Astral (DayZ)

Restore Blood \ Health Over Time

As long as the regeneration is painfully slow (like 1 blood every 10 seconds) and stops regen-ing when you drop below 6k blood, I would support this.

I think it's a good idea, maybe max 10k regen etc

Yep. I've have some crazy injuries (not just a paper cut) over the years and never needed any sort of blood transfusion to be back to normal.

I do think that you should still need to be transfused and regen should stop if your below/at a certain level though as Reymas suggested.

Or provisions should be found at the doorstep of every single house' date=' even those in which you can not enter. Being a game that wants to be close to reality, well, in every house there is at least a lighter, some matches, food, warm clothes, blankets, wood for fire (especially in villages or cottages) and so on.

[/quote']

I think your supposed to assume someone else already stole that shit.

Stole everything from every house, barn, shed, etc., from every community? It's nice though that shit respawns like magic after a while in certain places while in others, the looters, probably forgot to pick up shiny NV, SD weaponry, ordinary but good weapons and loot and so on. ;)

PS: Also due to "that server only" thing, with cars and choppers and tents, if you don't have one, repairing them it's a little bit pointless since they can be lost so easily. That's for lone wolf players or very small groups.

I think health regen is bad idea. First of all you dont suffer at all for being little less blood. When you're like 7000 blood its starts to have some effect. Like in real life you can bleed some but it has no serious effects. You already get blood from food and especially self cooked food. So basically that is the effect you are saying.

Our own blood does not magically regenerate we have to eat and drink. So NO regeneration. It is stupid and unrealistic in my mind.

Stole everything from every house' date=' barn, shed, etc., from every community? It's nice though that shit respawns like magic after a while in certain places while in others, the looters, probably forgot to pick up shiny NV, SD weaponry, ordinary but good weapons and loot and so on. ;)

[/quote']

Well it might have been 20 years since the shit hit the fan and all the weapons or other gear where moved there by survivors who abandoned them or got eaten.

You already get blood from food and especially self cooked food. So basically that is the effect you are saying.

Our own blood does not magically regenerate we have to eat and drink.

Your right. Maybe remove the +blood that food give's you and just add blood regen? I'm sure over a long period of time of course you would die from starvation and dehydration. But I still think blood would pump and regen slightly before you did. I'm not in anyway familiar with how exactly blood regens in the body. But I'd think that it would in some way even without food and water. /shrug

Well it might have been 20 years since the shit hit the fan and all the weapons or other gear where moved there by survivors who abandoned them or got eaten.

All the good stuff was moved to the airfields? But way does it reappear afterwards then to the same place? Neah... That doesn't make sense as it doesn't for you, to end up there, with that "basic" survival equipment, but without a method to light a fire, a knife, a binocular, a compass, watch or a decent weapon - the Marakov isn't one. Your equipment suggests something totally different than a stranded individual.

The background story, of course, will need to be written in the future, still, increasing the spawn rate and the number of supplies in communities and lone buildings, should be done. I'm not talking about guns necessarily (or for that matter rare ones), but the "usual" stuff: food, liquids, some sort of melee weapons, especially wood, bikes perhaps and so on.

Imo, it would make the game easier, if someone had low blood then they can just go hide for a while and regen their health, taking away the need for cooperation to use a bloodpack. Why would someone want to take the chance of getting shot because they need a blood transfusions, when they can just go wait it out for a couple hours and regen it.

But yes, I like regeneration idea.

You already get blood from food and especially self cooked food. So basically that is the effect you are saying.

Your right. Maybe remove the +blood that food give's you and just add blood regen? I'm sure over a long period of time of course you would die from starvation and dehydration. But I still think blood would pump and regen slightly before you did. I'm not in anyway familiar with how exactly blood regens in the body. But I'd think that it would in some way even without food and water. /shrug

Blood will not regen in the body without eating or drinking. Eating and drinking is the most important and basic thing you need to do to live. You cant live without drinking and your body constantly needs fluids to operate. So basically this means that body will not regenerate blood without eating or drinking. I am neither a doctor but I assume body will regenerate blood pretty slow. But we can still give blood donations etc. and it doesnt effect us much.

So if you wanted game to add regeneration it should be like you said: When you eat you get regeneration for some time and it would not be instant regen. But I think its kinda useless and it would just slow down the game. I think its not that wrong just to get blood from eating. So I still say its not right to have regen just for nothing it does not make sense at all and this is a simulation. After all body needs fluids just to operate.

Haha, i think im going almost too far with this (its still a game) xD. I just got it: In the game you need to eat and drink, so basically youre forced to do those to survive. So actually regeneration will eventually happen xD! So its not such a bad idea. Thou it should be real slow. I mean like in matter of hours you would regen only little.

Well I have no better things to do than write here. I have random Black Screens at the game and there seems to be no cure for that!

I'm not a fan of the Regen Health idea because it goes in part against the theme of the game. The game is meant to be brutal and adding a regen would be a move closer to games like COD and BF3 where you wait some time and then you suddenly are healed.

DayZ is a game of survival and if you want to heal your lost blood, you have options.

I'm not a fan of the Regen Health idea because it goes in part against the theme of the game. The game is meant to be brutal and adding a regen would be a move closer to games like COD and BF3 where you wait some time and then you suddenly are healed.

DayZ is a game of survival and if you want to heal your lost blood' date=' you have options.

[/quote']

Thing is it shouldn't be instant like it is now. If how it is now is brutal then well I don't know. Say I get shot start bleeding. Lose 4k (or w/e I don't die) blood. All I have to do now is take cover bandage and eat my meat. Magically I'm back to full in under 2mins and have a second chance at taking out the person that shot me. With regen though you wouldn't be able to just get right back to it (sure you could but have less of a chance to survive a hit). You'd have to wait for a lengthy amount of time. Which to me is more brutal. Cause while your waiting the person that shot you can sneak around to your position and finish you off.

Blood is naturally produced from your bone marrow' date=' and obviously we have bones. Our characters bones can break yet their blood marrow is apparently non-existant.

[hr']

I think health regen is bad idea. First of all you dont suffer at all for being little less blood. When you're like 7000 blood its starts to have some effect. Like in real life you can bleed some but it has no serious effects. You already get blood from food and especially self cooked food. So basically that is the effect you are saying.

Our own blood does not magically regenerate we have to eat and drink. So NO regeneration. It is stupid and unrealistic in my mind.

Its stupid an unrealistic huh? Ok so I guess in real life you don't ever regenerate blood naturally and need a transfusion for scraping your knee? By having the regen formula that I posted players couldn't simply just gobble down cans of beans and cooked me and "magically" get their blood back in a few minutes or less. I'm guessing that your character has never been shot with anything more powerful than a makarov if you think blood loss doesn't matter until 7000.

DayZ is a game of survival and if you want to heal your lost blood' date=' you have options.

[/quote']

Im not saying it should be something like COD or BF3 in which the health regeneration is really fast. Please read my first post carefully. I'm not saying this would make it more "casual". If anything it will make it more difficult. It would also discourage players from being "Rambo" because they can't just gobble down cooked meats and get all their blood back in a few minutes or less.

I just find it silly that our characters bodies do not produce their own blood. I think that the blood should regen on its own (Not trying to make this casual or anything) because the human body does so in reality.

[All the numbers below are just suggestions]

- Still keep cap 12000 blood.

- Blood Regens all the time very slowly except when bleeding. (Maybe 250 Blood Per 15 Minutes [0.27 Blood Per Second])

- Eating Food increases the regen rate for an x period of time or at a certain hunger level. (Canned food increases regen rate by 1.5x and cooked meat at 2x)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought eating food was topping up your blood and eating steaks would send it through the roof?

I just find it silly that our characters bodies do not produce their own blood. I think that the blood should regen on its own (Not trying to make this casual or anything) because the human body does so in reality.

[All the numbers below are just suggestions]

- Still keep cap 12000 blood.

- Blood Regens all the time very slowly except when bleeding. (Maybe 250 Blood Per 15 Minutes [0.27 Blood Per Second])

- Eating Food increases the regen rate for an x period of time or at a certain hunger level. (Canned food increases regen rate by 1.5x and cooked meat at 2x)

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' but I thought eating food was topping up your blood and eating steaks would send it through the roof?

[/quote']

Which is exactly the problem with food right now. You can just eat alot of food and be kickin' and runnin' like there is no tomorrow! If blood regen naturally and it could be boosted using food consumption, than one could not just simply gobble down cooked meat and beans for instant health.

I like this idea as it encourages players who are geared out to be much more careful. Currently if you survive an insane battle and are extremely low on blood, you can get back to healthy levels in almost no time if you have enough cooked meat. If all cooked meat did was buff blood regen, you'd require far more careful planning after surviving a dangerous encounter. I'm up for incredibly slow blood regen, somthing like 25-50 blood a hour. Canned and cooked food both buffing that regen for some time, cooked being much higher %. No base regen once you fall below 7k or 6k, no regen at all while bleeding and no base regen if you're staving and dehydrated at the same time.

+1 for the idea, now you just munch on meat and are full on blood. Would also kinda of generate a "darn im full" idea after you ate because you have to wait with the regeneration boost to eat more and get the same effect.

I guess my thread got merged into this one?

Anywho.

I like this idea as it encourages players who are geared out to be much more careful. Currently if you survive an insane battle and are extremely low on blood' date=' you can get back to healthy levels in almost no time if you have enough cooked meat. If all cooked meat did was buff blood regen, you'd require far more careful planning after surviving a dangerous encounter. I'm up for incredibly slow blood regen, somthing like 25-50 blood a hour. Canned and cooked food both buffing that regen for some time, cooked being much higher %. No base regen once you fall below 7k or 6k, no regen at all while bleeding and no base regen if you're staving and dehydrated at the same time.

[/quote']

I like that regen would decrease if you were starving and dehyrated. However it should not completely turn off, because that doesn't really happen unless you are dead. Probably slow the regen rate down depending on the colors of both food and water. For example Green for both is 1x regen so its the normal rate. Yellow would be 0.5x regen. Red would be .25x regen. Even more interesting is that you could have varying combinations of regen rate according to the color. Like lets just make a formula. F= Food and W= Water R= Regen rate. [((F+W)/2)=R]

So for example your food is green (1) and your water is yellow (0.5) plug it in to the formula [((1 + 0.5)/2) =R] R= 0.75. So your blood regen rate would be 0.75 at your current state. Etc Etc.

This would create more of a demand for finding food and water to keep your regen rate up to the normal amount, which in term would force players that tend to go "innawoods" back into town to get supplies.

Maybe let water have slightly more effect, since its almost 50% of your blood and thus more 'valuable' for regeneration. Like the general calculation though.

The mechanic now :

Get in a battle -> get shot -> go behind cover and munch 5 steaks -> most blood is back -> REALISM

How about :

Eat food -> get the amount of blood you get now (or more) but in the period of ten minutes/five hours/I don't know.

Or how about :

Regenerate overtime when hunger is satiated. 1/minute? 100/hour? Something.

Just not the fucking mechanic right now, it's retarded.

I think everybody should be able to do there own blood transfusion because its getting harder to trust people nobody wants to help for the fact that you will get shot in the back

This is Very Hardcore but how about you are only allowed one steak or two cans of food at once.You can eat more but will get no increase in blood.you must wait till your hungry again at which point the food icon starts blinking signaling more food will start the regen again.

Less hardcore version where you can eat 8 or whatever amount of steaks but health regen happens over a long period.....most likely posted here many times.:blush:

Yeah' date=' even a much slower rate of blood gain than what I detailed would give a better feel to it. Say you eat/drink and are in full green for both food and water, you end up regenerating about 1000 over the course of an hour, rather than getting an instant 800 from a slab of cooked meat.

It wouldn't be a "main" type of healing unless you had a lot of patience or supplies, but would just supplement blood packs and the like.

Let drinking increase your blood, not eating. It makes very little sense that stuffing your face with beans fills your veins with fluid.

Then you run into the issue that a player could easily heal to full with infinite water supplies. Besides, while blood is suspended in a fluid, cells take proteins in order to manufacture, which is why it would require both resources to regenerate. Losing blood while starving and dehydrated is analogous to the body cannibalizing itself in order to continue functioning, and giving the body "extra" nutrition than what it needs would allow it to repair.

If you want it to supplement, ask that it bring you to a health level somewhere above where you start passing out (I think 4k blood) and have it take 20 minutes or something.

The problem with this argument is that food already gives you blood, especially food from killed animals. It's almost too easy to survive gunshots from other players so people are less cautious about it. Getting shot should be a BIG deal.

Maybe if zombie damage would heal from food but bullet damage wouldn't. Makes a bit more sense and make engaging other players more risky and turns hospitals back into what they should be. Hot Zones.

i totally agree with several of the above posts currently yes the game is hard and it is supposed to be hard however the ability to bleed out from the medical equivalent of a stubbed toe and the complete lack of regeneration. the human body contains about 10 pints of blood and you can loose up to 15% before any serious effects and than up to 40 % before you go into shock and require a transfusion. additionally minor injuries do heal themselves without bandages provided your not exerting your self and putting pressure on the wound. and blood loss will be self recovered over time naturally normally your volume of blood will return to normal within 24 hours however it will be diluted and take an additional week or so for the red blood cells to return to their normal numbers.

and as for blood loss stopping on it's own that should be based on damage type and quantity. for example a zombie attack would be considered minor damage from blunt force and a single hit would have a maximum blood loss cap after which the bleeding stops naturally. these blood loss caps stack so if you are being curb stomped by a large group of zombies you will bleed out because the cap will increase with every hit.

gunshot wounds and being hit by vehicles would be consider Severe damage and not have any blood loss caps at all.

fall damage would be consider a minor damage with a blood loss cap based on distance fell an if a bone was broken the damage type changes to severe like a gunshot.

basically you get the general idea i am not a programmer so i cant give you the actual numbers or severity of the different types of damage.

so while yes the game is supposed to be hard and yes it is unrealistic to have fast regenerating health. there needs to be something to KEEP THE REALISM. otherwise the whole goal to keep the game authentic goes out the window along with the entire contents of your circulatory system from that bloody nose you just got.