caspar

DE10 - Server Thread <(^-^<) <(^-^)> (>^-^)>

@brickhead,

i can see if he or anybody else have connected or disconnected. But there are a couple of problems if i begin to kick/temp ban/ban permanently people who are preventing to die. And all will begin with the basic problem 'who is the culprit':

1. I need the Name, and because it's deactivated on DE10 you won't be able to deliver me one.

2. If i have no Name i can only check the Logs. And log checking is horrible. Not only horrible for me, its horrible for everybody else too. Why? Keep reading:

2.1. Log problem #1: Your Systemtime is not the Servertime.

2.2. Log problem #2: Humans memory isn't working perfectly. You can be 100% sure it was at 20:00 o'clock (just an example) and in fact it was at 19:58 o'clock.

2.3. Log problem #3: I don't see the position of the Player which are connecting/disconnecting.

2.4. Log Prolbem #4: I don't see his last actions without reading thousands lines of Log

If you just sum 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 together, you can imagine yourself whats the problem. The chance i falsely ban someone is really high.

But thats not all, just for this example: if there would be really only one player which has disconnected within a timerange of +/- 10 Minutes, so i can be sure he was it, your statement still stands against his disconnect-action.

At my side, presumption of innocence is a rule over all rules.

But to keep this example up. If i would ban now the 'possible culprit' and the one is coming the next day telling me:

a.) he wasn't it

b.) he had a urgent appointment and had to leave

c.) just disconnected because he was scared

d.) he has killed you some days ago and now you want to 'pay back'.

What then? How to decide what is right and what not?

All above leads me to the point, i won't temp/perma ban people if they leave the Game. This will only cause discussion over discussions and i will never ever be able to tell 100% he was it for sure.

please don't misunderstand me. I am not a 'friend' of this actions. But i am still relaxed. Dev's are reading this board, getting feadback from admins and i know that they are pretty aware of this problem too. Maybe it will took some time (it's still alpha after all) but sooner or later they won't be able to disconnect in action without risking to being delayed disconnected ingame.

can we enable some sort of server report system?

something which leaves a message with a precise timestamp on the server log?

we could use a clear syntax like

!report message

we could be using it to drop a line with a brief description and location, and come here later to explain what happened

this the log can be checked later for additional info, having a more precise idea of the time of the happening

might be handy for bug reporting

@Pod,

just write anything in the directchat and it will appear with the exact timestamp relative to the servertime in the log. So i can precisely find the point when sth happened by searching for your ingame name in combination with a rough time given from you.

Hey!

Since the database cleanup today (03/07) it seems most vehicles dissapeard. Altough if i understand the thread regarding the matter (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=26982) correctly they should reappear when the server is restarted. Is this something that is possible to do soon-ish? :angel:

@J.P.:

The Server usually restart at the same time. And was restarted 5 minutes ago. Tell me if the Problem still appear.

04.07.2012 - Serverupdate

- Updated to ArmA2 Beta Patch 94444 (ChangeLog)

- You NEED now the latest Beta Patched Client (min. 94444) to connect to DE10!

@Pod' date='

just write anything in the directchat and it will appear with the exact timestamp relative to the servertime in the log. So i can precisely find the point when sth happened by searching for your ingame name in combination with a rough time given from you.

[/quote']

This might be the only way but not really viable because an admin can't determine if the disconnection was because of manual disconnection/game crash/router restart (maybe only if it was a timeout); what if the player was already manually disconnecting when we started shooting at him? There is no way to tell.

I think that until rocket won't add a logout feature there is little we can do.

Also, I'd like to add your TS server to be able to eventually contact you if necessary but the host (http://m0ar.de/) is a bit strange and in constant maintenance (no server details).

@Andrej Dudev ,

... just type "m0ar.de" into your TS Client as Hostname and click connect ^^ ? Join the 'DayZ - DE 10' channel afterwards. The TS will be used from my Clan 'Pure' for a lot of other games so there arn't any dedicated rooms, most of them even closed for public users.

http://m0ar.de is only a website which i've create to have some coding fun. The special part is the Background. Just go to the Page, look at the background, press F5 and then look again, repeat until you had fun. But you won't find anything DayZ/TS related on the page.

Possible to report ppl who DC?

Havent got any hard evidence :/' date=' i hope its possible to see somekind of events in a log perhaps?

Outside stary sobor:

Found a sniper taking shots towards Stary, Placed a FAL round in his / her head (female model), he passed out and ½ a second later DCed.

was at 19:58 gmt+1 07-03 (If you can check some log perhaps?)

Haven't got a name as you can't see those messages anymore.

[/quote']

It's an obvious exploit to DC but no where near illegal and its not a ban'able reason or even kicking em is not a good idea.

It is a very annoying feature but its impossible to regulate atm and will stay that way untill the devs implement a method to prevent it.

But my guess is it will soonest be fixed when they make their DayZ into its own game.

Every server have 'em so strongly suggest we all learn to live with it.

Lets not encourage our good server host Casper to stop following the dev rules and guide lines.

PS. I hope you get a headshot next time ;) so he dont have time to dc..

I have myself lost countless loot and at least 4 dmr's + an L85A2 AWS, over the last couple of days, when they dc and their body gets removed xD.

Well, at least you didn't died of falling from a second floor TEC building by simply turning while in the catwalk.

Server had a Problem, was restarted and is working again. I skipped the 24h restart and tried out how long it will run without one. Seems its better to stay at the regular restart plan.

I have to report I just found a strange weapon, it's got full auto, a DMR like scope, it has two vision modes and while one is all green and won't let you see anything the other is some sort of wallhack!

only an hacker could have spawned such a thing, no weapon this good could be part of the mod...

here's a screen while looking down sights

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8027/2012070500001i.jpg

:D:D:D

@pod,

where did you found this weapon? can you make a screen of the name / inventory look?

after that please get rid of it by throwing it into the see or if you know some places where you can be sure that nobody will find it. If both is no option for you, just tell me over PM where to find you and i will get rid of it for you.

The Problem here is now that i can't be sure when the weapon was spawned and by whom. I am also not sure if it was spawned on DE 10 at all. Hopefully i can get some clue through you by the asked questions and the anti cheat logs.

I was joking, it's just an L85A2 AWS, it's legit if just a little bit overpowered

:D

I have to report I just found a strange weapon' date=' it's got full auto, a DMR like scope, it has two vision modes and while one is all green and won't let you see anything the other is some sort of wallhack!

only an hacker could have spawned such a thing, no weapon this good could be part of the mod...

here's a screen while looking down sights

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8027/2012070500001i.jpg

[hr']

:D:D:D

It simply sounds like you hit the motherload and found the best gun in the game, an L85A2 AWS from an helicopter crash. You definately shouldnt throw it away.

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=L85A2_AWS

AHHHHH I didnt see your endpost xD haha.. Yeah it is very OP

Oh boy, i was there... he's so sad because the zoom does not allow for CQC.

Now it's getting ridiculous, it is clear that someone just stored all vehicles somewhere off-map.

Except for an old bike in 10 days we were unable to find any kind of vehicle.

I sincerely hope that a meteor hits your camp, dear Mr-I-have-all-of-them.

I hope rocket will be able to find a better solution for vehicles because there is totally no fun on having zero vehicles avaiable in a server because someone stored them all in hide.

I agree that anyone can do whatever he wants with a vehicle but I feel like vehicles are being stolen from the server.

Ah yes, I am mad at the moment. master.gif

Well, actually this http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29123 may help solve the problem.

16.00 GMT+2

I'm reporting a shutdown of the server and it appears that is not autorestarting.

16:20 GMT+1 ? its up again ^^

btw. are you sure about GMT +2 ?

Your post will be displayed as 20 Minutes ago from my one.

Not much to post today... so added some new donate options:

Flattr:

flattr-badge-large.png

Bitcoin:

12DcBVptc8p3JP4r6NnAyoiv6rk1niaCBR

Litecoin:

LRNfSF97amkJbuUK9LBtf9XqqaZpn4nYES

SolidCoin:

sYGqyTNjAdZbDgw4zxES93R2CVrLfB88iu

and also edited the Server Information:

24x Cores with 2.93GHz each (4x Intel XEON X5670)

2 GB RAM for DayZ Server (68 GB Total RAM)

Now it's getting ridiculous' date=' it is clear that someone just stored all vehicles somewhere off-map.

Except for an old bike in 10 days we were unable to find any kind of vehicle.

I sincerely hope that a meteor hits your camp, dear Mr-I-have-all-of-them.

I hope rocket will be able to find a better solution for vehicles because there is totally no fun on having zero vehicles avaiable in a server because someone stored them all in hide.

I agree that anyone can do whatever he wants with a vehicle but I feel like vehicles are being stolen from the server.

Ah yes, I am mad at the moment. [img']http://happyjedi.altervista.org/phpBB3/images/smilies/master.gif

Well, actually this http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=29123 may help solve the problem.

Me and my buddy had 2 busses, 2 atv's, a tractor and a car hidden but we used em every day.. they keep spawning and despawning between server restarts so it was hard to always use em and eventually we stopped using a few of them but decided to blow em up so they would spawn again.. I would imagine others feel the same, that they simply forget about em or stop trying to use em and leave the vehicle where ever they stashed it..

I'm just as you hoping for a better cleanup system and the "promised" dynamic generated vehicle spawn

About veichles...

We would like to thank the guy who left the tractor in the fields west of Petrovka, Andrej is really enjoying the holo sights equipped M4!

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/554/2012070600005.jpg

P.S. We took your veichle, but left a tent and a little present for you :D

on a side note, are we allowed to make this kind of posts in this thread or does it have to be a strictly technical one?