SurvivalServers (DayZ)

Game Server Hosting by SurvivalServers.com *** INSTANT SETUP | CUSTOM CP | FTP | CUSTOM MODS | ANTI-HACK **

I asked the server help rep if he could block a particular port for me on the server side, he responded, "I am not sure, to be honest with you. Go ahead and try it - let me know."

This tells me he knows nothing technically about his servers, he must just simply pay for them from another company. Not a company I would feel safe with.

I followed up by telling them I did not properly research the product I purchased from survivalservers.com, I asked for a refund politely and this morning I woke up to an invoice in my email telling me I had received 2 refunds, one for my server and the Dayz tools also sold for $5. The immediate refund gives me a great impression of this company, for me personally, but the lack of understanding about the server ports blew me away.

I would not rent a server from these guys. I am interested in learning how to setup a VPS, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I asked the server help rep if he could block a particular port for me on the server side, he responded, "I am not sure, to be honest with you. Go ahead and try it - let me know."

This tells me he knows nothing technically about his servers, he must just simply pay for them from another company. Not a company I would feel safe with.

I followed up by telling them I did not properly research the product I purchased from survivalservers.com, I asked for a refund politely and this morning I woke up to an invoice in my email telling me I had received 2 refunds, one for my server and the Dayz tools also sold for $5. The immediate refund gives me a great impression of this company, for me personally, but the lack of understanding about the server ports blew me away.

I would not rent a server from these guys. I am interested in learning how to setup a VPS, can anyone point me in the right direction?

I don't think it is fair for you to claim what we may know or may not know about our servers. We offer DayZ Private and public servers, and you were asking for support on a product we do not offer.

You Said:

"I just purchased my server from your website to specifically make a good NOCD environment so if I cannot make it NOCD it defeats the purpose.I would like to run my server as a NOCD server, is that possible?"

You're the first person that has asked us about this out of thousands of support tickets and hundreds of customers. So it would be a huge waste of time for us to look into this request.

We also replied to 3 tickets and sent a refund all within 6 hours. You should have asked us about the NOCD before purvhasing a server, because it was a huge waste of time for both you and I.

I hope you can see that we sincerely tried to help you, but it is a feature we do not support at the moment.

This has nothing to do with our other servers that are currently running, so it is very rude of you to insult us on our own thread.

Sincerely,

Chad (Survival Servers Co-founder)

Edited by SurvivalServers

Hey,

If it is still asking for a password when joining the server please check if there is a required password in TC Admin >>> Configuration Files >>> Bliss\server.cfg

Whitelister Pro is having a few issues on Start-up (It might only start 80-90% of the time on a server restart.

We highly recommend using Gotcha's whitelister. More information can be found here: http://www.gotcha-antihack.com/

We have lots of customers using Gotcha, most of them are very happy with it thus far.

"MPEventHandler RemoteExec Restriction #0" This error is most likely our Anti-hax. Please uninstall our's and stick with Gotcha for now.

Gotcha has some awesome features for Anti-hacking as well.

Let me know if I can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

-Chad

There is no Gotcha to install. Just anti-hax. I dont understand how this can help me, I cant install it, Its only showing DayZ anti-hax to install.

Yes, I tried it with a password, Entered players in the whitelist after installing it. Yet they needed to input the password to enter.

Do i just uninstall DayZ Anti-Hax, Then conenct using gotcha? Although in the FAQ its asking

1. Go to your DayZ server files. This is possible via File Transfer Protocol(FTP) or Remote Desktop Connection(RDP)
  2. Locate your cfgdayz/BattleEye directory
  3. There should be 5 files named "createvehicle.txt", "remoteexec.txt" and "publicvariable.txt", "setpos.txt" and "setdamage.txt". If they don't exist, create them please.
  4. Now open them, go to a new line and write 2 "" in there.
  5. Open Gotcha and press the "Reload Detection" found in the "Commands" menu.

When i located the cfgdayz folder, There is nothing in it and gotcha doest connect to the txt files. All i can see is who is logged on and chat

Edited by DayZGeneration

There is no Gotcha to install. Just anti-hax. I dont understand how this can help me, I cant install it, Its only showing DayZ anti-hax to install.

Yes, I tried it with a password, Entered players in the whitelist after installing it. Yet they needed to input the password to enter.

Do i just uninstall DayZ Anti-Hax, Then conenct using gotcha? Although in the FAQ its asking

1. Go to your DayZ server files. This is possible via File Transfer Protocol(FTP) or Remote Desktop Connection(RDP)
  2. Locate your cfgdayz/BattleEye directory
  3. There should be 5 files named "createvehicle.txt", "remoteexec.txt" and "publicvariable.txt", "setpos.txt" and "setdamage.txt". If they don't exist, create them please.
  4. Now open them, go to a new line and write 2 "" in there.
  5. Open Gotcha and press the "Reload Detection" found in the "Commands" menu.

When i located the cfgdayz folder, There is nothing in it and gotcha doest connect to the txt files. All i can see is who is logged on and chat

I am a long time user of Gotcha and I can tell you that SS doesn't keep up to date with all the different filters that are available. They just don't add them to the default directories (e.g. mpeventhandler /addweaponcargo / publicvariableval / publicvariablevar being the ones that have been in use for quite some time now (> 8 weeks)

Now if you rent a private hive server you might be able to put the needed files in the right folder yourself. If you are renting an 'official hive' server, like I was (yes, past tense) you have no such option.

For all the needed and updated filterfiles go to http://code.google.c...se/#git/filters

There you will find all you need (txt files).

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

I am a long time user of Gotcha and I can tell you that SS doesn't keep up to date with all the different filters that are available. They just don't add them to the default directories (e.g. mpeventhandler /addweaponcargo / publicvariableval / publicvariablevar being the ones that have been in use for quite some time now (> 8 weeks)

Now if you rent a private hive server you might be able to put the needed files in the right folder yourself. If you are renting an 'official hive' server, like I was (yes, past tense) you have no such option.

For all the needed and updated filterfiles go to http://code.google.c...se/#git/filters

There you will find all you need (txt files).

Cheers, I did this, But now everyone is getting kicked for script restriction #21

I now cant even log onto the server, I get to the lobby, click connect. Then i get the create character message then i get an orange chain, then a red chain. No message for 15 seconds. No one can join, Dayztools is down. Also when i look in the configuration for the server, above the start stop and restart buttons.

The Pid number next to the running status is 0, and the font is now in red.

Im guessing something is going on as Everything is down. DayZtools, It crashes when trying to start, stop or restart.

Edited by DayZGeneration

Yep, all is down for me too, TCAdmin, DayzTools, & phpMyAdmin...

502 Bad Gateway <----yaay!

Cheers, I did this, But now everyone is getting kicked for script restriction #21

Ok, whenever you get your server back online you could try this;

Have a look at your script.txt and make sure you have updated it with the latest one provided at http://code.google.c...se/#git/filters

I know Dwarden fixed the script restriction #45 with the last changes to script.txt, but has since then made two other changes to the file. You can follow all the made changes over at http://code.google.c...ist/source/list

So, if you have the latest script.txt and are still getting the scipt restriction #21 it means whatever is on the 21st line is getting (innocent?) players kicked.

You can change that line, which most probably be

5 createVehicleLocal !"\"createVehicleLocal\"," !"_point = \"Logic\" createVehicleLocal getPosATL _unit;" !"_object = _type createVehicleLocal _position;" !"_fl = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;" !"_lightArea = \"#lightpoint\" createVehicleLocal (getPosATL _flare);" !"_lightSpark = \"#lightpoint\" createVehicleLocal (getPosATL _flare);" !"_source = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal getpos (_this select 0);" !"_source = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal _pos;\n_source setParticleParams" !"_smoke = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal _pos;\n_smoke attachto [_v,[0,0,0],\"destructionEffect1\"];" !"_Crater= \"CraterLong\" createvehiclelocal [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];\n_Crater setdir (_dir + (180 * _i));"

The number 5 at the very beginning of the line means it logs AND kicks the player. If you can change that to 1 instead of 5, it will only log and not kick.

Be mindfull though that you might be adding a security hole because by setting it to only logging (e.g. 1) you prevent players who are doing naughty things getting kicked.

To be honest, these script restrictions (#45, #51, #38, #21, and so on) were introduced with 1.7.4.4 patch and they have been very, VERY, late with adjusting the script.txt file to prevent these false kicks. Hell, it took them over 3 weeks to eventually incorperate a fix for the extremely widespread 'script restriction #45' error.

it's just a fact that if you admin a DayZ server there is a lot you have to do yourself and always try to stay informed on problems and the possible fixes.

Edited by tickle_me_jesus

I had 2 days left on my contract. So, I just requested cancellation then went to Dayz.st, reason, SS havent been that great to be fair so i may aswell try someone else. But mainly due to dayz.st having UK locations.

After a day with Dayz.st though, There UI is so much faster and simpler. Maybe work on that SS

Ok, whenever you get your server back online you could try this;

Have a look at your script.txt and make sure you have updated it with the latest one provided at http://code.google.c...se/#git/filters

I know Dwarden fixed the script restriction #45 with the last changes to script.txt, but has since then made two other changes to the file. You can follow all the made changes over at http://code.google.c...ist/source/list

So, if you have the latest script.txt and are still getting the scipt restriction #21 it means whatever is on the 21st line is getting (innocent?) players kicked.

You can change that line, which most probably be

5 createVehicleLocal !"\"createVehicleLocal\"," !"_point = \"Logic\" createVehicleLocal getPosATL _unit;" !"_object = _type createVehicleLocal _position;" !"_fl = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal getpos _v;" !"_lightArea = \"#lightpoint\" createVehicleLocal (getPosATL _flare);" !"_lightSpark = \"#lightpoint\" createVehicleLocal (getPosATL _flare);" !"_source = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal getpos (_this select 0);" !"_source = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal _pos;\n_source setParticleParams" !"_smoke = \"#particlesource\" createVehicleLocal _pos;\n_smoke attachto [_v,[0,0,0],\"destructionEffect1\"];" !"_Crater= \"CraterLong\" createvehiclelocal [_pos select 0, _pos select 1, 0];\n_Crater setdir (_dir + (180 * _i));"

The number 5 at the very beginning of the line means it logs AND kicks the player. If you can change that to 1 instead of 5, it will only log and not kick.

Be mindfull though that you might be adding a security hole because by setting it to only logging (e.g. 1) you prevent players who are doing naughty things getting kicked.

To be honest, these script restrictions (#45, #51, #38, #21, and so on) were introduced with 1.7.4.4 patch and they have been very, VERY, late with adjusting the script.txt file to prevent these false kicks. Hell, it took them over 3 weeks to eventually incorperate a fix for the extremely widespread 'script restriction #45' error.

it's just a fact that if you admin a DayZ server there is a lot you have to do yourself and always try to stay informed on problems and the possible fixes.

Thanks for this, Although I feel this wasnt something i should of been doing, Like it got pointed out. SS are not on form with keeping there filters up to date. I had enough

I had 2 days left on my contract. So, I just requested cancellation then went to Dayz.st, reason, SS havent been that great to be fair so i may aswell try someone else. But mainly due to dayz.st having UK locations.

After a day with Dayz.st though, There UI is so much faster and simpler. Maybe work on that SSI had 2 days left on my contract. So, I just requested cancellation then went to Dayz.st, reason, SS havent been that great to be fair so i may aswell try someone else. But mainly due to dayz.st having UK locations.

After a day with Dayz.st though, There UI is so much faster and simpler. Maybe work on that SS

Anyone else get this email from SS?

"Good Morning,

We've added two new installs to the "Mod Manager" page within TC Admin. Taviana 1.7.4.4 and DayZ 4.2 Dec 8. This update applies to both community and private hives.

What is Taviana?

Taviana is a large map with over 300 spawn locations for vehicles. The official website is http://dayztaviana.com/

If you would like to play on Taviana, please follow the following steps (otherwise you can stay on the original Bliss 4.2):

1/ Stop your server

2/ TC Admin -> Mod Manager -> Install Taviana 1.7.4.4

3/ TC Admin -> Mod Manager -> Install Bliss 4.2 Dec 8

4/ TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> server.cfg Config Editor -> Select "Taviana" from map drop-down and save

5/ TC Admin -> Command Line -> Select Taviana command line

6/ Start your server

Fully managed customer?

Simply submit a support ticket and we'll migrate you over to Taviana!

Sincerely,

Survival Servers"

I did as instructed and couldnt get mine to work. Maybe you guys had better luck?

Anyone having issues with the Taviana update please make sure you have DayZTaviana 1.7.4.4 installed from DayZCommander.

Please download DayZCommander and install this version. (not DayZland version.)

Sincerely,

Survival Servers

New map kicks me with a script err create vehicle #1, Also in dayz commander it says my installed version of dayz 1.7.4.4 and the server is 12, also half the time i try and join i get oops something went wrong please try again...

Edited by Wadt007

Yep, same here bro. I installed through Dayz Commander and still have issues. SS please check your end.

My server is still inoperative using said directions provided from your email. For the time being I reverted back to Namalsk. I will provide a detailed ticket and screenshots when I get off work. Maybe then the issues with Traviana be ironed out.

If you are getting script restriction error #1 do the following (in order):

Stop server

Go to command lines, change to another map.. then change back to Taviana command line

Go to mod manager and reinstall Bliss 4.2 Dec 8 version

Go to mod manager and install Dec 12 BattlEye for Tavi

Start server

• Like 1

Ordered server last night. how long does it take to get setup? Also will i get email on how to access the dayz tools, ect..? also have ticket # 377426 thanks again

Edited by burgfire

I have a server with you guys but Arma 2 Rcon will not connect, I sent in a ticket about the issue.

Released a fix for the Celle map. If you want to play on Celle do the following:

Stop server

TC Admin -> Configuration Files -> server.cfg "Config Editor" -> Choose Celle -> Save

TC Admin -> Mod Manager -> Uninstall 4.2 (any version) -> Install 4.2 Dec 8 version

TC Admin -> Mod Manager -> Uninstall previous BattlEye -> Install latest BattlEye for Celle

Start server

The new Namalsk update will be ready once it is officially supported by Bliss.

We are testing a few manual updates for those of you that have requested.

Sincerely,

Survival Servers

Edited by SurvivalServers

If you would like to have your server manually updated to Namalsk 0.72 or Taviana 2.0 please contact us via support ticket.

We are not officially supporting it until the next Bliss update but will gladly install it manually for you.