking

Maybe the zombies are actually vampires and it's a mythology gag.

is that a glitch/bug or just because zombies can noclip trough walls because they just can..?

same for closed doors.

is that a glitch/bug or just because zombies can noclip trough walls because they just can..?

same for closed doors.

It seemed to start around the time the ARMA II Beta Update reverted their animations (you may have noticed the zombies are a lot slower than they were a month ago).

It seemed to start around the time the ARMA II Beta Update reverted their animations (you may have noticed the zombies are a lot slower than they were a month ago).

hoping it's gonna be fixed.

i'm not closing a door for fun after entering a building unseen to arrange my gear etc.

I've played dayz for quite some time now and in all my time met one guy who shot at me, and shot at one guy the first day I played this game. For the last weeks I haven't even seen even a sign of life other than the occasional fly coverd body. Even when I run into Cherno or Elektro I see no-one. Last week I heard gunfire, closest I've been to human contact in 8 days.

God this is depressing.

12 year old opinions really make me laugh. Don't worry kid, one day you'll mature

Where's the dislike button? Where would this game be if players couldn't kill each other unless they're equally geared? That would be the worst survival game of all time.

Once you figure out how the zombies work they won't hurt you anymore. And since players can't kill you unless you're holding an assault rifle, what's there left to do? If I want to sit by a camp fire in the woods cooking meat and telling stories I'd go do that in real life with my friends.

This is a computer game, and the player choose how he wants to play it. If you get bored of the game just because you die every time you're running in the open you should concider trying another approach.

So stop bashing people just because he or she chose a play style that differs from yours.

Games are made to entertain people, if you're not entertained there's no reason to play unless you have an addiction.

• Like 2

Hunting for "bandits" at the coast always keeps me entertained, although I don't do it much, since all "bandits" that I shoot at are pro alt-f4'ers. Seriously, I feel good about my Hero skin, it looks good too. I had to work for it. Killing innocent fresh-spawns isn't being a bandit, it's being a douche troll.

I've got to agree. I do the same thing more or less. Amazing how many spawn camping snipers have AS50's as well. Hero Skin makes a lot of survivors not shoot at me so far as well, which helps when I'm taking out the banditos.

I consider the getting sniped business a really cheap and irritating death, namely because all I see is "You are dead" and that's the end of that. I can understand why a balanced fight would be fun, the one time when I was jumped by another survivor in Kamenko when we had a hatchet duel was amazing, kiting through the town getting every zombie on us and trading blows was so much fun, because, even though I wasn't expecting it, it was a PvP experience that had both of us with a chance to win. The so called "PvPers" that sit on a hill and snipe people who have no clue of their murderers whereabouts or intentions, who pose no threat to campy McSniperton aren't "PvPers", they're people who are just bored with the game and take some sadistic pleasure in ruining someone else's game. So rather than finding a different game to play, rather than attacking someone who has a chance of killing their attacker, they sit on their buts with a sniper scope glued to their eyeball and pick off random people going about their day trying to survive, then to top it all off, they complain about how boring the game is and use it as a flawed justification as to why the snipe everyone they see.

TL;DR

Proper PvP, fine,

annoying prick sniper, go away, we don't want what you're selling.

• Like 3

What do you do to make the game fun? honestly? After a week, zombies pose no threat, gearing up is a snap, and you can live in the woods indefinitely...

if I wanted to log in, sit by a tent and a camp fire and eventually eat/drink I would just assume stay logged out.

pvp makes this game fun. Sure some people like doing the medic thing, but that's few and far between and I can see that getting just as old as sitting by a tent... who really wants to log in, spend 30+ minutes running to a guy, helping him, then logging out?

Shooting people that don't even know you are there is kinda boring too... I like to know they had a ton of fear or an adrenaline rush before I get them (or they get me).

once pvp gets boring I guess I could always troll new players with vehicles on the coast... stop and honk, as they run up just drive off a few hundred meters then stop and honk again lol.

"who really wants to log in, spend 30+ minutes running to a guy, helping him, then logging out?"

Isn't that basically the same thing as running 30+ minutes (or more, since you don't know where he is) to another player and shooting him? The whole "this is your story" line means people can play how they want to. I find it kinda cool being a hermit up north, surviving, going for a surviving record in days, living off of tents, hunting, staying warm AND unnoticed (It's not like I camp around there on an empty server) and ofcourse spying on people I see, getting thrills from just seeing a guy who has a high powered rifle and hoping he doesn't find me.

I mean I'm not a coward or non-familiar with shooting people in the face with a rifle repeatedly. I'm actually a fan of it. But I've done that in soooooooooo many games that why would I just do that in DayZ again. Especially when I know my target practice could be someone's huge frustration when he had just been trying to get somewhere, not looking for a fight. Because of the permadeath, even hiding, trying to survive as long as I possibly can is indeed pretty damn intense from time to time. Might I say it's probably eventually harder to go for a long life than just grabbing a gun and fighting until you die. In the long run.

Also because of permadeath, I respect other players lives MUCH more than in any other multiplayer "kill em all" destructionfest. That is exactly the reason I'm not into shooting on sight, as I really don't enjoy being a killjoy :/ It's just my nature, I'm sorry if that annoys you.

Sure, some find that totally boring. And ofcourse I'm not saying pvp should be removed. Hell no.

There'd be no reason to move through the woods like a ghost, never being seen by anyone, watching others.. There'd be no thrill in anything then. I guess I just wish there'd be alot more mature players who have same sort of sense of respect or might I even say "honor" :D

It sucks the hills are often full of snipers who only wanna shoot you dead to cause you grief, not because they want loot.

It sucks some play the game with no immersion at all and run around rather carelessly, trying to kill, not minding if they die in the process.

It sucks some people are out to get you with their main goal being pissing you off.

It sucks it's so popular for people to say they're friendly when they're not, as that'd be one of the only things that would make it possible for people to try other playstyles. But there's no respect, at all. The people who see only PvP do not even allow anyone else to play differently - infact, they're deliberately trying to prevent it. And I think that's kind of a dick move.

Just saying it'd be nice to have a bit more balance to the survivors vs. bandits thing, as majority always shoots on sight.. and alot of the times not because they HAVE to for their own survival, but to snicker in the bush when they pop you from 800m and end your week long character just because you got bored up north.

Sure, I could just start shooting everyone on sight too.. but to be honest, I think the game will grow stale faster for me if I do that. Then there's nothing but pvp, rinse and repeat...

• Like 1

I mean, I get a chopper... I try to go around looking for people to pick them up, share the fun.... I get shot down with AS50. I'm dead, the helicopter I took ages to fix is gone. No fun for me, no fun for others, no chopper on server. Because of THAT ONE GUY.

I could give more examples, but I think you know the type of player I mean. And it turns out, there's only not ONE of THOSE guys, they're spread around the servers pretty evenly. And I think it's not beneficial for any player, the community or the mod itself, as THOSE guys have already scared off a bunch of noobs, since the game seemed like total bullshit because of THEM. :P

Sure alot of you might think "well if I go on a hill and snipe 10 people, who cares, pvp is fun" ... but when a thousand players pull off the same stunt, the amount of other players killed is 10 000.. and I bet there are more than thousand players on a sniperhill right now shooting guys for target practice, and at least half of their kills might be a bit pissed or at least frustrated about it.

And probably going to vent that frustration by shooting someone a bit less challenging... aaand the shit just goes around...

But well, maybe that is what it makes it DayZ then... Maybe that's why it is so rewarding yet terrifying to finally fly a chopper.

All I know is; Every person who has seen me on a server has killed me. Every person I've seen on a server that didn't see me, I could've killed, but I didn't.

And I'm actually somewhat proud of not pointlessly ending their run. And kinda bummed out I haven't seen any such kindness myself, yet. :)

All I know is; DayZ is still damn addictive and I just keep going back either way. Let's hope for a little less griefertrolls. Hilarious trolls though - they're always welcome.

Oh and I'll still add: I actually found a huge truck once.. Ural, is it? From the gear (there was ALOT), I took what I wanted and you know what? I left the truck right there, unharmed, because it wasn't mine and someone had probably worked hard to get it fixed, parked there and filled with gear.

I didn't blow it up before I left. I didn't f**k it up. I didn't rob it, as I didn't really feel like pointlessly driving around, moving all their stuff they had stored in it and ruining their fun upon their next log in, as I had no reason to. That's called respect. (Sure, a totally strange concept considering the internet, but somewhere among GAMERS, it still exists.)

I just don't enjoy being a dick. And I don't like dicks.

Edited by sarcasm83
  • Like 4

I'll go for a good murder once in a while. It isn't banditry. It's survival.

This is my list of douche bandits:

Tries to ruin an attempt at locking down a city, or making a medical camp

Spawnkilling bandits

"Campfire" bandits (Lock down NW airfield, kill all in sight)

All i can say.

Well I signed up just to comment, these kids who spawn camp the beaches are nothing but little pussies. What is the joy our of shooting someone who has just spawned with nothing to gain from, except a bandage maybe. The children ruin the game and community for newcomers, I doubt I'll bother with DayZ for much longer, and when everyone gets sick of these juveniles, who are they going to spawn camp then?

I also signed up just to post. Its very annoying dealing with these people. The day before yesterday my GF and I were killed as soon as we got somewhat geared (in that we finally got our first weapons and we weren't struggling for medical supplies). Then randomly out of no where we were killed by a sniper or something. She no longer wants to play, "Whats the point" she says and we're looking for a PW protected server at this point. After starting a new char I wondered into a building near the coast and some of these ass holes actually tracked me down some how, put fencing up so I couldn't get out and tried to kill me when I got near the doors. I had just spawned and didn't have so much as a weapon and there were at least 5 or more of them trying to kill me. Sue me but I alt+4'ed and found a new server because I wasn't going to give them the "kill"

Don't get me wrong either, I'm all for Pvp but there needs to be some safe guard against people like this ruining the game for new players. Also why hasn't the idea of "PvP" servers been brought up?

Edited by GoDM1N

IMO, snipers that sit along the coast and randomly shoot unarmed and lightly armed people need to be punished. Character wipe, ban, something like that. Inb4 "BAWT IM ARE PEEING AS AN INSANE GHAI WHO SHEWTS PEPPER" just no. Along with people who barbed wire and tank trap buildings. They aren't bandits, they're just dicks.

• Like 1

There should be rivers and streams in the woods

This. Dayz wouldn't function if it didn't have PvP.. You get killed after spawning, no big deal. You can respawn again in a couple minutes or less. If people weren't killing each other it would get stale and boring.

Also why hasn't the idea of "PvP" servers been brought up?

hey I don't mean to be rude,but as much as scumbag sniper PvP is annoying, PvP is essential to the game in that peopl make the decsion on how play and survive, be it killing another player in a confrontation. But a PvP only server??? Have you heard of this game called Arma 2? You bought it right? You know it has its own MP game types right? I have, just for lulz played a "Death match" Dayz server, yuo get a loadout set up randomly and parachute in and there are buildings and loot spawns, but they arent used its a giant deathmatch reminicent of actual Arma 2 gameplay xD, completely pointless. Anyway, a specific PvP server would serve no purpose because the only thing it would add would be a food/water metre as I'm sure we all agree, DayZ mod Zeds are a funny side game in this.

Have to say I agree with the need for some distinction around here. Theres "PVP" where two people who are a threat to each other go at it, and then there are assholes who snipe unarmed fresh spawns on the beach from a hill 800m away.

First of all, PVP is essential to the game. I think we can all (or at least a very high percentage) agree on that. There'd be no reason for the non-bandits to sneak around or be cautious at all. The game would get pretty stale.

However, I really don't agree with the people saying there should be some game mechanics to stop these sniper guys. They shouldn't be banned, or kicked from server or whatever. They're free to choose their own playstyle, and that playstyle happens to be "being a dick". What I DO think should be the safeguard against these dicks is OTHER PLAYERS. Not game mechanics, but other real players, calling them dicks and hunting them down. HEROES should be the safeguard. People who choose that playstyle can comb those hills and kill those dicks. The only downside being those sniper cowards that alt-f4 as soon as they take fire. Well just fraps them and name and shame. Call them out. DISCOURAGE THEM and maybe their epeens will shrink enough from repeatedly being called a pussy and they'll knock it off.

• Like 1